What's new

Anti- Zoners in MKX?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The jury is still out on that one though. we've seen evidence this may not be the case as when Tyler used Commando it looked liked a blocking Mileena got hit with a normal command grab.

Also something to note his Erron has some strong lows that you're going to need to crouch to block further stoping forward movement, Otherwise he's just going to knock you off the ground and blast you away. or at least that seems to be the intent
Where? I saw him land a MB Command Grab which has been said that it is unblockable and a regular grab, but I saw the Command Grab only whif.

Yea he looks like he has some good lows. That's one of the things he has going in his favor.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yea he looks like he has some good lows. That's one of the things he has going in his favor.
Not to piss on anyone's parade, but since it's kind of obvious... Not much of an achievement unless there are good things that beat low block, OH or not. Especially since stuff that hits low often have rather low hitbox making character more free to jumping and such.

Especially considering we only know about tackle that can maaaaybe do the job. Which is, being a grab (with or without quotes - remains to be seen), is probably not an option against airborne moves too.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not to piss on anyone's parade, but since it's kind of obvious... Not much of an achievement unless there are good things that beat low block, OH or not. Especially since stuff that hits low often have rather low hitbox making character more free to jumping and such.

Especially considering we only know about tackle that can maaaaybe do the job. Which is, being a grab (with or without quotes - remains to be seen), is probably not an option against airborne moves too.
Yup, I agree. My hype dwindled considerably for him. Compared to a lot of other cast members, I'm not seeing him.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Where? I saw him land a MB Command Grab which has been said that it is unblockable and a regular grab, but I saw the Command Grab only whif.

It was the last move of the first round. he knocks her down with a parry and as soon as she got up Derek blocks and eats a command throw

NHDR

Noob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=268&v=0FUkWOzD_BY

Around 4 minutes in. The combat designer made the game like "Sock 'Em Robots" so that players trade hits until one goes down. Very rare to see a player run away with a match. I think that all but confirms there won't be insane zoning ala MK9. I doubt we'll be seeing Kabal or Freddy-ish zoning in this one.

NHDR

Noob
Based on what I saw he looks like a solid zoner. Am I wrong when I say that he doesn't have any long-range or full-screen zoning options?

NHDR

Noob
Oh, great. Looks like its going to be a toss up for me between Kenshi (balanced) and Erron Black (gunslinger).