What's new

Ask a Question,Get an Answer,Sonya Style

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I hope, I don´t ask a question already asked over and over again.

At what frame can you cancel out of MS? Is it possible to link into MS and cancel right away to have frame advantage on your next blockstring?

Thanks in advance!

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Just started using her, Sonya is AMAZING!

I find her divekick into 114 or 21 not too hard, BUT I only really nail that if I do an instant dive kick. Connecting that from a divekick where she is almost at full height is quite tricky.

I read Foxys guide last night, are her MS cancels the first thing I really should get comfortable with?
another stupid question:

I think, you don´t have to time your combo-input after a successful divekick. Am I right?
You can do the divekick and while still in mid-air, you can continue with 114. If the divekick connects so will the 114.

Somberness

Lights
I hope, I don´t ask a question already asked over and over again.

At what frame can you cancel out of MS? Is it possible to link into MS and cancel right away to have frame advantage on your next blockstring?

Thanks in advance!
Take 21 and subtract it from the cancel advantage, it was pasted in the first post of the frame data thread. Here's the moves that are at neutral or higher on block.
1,1,2 - 0
2 - +5
2,1 - +3
3,1,2 - +4
4,4 - +4
D+4 - +5
B+2 - +5
B+2,1 - +3
F+2 - +6
F+2,2 - +6

jokey77

Character Loyalist
21 ist the number, thanks!
that´s interesting. thank you very much!

wait, I still don't get it... 2 has +26 cancel-advantage and 10 frames start-up.
so 2 xx MS ist +5 on block? then this would be a block-infinite?

can't be... :)

jokey77

Character Loyalist
thank you once again, somberness. i come to think, F+2, 2 xx MS may be a good way to cover distance!

btw.: how do you guys punish mileenas dive-kicks? generally i have a hard time punishing stuff with sonya, especially online where B+2 never comes out in time.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
is there a shortcut to get sonya into her military stance? i'm trying to use it as part of a combo, but it seems to take too long, by which time the combo has ended.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Do an instant divekick from a crouching state and you will always hit below opponent's knees, this works from d4 distance as well( I'm using this after a d3 right now).
Can you punish Reptile's dash with a instant divekick?
Can Reptile punish a divekick that hit below his knees?