What's new

Match-up Discussion Anything but mediocre! The Zod Pictorial Match Up Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
lol i never approach zod i turtle him out. why go in..
Why be in denial? You rushed me down whenever you were beating me. The logic is fairly simple.

If you turtle, Zod's trait recharges safely and allows for multiple trait activations within a fight. If Zod activates 9-10 traits, he is going to win 90% of the time. If, however, he only activates 4-5 traits, he will probably lose.

So does Ravens placement on here mean 5-5 or 6-4 Zod? These picture charts are stupid.

@General M2Dave
5:5

Fighting Raven is very challenging (well, your Raven).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Because the picture is confusing to some people, here is the traditional format.

Aquaman: 5:5
Ares: 6:4

Bane: 6:4
Batman: 5:5
Batgirl: 5:5
Black Adam: 6:4

Catwoman: 6:4
Cyborg: 7:3
Deathstroke: 6:4
Doomsday: 5:5
Flash: 4:6
Green Arrow: 6:4
Green Lantern: 6:4
Harley Quinn: 6:4
Hawkgirl: 7:3
Joker: 7:3
Killer Frost: 5:5
Lex Luthor: 6:4
Lobo: 6:4
Martian Manhunter: 3:7
Nightwing: 5:5
Raven: 5:5
Scorpion: 5:5
Shazam: 7:3
Sinestro: 4:6
Solomon Grundy: 6:4
Superman: 5:5
Wonder Woman: 5:5
Zatanna: 5:5

Matches are also determined by stages. Zod's best two stage are Watch Tower and Metropolis Rooftop. The worst is Atlantis.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because the picture is confusing to some people, here is the traditional format.

Aquaman: 5:5
Ares: 6:4

Bane: 6:4
Batman: 5:5
Batgirl: 5:5
Black Adam: 6:4

Catwoman: 6:4
Cyborg: 7:3
Deathstroke: 6:4
Doomsday: 5:5
Flash: 4:6
Green Arrow: 6:4
Green Lantern: 6:4
Harley Quinn: 6:4
Hawkgirl: 7:3
Joker: 7:3
Killer Frost: 5:5
Lex Luthor: 6:4
Lobo: 6:4
Martian Manhunter: 3:7
Nightwing: 5:5
Raven: 5:5
Scorpion: 5:5
Shazam: 7:3
Sinestro: 4:6
Solomon Grundy: 6:4
Superman: 5:5
Wonder Woman: 5:5
Zatanna: 5:5

Matches are also determined by stages. Zod's best two stage are Watch Tower and Metropolis Rooftop. The worst is Atlantis.
I agree w most

My definite disagreements are

NW 7-3 or 6-4 MINIMUM
MMH 4-6 or 5-5
Sinestro 3-7

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That's what I want to know. What does MMH do to make it his worst? I hope it's not the OH teleport.
Why not?

Pig and I agree that Zod's neutral game is not very strong unless he can control the pace of the match with side arm and grounded / aerial Zod balls, which is not possible versus Martian Manhunter because of the overhead teleport. In fact, Zod's neutral game is weaker than Black Adam's. Neither has any mix ups, but at least Black Adam has a launching overhead string that is +3 on block. There are also a couple of misconceptions such as the ability to forward dash an instant aerial overhead teleport on reaction.

Overhead teleport aside, Martian Manhunter has...

- superior footsies thanks to trait. Pretty obvious stuff. J.2 is also one of the very, very few aerial attacks that Zod's aerial charge cannot anti air reliably.
- superior frame traps and mix ups. Strings can be finished with MB orb, which is +30 on block, and followed up by b+1 / b+2 or additional frame traps.
- superior damage output. Most combos do 40% of damage, which is very rare for Zod outside of trait mix ups, and end in untechable knock downs.
- control and prevention of interactable objects that rivals Zod's. Proper MB orb placement and MB charges in combos guarantee interactable objects.
- great defense, such as a two hitting MB b+3 and MB orb, that can limit Zod's trait mix ups.

...all these advantages for a character that Zod cannot keep away.

Pig Of The Hut

Why not?

Pig and I agree that Zod's neutral game is not very strong unless he can control the pace of the match with side arm and grounded / aerial Zod balls, which is not possible versus Martian Manhunter because of the overhead teleport. In fact, Zod's neutral game is weaker than Black Adam's. Neither has any mix ups, but at least Black Adam has a launching overhead string that is +3 on block. There are also a couple of misconceptions such as the ability to forward dash an instant aerial overhead teleport on reaction.

- superior footsies thanks to trait. Pretty obvious stuff. J.2 is also one of the very, very few aerial attacks that Zod's aerial charge cannot anti air reliably.
- superior frame traps and mix ups. Strings can be finished with MB orb, which is +30 on block, and followed up by b+1 / b+2 or additional frame traps.
- superior damage output. Most combos do 40% of damage, which is very rare for Zod outside of trait mix ups, and end in untechable knock downs.
- control and prevention of interactable objects that rivals Zod's. Proper MB orb placement and MB charges in combos guarantee interactable objects.
- great defense, such as a two hitting MB b+3 and MB orb, that can limit Zod's trait mix ups.

You CAN do it on reaction

Ask rebelo Reo Jupiter who does

Why not?

How good is Zod's 21 game though? Like 21 MB close laser and 213 as a mix up.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
The DS matchup seems about right from what i can tell. doesnt seem to be horrible but a slight advantage in zod's favor

Pig Of The Hut

Big gap inbetween the string and the laser and not too hard to react to or fuzzy guard. Also if you do input 213~close laser and the overhead hits them then you don't get a combo anyway.
The laser is confirmable

U never auto input a direction till u see it hit or not

Im new to zod, can you explain why shazam loses this match up? Do you personally feel you have enough experience against players using that character to the full extent? Im not sure what im suppose to shut down against shazam or what I'm not doing right cause it doesnt feel like that to me. not saying it's in his favor, I just dont see it.

THANKS! @General M2Dave @AK Pig Of The Hut