What's new

Anyone here play PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
downloaded it, gonna try and play it before destiny comes out
is there a different between the coles seems like a copy and paste with a 1 or 2 different moves.

downloaded it, gonna try and play it before destiny comes out
is there a different between the coles seems like a copy and paste with a 1 or 2 different moves.
Yeah basically a few different moves. I remember hero cole has an upward blast that shoots him really high in the air and evil cole doesn't have that.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea I know, I'm about a year late, but I decided to dabble with it since its free for psn+ users. I've been playing it all week and at first, I thought it was garbage juice, but after going thru the tutorials and such, I grew a liking for the game. I main Nariko at the moment, and use Heihachi and Kratos.

Reason for this thread is the fact that I have no idea what the metagame is, that's if there is one. It seems like people just mash, but I know there's more to that, so I have a few questions.

-Which level is more viable when it comes to supers? 1/2/3?
-Is the game balanced?
-Tiers?
-Current Metagame?
-Is it still played in tournaments?
-Best way to build AP?
-Zone heavy or no?

The game is fun and I really do wanna get into it. To give you an idea of where I'm at with it, I basically zone with Nariko when I get the chance, and get some combos in to build AP, then kill everyone with level 2 or 3 (her level 1 sucks IMO). It would help me out more if I got a better understanding of the game from people who have been playing it for a while, and also playing with these people as well.
Heres basically the summary to your questions since I'm done being doombark.

- Depends, but generally level 2s are the best for a lot of characters.
- Somewhat. Some characters are obviously better, but the balance is kinda better than injustice if we are being honest.
- Raiden, Drake, and GC are generally considered the best, followed by sackboy and a few others. Sly is pretty low tier in 1v1, but super high tier in 2v2. Sir Daniel is kinda booty.
- Build meter, do confirms, fuck bitches.
- Not really, I'm sure theres a cult following.
- Combo bursts. Do more than 100 AP's worth in a combo and you get an extra 30 on top of whatever you woulda had. So like getting to 95 and doing a 30 AP move will give you 155 instead of 125.
- Not necessarily, but some characters can do it. Radec is an example.

I play it sparingly and casually. Kernal Radec is my homeboy, followed by Kratos. I also like Raiden because I played Metal Gear Rising.

Good Cole and Evil Cole's primary differences are their circle button attacks, and their supers past level one. For circle button attacks: Hero Cole has ice-based powers, while Beast Cole has fire/oil powers.
Good Cole's level two super summons a forward barrage of ice that reaches towards the end of the platform; Evil Cole has a radial bio-electric leech. Good's level three has him summoning an Ionic Storm on the stage; Evil gets heavily beefed up in his level 3 for a period of time.

There are also small changes to other attacks that are derived from Cole's Good/Evil power differences in the inFAMOUS series.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Whats disc benefits? If its on here, I haven't used it yet I don't think.
If you put the disc in, right under there is a thing that says "Disc Benefits" basically it unlocks the Vita version to your account.

What I want to do is that I would give my credentials to someone trustworthy and let them redeem it for me so I can DL it on my vita. Then I can play with any ps3 user

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you put the disc in, right under there is a thing that says "Disc Benefits" basically it unlocks the Vita version to your account.

What I want to do is that I would give my credentials to someone trustworthy and let them redeem it for me so I can DL it on my vita. Then I can play with any ps3 user
Oh. Well I'm a Bane player so I'm trustworthy.
Plus I mean I actually have the disc, I didn't just DL it for free like a fucking plebian peasant.