What's new

Anti- Zoners in MKX?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
There's way too much anti-zoning as it is. What are you talking about OP??

-Raiden Displacer.
-Takeda all over the screen.
-Takeda LightSaber reflects.
-Kitana Reflects now for some reason.
-Mileena teleports now for some reason.
-Reports about projectiles being slower/more punishable than ever.
-Reptile with a slow mo trait recharging every 3 seconds.
-Kotal Kahn creating sunlight to stand in while he regains health during your zoning.
-The run button.
-etc etc etc.

That's just off of the top of my head. The real question is, "where's the zoning"?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
There's way too much anti-zoning as it is. What are you talking about OP??

-Raiden Displacer.
-Takeda all over the screen.
-Takeda LightSaber reflects.
-Kitana Reflects now for some reason.
-Mileena teleports now for some reason.
-Reports about projectiles being slower/more punishable than ever.
-Reptile with a slow mo trait recharging every 3 seconds.
-Kotal Kahn creating sunlight to stand in while he regains health during your zoning.
-The run button.
-etc etc etc.

That's just off of the top of my head. The real question is, "where's the zoning"?
kenshi , shinnok ,kano,potentially predator ;>

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
There's plenty of offensive options in this game as is. Half the cast has potentially crazy oki, reflects everywhere, half the cast has a grappler variation+ tons of mobility options via teleports, divekicks etc.

I mean you should never have a character that is built for anti-anything anyway and shit on a specific playstyle because it creates boring,lopsided, binary matchups.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
kenshi , shinnok ,kano,potentially predator ;>
-This is MKX, not MK9. No way to know how good Kenshi will be or what the early looks of his zoning will be. But I agree, he'll be a zoner, just waiting to see if it appears as powerful.

-No way to know what Shinnok will do or if they change him up.

-Kano, who has been reported by a couple of people who played the game that his zoning isn't all that, especially in his "zoning variation".

-No way to know how Predator will play.

Meanwhile, read my post. From what we've seen and heard so far there's nothing to indicate that zoning will be strong. Only thing zoners have so far is "I hope we'll be able too".

Also, you have DD in your avatar. I now understand why you said what you said. :DOGE

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I love the title of this thread because my boy Reptile fits the zoning, rushdown, or anti-zoning builds depending on how you want to play him. Good question OP.

Reptile 4 Life :joker:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
At this point it seems like there won't be "zoning" as much as just using the occasional ranged attack to threaten your opponent and control space. I doubt many high-level matches will be won with game plans based around ranged attacks. Between run, teleports, parries, buttloads of armor, and other shenanigans, I think the essence of zoning as we know it will be dead in MKX.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I haven't seen characters that are looking to be extremely strong zoners to begin with. Kitana's Storm variation and Mileena's piercing variation are the only two for me that really look like they can strongly zone out people. But really all characters have at least one variation, so far, that can deal with the zoning characters.

Like what has been said previously, MKX is going to be a huge footsi game imao.