What's new

Anime discussion thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Episode 5 of watamote today, this one was weird lol.

I LMAO'd the whole time.

Also, I feel like I'm developing a certain attachment to Survival and/or Video Game type animes. Fate/ , Rozen Maiden , Mirai Nikki , Accel World , Btooom! , Sword Art Online are amazing! I want to watch more of these lol.

Id recommend the Gantz manga then, it can get a bit much at times but its a good read. The anime was ok but it has a lot of issues and the ending was made before the manga finished.

I've mostly watched Anime movies. 90% of Anime I don't really get into, but there have been some that are really awesome. I'm not one of those people who love anything that is Anime; at the same time, I'm not someone who is prejudiced against something just because it is Anime either.

My favorites are Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D (1 & 2). Fist of the North Star the movie was cool. Ghost in the Shell was pretty cool. Record of the Lodoss War was cool, kind of a mini-series I guess. Not a lot of great Dungeons and Dragons style fantasy out there that is any good, live-action or otherwise, so Record of the Lodoss War was great for that. Hellsing was really cool, also a mini-series, one of the coolest vampire things I've seen, live-action or otherwise. I loved the original Robotech show as a kid and it still holds up for me, particularly the Macross Saga, although you have to put up with Minmei songs. Blood was a cool movie. I don't know if it would properly be considered Anime, but the CGI movie of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is fantastic. [Note: NOT the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, that was mediocre, I mean Advent Children]. If you haven't played FFVII there is a 10 minute recap on the disc. Wicked City was okay. Bleach didn't hold my attention. I think Akira is vastly overrated. Cowboy Bebop I could only appreciate when I was hungover. Death Note was interesting, but not really a typical Anime.

I've been in the mood to watch some Anime lately, so I am thinking of picking up a series to watch. I generally like ninjas, vampires, androids, gunfights, and stuff like that. Anime with giggling girls, kids in high school, and crap like that I can pass on. Current contenders are Basilisk, Darker than Black, or Full Metal Alchemist. FMA has a lot of episodes, but I've heard good things.

Yeah the claymore anime ended right when the series starts to get really good. You owe it to youserlf to read the manga if you enjoyed the anime.

I am guilty of watching Love Lab... I love that show. Guilty pleasure. I don't really watch anime apart from Lupin III.

Really? I'm not a manga fan either but I'd consider it since I liked the anime.

EDIT: Is this a comprehensive list of the series? Also, where does the anime end in the list?
I dont know the exact chapter where the anime ends, but after the big fight at the end of the anime is where the anime and manga start to differ. If you find that chapter when the fight begins you can pick up the manga right there and be good.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
iKritikal Lol I just realized Btooom! is a 12 episoder. Dafuq lol. I'm already at Ep 9. How they gonna fit the rest in 4 episdes? I guess I'll suffer another case of GetBackers where I have to finish the rest in the manga lol.

iKritikal Lol I just realized Btooom! is a 12 episoder. Dafuq lol. I'm already at Ep 9. How they gonna fit the rest in 4 episdes? I guess I'll suffer another case of GetBackers where I have to finish the rest in the manga lol.
Its just the first season. It end right when the story get really good. You'll have to read the Manga but its only like 6 chapters ahead of where the anime ends.

Loving Attack on Titan. I was expecting it to get stale, but they always manage to throw in something unexpected to keep me interested. Favorite anime at the moment.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Its just the first season. It end right when the story get really good. You'll have to read the Manga but its only like 6 chapters ahead of where the anime ends.

Also, I'm not talking out of my Fate/ Zero bias but if you like Ryouta, you're gonna love the Kiritsugu (The MC of Fate/ Zero) 'cause they're a lot similar. Especially the parts where they both go insane at times.

Speaking of which, I for some reason love MCs that go insane. Not like Naruto where he rages 'cause power of friendship but actually going bat-shit crazy. Which makes Light one of my fav MCs in anime.

Loving Attack on Titan. I was expecting it to get stale, but they always manage to throw in something unexpected to keep me interested. Favorite anime at the moment.
I know right. Im waiting for a moment when I can stop watching and wait for it to finish airing but every episode makes me have to watch the next one.

Also, I'm not talking out of my Fate/ Zero bias but if you like Ryouta, you're gonna love the Kiritsugu (The MC of Fate/ Zero) 'cause they're a lot similar. Especially the parts where they both go insane at times.

Speaking of which, I for some reason love MCs that go insane. Not like Naruto where he rages 'cause power of friendship but actually going bat-shit crazy. Which makes Light one of my fav MCs in anime.
I just noticed you haven't seen Code Geass. WTF are you doing it is a must see. Lelouch and Light are definitely cut from the same cloth.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I just noticed you haven't seen Code Geass. WTF are you doing it is a must see. Lelouch and Light are definitely cut from the same cloth.

For some reason I tend to stay away from well-known anime to give the others a chance. I'll defo check it out. Thanks for the rec.

EDIT: Also accept my FR on MAL you dick. :p

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Anybody watching Dangan Ronpa?

Friend forced me to watch ep 1. I'll defo check out the rest afterwards. Only reason I'll do so is 'cause one of my fav VAs plays a role in it. And for some reason all chars he plays are exactly the same: They're cool and badass but dies in the end :(

I won't tell you who it is to avoid spoilers and I'm sure he's not dead yet in this series. But he will...he always does...

haketh

Noob
Anybody watching Dangan Ronpa?
Not watching it ebcause I'm playing the PSP game. The anime is a direct adaptation which has it's pros and cons.

Been reading the World God Only Knows manga pretty hardcore lately, shit is hella good and funny.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Rozen Maiden (2013) is killing its own potential :( It's half-way through the Season and the story barely progressed. I thought it'd pick up the pace after Ep 4 and 5 but 6 slows down again. Fingers crossed for the next half. Or a Season 2 which would be waay to early to ask at the moment. sigh.