What's new

Anyone here play PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Are you talking about 1v1 or 2v2?
Both.
Zues is slow, overcommital, and the thing that made him top tier (being roll cancelling) is gone. He has some really bad MUs now, and if you are smart enough to just dodge roll and punish he isn't threatening.

Drake has his gun loop, his grenades are better, and all in all he is still incredibly solid on top of his already versatile kit. He can zone, he can fight up close, and his supers are actually pretty decent since he has a level 1 confirm.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Both.
Zues is slow, overcommital, and the thing that made him top tier (being roll cancelling) is gone. He has some really bad MUs now, and if you are smart enough to just dodge roll and punish he isn't threatening.

Drake has his gun loop, his grenades are better, and all in all he is still incredibly solid on top of his already versatile kit. He can zone, he can fight up close, and his supers are actually pretty decent since he has a level 1 confirm.
You just mentioned 1v1.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I don't play the game competitively but I do have it and would also be interested in learning the metagame.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So I'm guessing 1v1 and 2v2 have different playstyles huh?

I've just been doing FFA lol.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
So I'm guessing 1v1 and 2v2 have different playstyles huh?

I've just been doing FFA lol.
imo 2v2 should be the standard.

It's more interesting and fits the mechanics of the game.

Having one person be the point character and other assist or other varieties breaks the "Ghetto Smash Bros 1v1" thing that most of the guys from the PSASBR boards seem to enjoy playing (If you ever played League of Legends it's pretty much like playing 1v1 on there)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
-Which level is more viable when it comes to supers? 1/2/3?
Depends on the character
-Is the game balanced?
No
-Tiers?
No
-Current Metagame?
No one plays it
-Is it still played in tournaments?
No
-Best way to build AP?
Playing a character that buils AP
-Zone heavy or no?
No
Game was garbage juice.

RIP in pieces Radec, never allowed to live.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Damn, no one tagged me in this? I know I beat several of the people talking trash in here with my Big Daddy (And broke as fuck GC) :joker:

That said the game got more and more broken with each subsequent patch. Now I feel it's borderline unplayable.

That said there is a PSAS group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/464374013599209/

I know they're all fairly competitive.

I'll try to be gentle.

My PSN is Derplorddewgong, add me and bite the pillow.
You mean that wall loop that was essentially useless due to the fact the netcode made it near impossible to land consistently?

*sigh* Our sets may have gone differently if this game was played offline/you could actually use that against me.

Also out of curiosity, did the last patch break this thanks to the new throw mechanics?

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
@xKhaoTik I've been dicking around with this game too since it's free. Add me PSN: Saboteur-6 and body my fraudelent Nariko. From what I've gathered, Nariko's lvl 1 Super is ass in (1v1) but really shines in FFA / Team.

Also, there's still an active community at the official PS forums: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/bd-p/24861 with this thread in particular being aimed at new players (they still do online tourneys and stuff).
As well as http://psabr.boards.net/ though it looks less active now.

Last edited:

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
I rembear when this drop. Had since day and been kicking ass with Sweet Tooth every since. I mostly play him and Radec now. Hell since we giving out psn name hit me up at ZStrike15 for some games.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Game was garbage juice.

RIP in pieces Radec, never allowed to live.
Is radec that bad? His lvl3 looks broke lol
@xKhaoTik I've been dicking around with this game too since it's free. Add me PSN: Saboteur-6 and body my fraudelent Nariko. From what I've gathered, Nariko's lvl 1 Super is ass in (1v1) but really shines in FFA / Team.

Also, there's still an active community at the official PS forums: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/bd-p/24861 with this thread in particular being aimed at new players (they still do online tourneys and stuff).
As well as http://psabr.boards.net/ though it looks less active now.
Yea the only time I use her lvl 1 is in FFA. I have yet to try teams tho. Her lvl2 is what I use most

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Is radec that bad? His lvl3 looks broke lol

Yea the only time I use her lvl 1 is in FFA. I have yet to try teams tho. Her lvl2 is what I use most
Yeah I tried some Oki setups off her D1 (her only hard knockdown) into Lvl 1 Super but it's just not practical. Technically there's some frames in there where you can catch wake-up rolls but its super tight. What are you using as her BnB's? She gets a lot off of Aerial combos so she's super swag.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You mean that wall loop that was essentially useless due to the fact the netcode made it near impossible to land consistently?

*sigh* Our sets may have gone differently if this game was played offline/you could actually use that against me.

Also out of curiosity, did the last patch break this thanks to the new throw mechanics?
Nope. Netcode improvements made it better, and now I can land it on everyone the same.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh I thought "murderous walk" was an attack name lol

I need frame data
Your shoulder charge is a 7 frame move with a decent hitbox and stupid levels of priority.
Shotgun is 10 frames from the air, 16 from the ground.
Mine activates the moment it comes out, comes out in about 6 frames from the air, and 14 from the ground.

Those are the only 3 moves you should be using.