What's new

Question Ask Baraka

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Yeah I tried it too. You can't do anything after the F1. Even in the corner. That full combo B31F1 should only ever be used when the B31 is blocked.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jamessmk

I am your god
B31F1 is really only good to send them to corner. I utilize it when I am 1/4 from side of arena.

BTW any one wanna work some Baraka combo and strategies, hit me up name is same on both system and here, or PM me here

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
James are there any other Baraka players in the NE besides you? I heard THTB was picking him up...

jamessmk

I am your god
James are there any other Baraka players in the NE besides you? I heard THTB was picking him up...

Yeah THTB picked him up and there is one more I know Shadow Zero Kyo who is a solid Baraka. Beyond that not that I know of.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
I noticed this from playing with Sonya Players:
They do down 4 then kartweel which comes fast after the down kick .. I tried to counter that kartwheel with spin but it did not work as the spin came out but her kartwheel is faster.
Do you guys know if her cartwheel is overhead (or the enhanced one is over head) cuz I tried to do down block after the sonya's down kick but she does her kart wheel and ended with massive combo damage for her ..

And her kartwheel is kinna safe on block as she can do uppercut or anything else after that.
Its better to stay away from her and zone her with Baraka if possible.

Even though I still think her down 4 into kartwheel strategy is her best agasint Baraka.

Thats my tip ... I hope you guys give me some help on how to beat that strategy of her

jamessmk

I am your god
I noticed this from playing with Sonya Players:
They do down 4 then kartweel which comes fast after the down kick .. I tried to counter that kartwheel with spin but it did not work as the spin came out but her kartwheel is faster.
Do you guys know if her cartwheel is overhead (or the enhanced one is over head) cuz I tried to do down block after the sonya's down kick but she does her kart wheel and ended with massive combo damage for her ..

And her kartwheel is kinna safe on block as she can do uppercut or anything else after that.
Its better to stay away from her and zone her with Baraka if possible.

Even though I still think her down 4 into kartwheel strategy is her best agasint Baraka.

Thats my tip ... I hope you guys give me some help on how to beat that strategy of her
When I have fought her. I space myself as far. In close she is a mofo. I use the spin on spring kick as it is coming in. Space enough on ring toss to get in with blade charge. Then when on top of her mix up of d4, d1, d3, of f44 into spin. Let me know how it works for you.

I could use strategy against cage though. Kinda whooping me lately with mix up

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When I have fought her. I space myself as far. In close she is a mofo. I use the spin on spring kick as it is coming in. Space enough on ring toss to get in with blade charge. Then when on top of her mix up of d4, d1, d3, of f44 into spin. Let me know how it works for you.

I could use strategy against cage though. Kinda whooping me lately with mix up
With cage I find that you have to sort of space him out like sonya. Dont really want to get in his frametraps. I usually spam a couple of sparks, do an U+3 and bait an EX shadow kick, and respond with a full combo. But I highly doubt that would work offline lol. But really I would just say space him out so that his energy balls can be punished by blade charge, any jump ins can be punished by spin, etc. If he gets you in frame traps obviously D+1 is your best bet, but im guessing you knew that.

But yeah, that is my advice

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Bottom line question: how do you beat her kartwheel or down 4 into kartwhee?l Spin did not work ?

One more thing: Notice if you try to jump over Sonya, she will do also down 3 or down 4 into Kartwheel then massive damage combo after that ...

I tried to bait kartwheel but its safe and I ended up being upper cutted.

Is her Kartwheel over head (how about enhanced kartwheel)?

I was only successful twice in beating her down 4 with chop chop and it was risky

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Not if u get hit by the D4. It's a frame trap. If you block the D4 then u can spin her out of it. Of course then there's always a chance of her doing another D4...You can njp her out of Cartwheel. Or just low block it. Its not an overhead.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Not if u get hit by the D4. It's a frame trap. If you block the D4 then u can spin her out of it. Of course then there's always a chance of her doing another D4...You can njp her out of Cartwheel. Or just low block it. Its not an overhead.

Cuban here is my note:
Yesterday I had 6 matches with Sonya and I noticed this ... If you block her down4, then try to spin .. I did that exactly. The spin came out but her kartwheel hit me despite spinning (I tried that twice .. It was weird to me .. like chop chop in the way of getting missing stuff)

Thanks for letting me know its not over head .. Thats great

It is still safe though and she can do another down 4 into another fucking kartwheel

Nver tried njp against her kartwheel .. But notice that Sonya players do not commonly do kartwheel alone without down 4

Another note: Her best wake up in my opinion was down 4 into kartwheel .. She doesn't have great wake ups !!!

May be a good way to counter down 4 is chop chop but it is risky !!

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
updated
v.s. sonya still needs work
like always let me know if i miss any questions and answers

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
My Baraka tasted Sonya's pussy juice yesterday offline and it was fishy-like smell fuck fuck fuck !!! (She got infection)

So far, zoning her is my best bet .. I used ex spark on her and it was kinna useful.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Dude I'm tellin you, Sonya's easy lol. Well not EASY easy, but Sonya players are easy to figure out. Kartwheel leaves u both at neutral frames, so you can jump out before a D4 comes out. Never use Chop Chop as a wake up against meaty pokes anymore. The startup is still too long to take advantage of the invincibilty frames. Blade Rush is the better option because it's a true mid, and it's tougher to punish. EN Slices is good too, but it sometimes whiffs against low hitbox characters. Both Chop Chop and Blade Rush devour her Kartwheel as well, so those are good anti wakeup tools, just don't do it when she has meter. Don't try to zone her, Rings are way too good, and you'll lose 90% of the time. Sonya doesn't have good AA other than standing 1, so abuse that. If she tries D4 into MS pressure, just crossup jump, njp, or D1, D3 her. When she has meter, you have to respect her like Kabal though, because any EN Kartwheel will blow through your frame trap and she gets a free combo into MS pressure.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Dude I'm tellin you, Sonya's easy lol. Well not EASY easy, but Sonya players are easy to figure out. Kartwheel leaves u both at neutral frames, so you can jump out before a D4 comes out. Never use Chop Chop as a wake up against meaty pokes anymore. The startup is still too long to take advantage of the invincibilty frames. Blade Rush is the better option because it's a true mid, and it's tougher to punish. EN Slices is good too, but it sometimes whiffs against low hitbox characters. Both Chop Chop and Blade Rush devour her Kartwheel as well, so those are good anti wakeup tools, just don't do it when she has meter. Don't try to zone her, Rings are way too good, and you'll lose 90% of the time. Sonya doesn't have good AA other than standing 1, so abuse that. If she tries D4 into MS pressure, just crossup jump, njp, or D1, D3 her. When she has meter, you have to respect her like Kabal though, because any EN Kartwheel will blow through your frame trap and she gets a free combo into MS pressure.

I still think zoning is a good option against her. Her projectile is not is that great .. You can jump over rings pretty easy while its hardly you can jump over baraka spark. Sonya can still use that AA dive kick and you can cancel that thing with spin or chop chop . Again Sonya players do not use kartwheel alone (but after d4) and like you said its a frame trap.

Once you have a good meter (at least 2 bars) I would start the zoning against her.

There is a problem .. Spin is not that effective defense against her since she can use down 4 into kartwheel tactic and counter the spin (as you said its a frame trap). You're right blade charge might be better option.
Anyways, I have to say frankly, I have little or no experience against Sonya.

Baraka's chop chop is still my favorite Baraka move as it gives Baraka the respect against any people who try to rush you. I agree with you that its not good usually. But never say "do not use it"

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I'm not saying don't use Chop Chop in general. It's still a good move and can still catch jumpins if properly spaced. Just saying its beatable as a wakeup, while Rush isn't. D4 into Kartwheel isn't a true combo, so the Kartwheel can always be blocked. That's why I'm saying its not a good tactic to use constantly. I see Sonya players use D4 into MS more than D4 into Kartwheel, and that's much worse lol.

Zoidberg747

I find spamming spark to work against Sonyas who like to dive kick, as it seems to always hit them out of the air. Once you have meter and Sonya starts throw out random rings, you can EX blade charge to get in. And like Cuban said, the D4 into kartwheel isnt a true combo, just keep blocking.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
will update today with the sonya info to the question
a lil later tho.... being lazy right now

Flagg

Noob
Sonya doesn't have a good AA apart from standing 1? I think some of you are forgetting about her uppercut...

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
I find spamming spark to work against Sonyas who like to dive kick, as it seems to always hit them out of the air. Once you have meter and Sonya starts throw out random rings, you can EX blade charge to get in. And like Cuban said, the D4 into kartwheel isnt a true combo, just keep blocking.
Not if you get hit by down 4 into kartwheel. Cuban is right! .. Found that some Sonya players do down 4 when you try to cross jump them too. If you get hit by down 4 from a cross then kartwheel is 100% definit later as a combo.

Agreed with Cuban and u in that its not true combo if you are blocking. but what can you do after the kartwheel ? cuz that kartwheel is safe on block!
She can grab you or do down 4 into another kartwheel or even cross jump to do other stuff.

I found that only Ex Blade charge is a great solution for Raka pressure situations cuz its armored. Otherwise you have to either keep blocking or down 3 which is not good option agisnt her fast pokes Or may be spin (Which is useless in here as I tried it when that Sonya guy abused down 4 and it countered the spin as you know). or even jump to get away.

I wont say its easy cuz people play differently in different strategies. Some people use mix ups, pressure, and others use zoning .. Its very diverse MK9 strategy.
One most important aspect is: Timing and concentration besides good experience

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
If she keeps D4ing into Kartwheel after you blocked the Kartwheel, just D1 her. That'll keep her from continuing pressure, and stops instant Dive Kick attempts. You can also crossup jump kick. Crossup jump punch won't work most of the time because, like Mileena, Sonya has a small hitbox. Jump kick can be followed up by a Blade Charge as well for added damage. Blade Charge alone works too, but she can beat it with her 7 frame jabs.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
If she keeps D4ing into Kartwheel after you blocked the Kartwheel, just D1 her. That'll keep her from continuing pressure, and stops instant Dive Kick attempts. You can also crossup jump kick. Crossup jump punch won't work most of the time because, like Mileena, Sonya has a small hitbox. Jump kick can be followed up by a Blade Charge as well for added damage. Blade Charge alone works too, but she can beat it with her 7 frame jabs.

Why using down 1 which has 7 frame if I'm using down 3 which has 6 frames. I used down 3 agasint her and its not working for me sometimes cuz she does different stuff after Kartwheel like cross jump or even show her pussy. Timing is the main reason indeed. She's a bitch and she is not easy to handle

Zoidberg747

I dont know why Baraka is not a bad matchup for Smoke in the new tier lists eyes. I mean, blade charge makes a big part of Smoke's game useless. Am I blowing smoke(pun not intended) or is it a bad matchup?