What's new

Ask a Question,Get an Answer,Sonya Style

Lt.Blade

Noob
Ask any questions or post concerns that regard only to Sonya Blade. Please do not post illogical self-induced(explained) or ignorant questions.

Anyone found any use for Sonya's Deadly Kiss, it has a pretty long start up so I haven't been able to use it normally and haven't seen a way to combo it in either. Any help?

I love Sonya, but is there a way to give her a different line of text after she starts/wins a match? Her voiceacting is really bad.

So im doing sonyas 2,1,stance cancel,2,1,stance cancel,2,1, on and on... and my friends say they cant do nothing about it and I dont know how you would get out of it. It seems like a complete lockdown and my opponent even gets hit when trying to jump. I heard from the podcast something about sonyas stance cancel being patched but i cant remember what. But does anyone know how to get out of that?

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Is Sonya a zoning type of character in this game or a mostly in your face type?

Also does she got good corner pressure?

I love Sonya, but is there a way to give her a different line of text after she starts/wins a match? Her voiceacting is really bad.
Her voice acting is fine.

Neclord

Noob
Is Sonya a zoning type of character in this game or a mostly in your face type?

Also does she got good corner pressure?
She is a rushdown character. :)
And yes she has good corner pressure, she has a good dive kick and her military stance is great for keeping the enemy in the corner.
And the air throw helps a lot as well. She can kick you in the air and cancel the kick into air throw.

DrDogg

Noob
So im doing sonyas 2,1,stance cancel,2,1,stance cancel,2,1, on and on... and my friends say they cant do nothing about it and I dont know how you would get out of it. It seems like a complete lockdown and my opponent even gets hit when trying to jump. I heard from the podcast something about sonyas stance cancel being patched but i cant remember what. But does anyone know how to get out of that?
This is a guaranteed block string at the moment. The only way out is to eat the combo. Expect this to be patched.

I haven't even bothered to learn it because it's basically an infinite and is banned at all of my locals.

Sonya Blade

Mission Accomplished
What do you guys think is the best way to integrate Military Stance into one's playstyle? I personally like doing a blockstring like 1,1,2 xx Military Stance, then do Toward + 1 or the tackle (1+3), although that's pretty much all I do regarding the stance. Is there any other cool tricks I can do with Military Stance, post patch?

Jaarus

Noob
I haven't had much experience with Soyna, but I can't seem to punish her Air Drop after blocking it. This was online by the way, I'm sure it's a lot different offline.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
So i'm having a little trouble going from 1,1,4 into military stance b 2 , i've seen people do it online and i just cant connect them. Any suggestions?

how do u play against zoning character like noob and kenshi. u have no teleport the arc kick can be punish and cant jumb to use dive kick because of noob teleport grab and kenshi anti air

how do u play against zoning character like noob and kenshi. u have no teleport the arc kick can be punish and cant jumb to use dive kick because of noob teleport grab and kenshi anti air
Dash block up to them, but stop at jump distance( this tends to draw out aa sometimes, depending on how you timed your dashes) you can also use Ex Cartwheel(has armour) to go through projectiles. If you draw out an aa, combo them while they are in recovery. Once up close I tend to use d4 and d1, once or twice( this trains your opponent to block low) then use f4(this gives you a safe jump if it hits). if you do hit, jump puch them and combo them( if you are getting blocked, repeat the first steps and d4 or d1) you can mix up your next choice by either going for the overhead(grants another safe jump)or by using a throw. Kenshi is very susceptible to jump in punches. Also when Noob is getting up, I block low so as to avoid being hit by all his wake ups(to my knowledge, none of them are overheads, may be wrong) and punish him if he uses one. While facing zoners you are going to have to sacrifice Ex bars to win with Sonya imo.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Can some1 list me all of sonya's bnb's and the situations to use each launcher in? I want to start playing Sonya, wen't to the combo thread but couldn't find one post with all her bnb's in and seemed like everyone was using different combos. Also the combos in the guide seem old obviously.

Atm all I'm doing is linking every luancher into b21f2 then jk to airthrow.

phnmnl

Noob
High end Sonya players will cartwheel after the MS f1 low string. It doesn't combo, so is this to make the string safe on block?

leek

Noob
How the hell are you supposed to play against sonya?

I get wrecked no matter who I use, I can't get in but they just arc kick if I try to zone.

distance I'm supposed to be at? What does sonya have trouble with?