What's new

Match-up Discussion Anything but mediocre! The Zod Pictorial Match Up Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The idea is derived from the recent insurgence of Street Fighter pictorial match up charts published on eventhubs. Players like Justin Wong and Dieminion have used a similar format to create pictorial match up charts for Rufus and Guile, respectively.

And because this forum is dead, here is something to talk about...

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/injustice/index_customize.html?tc=ya0-trldcjk47i8wa2ct5b6la2dlg8jz5chm5clu36dp349p33j0a3f85cig34on5f835bf87lmb5egpg78xcmlea3ag5bbacm5t5bbm7jb8a2f7b7j2ckf4jlnmcl-bkf-naGeneral M2Dave-tiZod Pictorial Match Up Chart-ct999999-c1000000-c2000000-tvFF7101-thDD3C3C-d16:4 -x110-d24:6 -x210-d3Even -x310-d4Even -x418

I believe Zod's placement is similar to Freddy's in Mortal Kombat. He is probably ranked anywhere from 4-7. The execution required to play Zod in comparison to Freddy is, however, another story and perhaps explains why a Zod player has yet to place top 8 at a major or regional tournament, but Pig or I, or both, will hopefully succeed next weekend.

Aside from @AK Pig Of The Hut, I honestly do not even know who uses Zod, but if you play Injustice at a high level, leave a comment.

Let me tag some players who may have some interesting stuff to say.

@AK Harold
@DarthArma
@EMPEROR_THEO
@FOREVER KING
@A F0xy Grampa
@Master D.
@THTB
@WoundCowboy

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zod-NW is at least 6-4.
I am not convinced. Nightwing's anti-zoning tools are solid against Zod and Nightwing's small standing hitbox makes instant aerial Zod balls useless. Nightwing is also better up close.

If you want to experience something that is "at least 6:4", use Black Adam or Grundy on Zod.

thankyou bombardier dave.you are now free to tap the b button on ur game pad and enjoy yourself.
I prefer the 4 button.

RIF

Noob
Really agree with 4:6 against the Flash. That character is ridiculous. Running man stance cancels is an amazing tool to close the gap against zoners. Once Flash is in, most characters need meter for push-blocking JUST to get breathing room. Forcing you to burn meter while he applies pressure via his plus strings will always be in his favor.

After watching Harold on the AK Stream yesterday, I am convinced that he is in the Top 3-5 conversation. He plays that character at a VERY high level.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Really agree with 4:6 against the Flash. That character is ridiculous. Running man stance cancels is an amazing tool to close the gap against zoners. Once Flash is in, most characters need meter for push-blocking JUST to get breathing room. Forcing you to burn meter while he applies pressure via his plus strings will always be in his favor.

After watching Harold on the AK Stream yesterday, I am convinced that he is in the Top 3-5 conversation. He plays that character at a VERY high level.
Zod can safely escape corners with the aerial charge against many characters. Flash's MB lightning charge prohibits that option, though.

AK Harold has improved tremendously, but honestly Master D. has been using RMS cancels for a while. The difference is that GEC decides not to stream.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
If by the chart reads Ares as 6-4 Zod, then i'm fine with it. I haven't played a good Zod since the patch so i'm sketchy on the matchup still.

@General M2Dave I'd love to get in a convo with your cousin to share ideas about Flash. You are dead on about me not fully utilizing Flash and RMS. I watch my recap videos all the time and always find things I can do better. I understand MasterD is a very skilled player overall and being able to bounce around ideas is the way Flash players should be anyways :p. I have been actively practicing B22 RMS against some of the cast after your critique.

As far as Zod v Flash, I am sure I will get a lot of hate for this but it is too early for me right now to decide if it is favorable. Thank you for the tag though.

I hope to see both a Zod and Flash top 8 in KIT good luck.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Looks about right. PotH, if you still wanna do a quick set or whatever I don't mind. I actually don't work tonight. You'll probably win though. :(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I am not convinced. Nightwing's anti-zoning tools are solid against Zod and Nightwing's small standing hitbox makes instant aerial Zod balls useless. Nightwing is also better up close.

If you want to experience something that is "at least 6:4", use Black Adam or Grundy on Zod.

I prefer the 4 button.
Nw loses IMO 3-7

DarkPage

Noob
im like an idiot i dont get the MU chart is it like if its to the left at the top its more 6:4 in zods favor?

Pig Of The Hut

Zod can safely escape corners with the aerial charge against many characters. Flash's MB lightning charge prohibits that option, though.

AK Harold has improved tremendously, but honestly Master D. has been using RMS cancels for a while. The difference is that GEC decides not to stream.
The master D has a lot if pressureto deliver next weekend

I hope he does, the flash community is awful w Results hence everyone thinks he's mid tier

It'll take Harold or master d to change heads

Pig Of The Hut

IMO worst MU is sinestro 3-7
Flash 4-6
MMH could be 5-5

All others in ZOD favor or even

IMO 2 bad or 3 bad Mus

4x4lo8o

Noob
If by the chart reads Ares as 6-4 Zod, then i'm fine with it. I haven't played a good Zod since the patch so i'm sketchy on the matchup still.
I always do well against B Wizz's Zod. I thought it was because his Zod wasn't that great, but after his showing at WNF it seems his Zod is pretty solid so maybe that is just a difficult match up for Zod