What's new

Anime discussion thread

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I've only very recently started watching anime always thought it was dumb besides Dbz. But in March I watched Samurai 7 on Netflix and thought it was great then I started watching quite a few more. Watched Samurai Champloo, Desert Punk, Cowboy Bepop, Avatar the Last Airbender (not anime but it might as well be) and last week I watched the entirety of Death Note in one night with only an hour break to hit the gym. Really wished I got into this stuff sooner.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I've only very recently started watching anime always thought it was dumb besides Dbz. But in March I watched Samurai 7 on Netflix and thought it was great then I started watching quite a few more. Watched Samurai Champloo, Desert Punk, Cowboy Bepop, Avatar the Last Airbender (not anime but it might as well be) and last week I watched the entirety of Death Note in one night with only an hour break to hit the gym. Really wished I got into this stuff sooner.

Same, I used to only read the Naruto manga 'till months ago when I discovered a sub-genre that not only did I think would not exist, but also very popular. If you like Death Note I recommend you either Psycho-Pass or Mirai Nikki. You're in for a big mindfucking if you watch these.

Watched watamote episode 3 last night, Loved the manga and im loving the anime even more.

Is WataMote really that good? Been hesitant to check it out.

And I recently checked out Dog and Scissors today. It's somewhat entertaining though I'm only 2 episodes in.

Jaku2011

This might sound bad but do they have an English dub? I like being able to actually watch the show having to read subtitles is annoying to me.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This might sound bad but do they have an English dub? I like being able to actually watch the show having to read subtitles is annoying to me.

Dub is only bad when 4kids does it. But some anime are actually well Dubbed. Fate/ Zero and Black Butler are one of the best Dubbed animes. As for your question, Psycho-Pass unfortunately isn't dubbed but I think Mirai Nikki is. Just Google Mirai Nikki Dubbed or The Future Diary.

Jaku2011

Aww too bad Psycho Pass has a cooler title lol. I believe I saw Black Butler on Netflix so I might just check that one out next. I'll look into Mirai Nikki as well thanks for the suggestions. I do like me some mindfucking.

Jaku2011

So I watched some of that black butler and Uhh ya naked werewolf guy was a bit much for me lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So I watched some of that black butler and Uhh ya naked werewolf guy was a bit much for me lol.

Yea some parts of it are pretty gay. Like plus, Season 2 starts off with something REALLY gay. After watching the whole thing though, IDK I think it was pretty good.

Fourth episode of watamote out, never laughed so hard in my life. Took my favorite chapters from the manga and put them all in one episode.

OMG dude the molesting part LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

haketh

Noob
Black Butler has alot of really gay moments because it's primarily marketed towards the Fujoshi *Female Otaku* crowd, especailyl Season 2. I love BL *Boys Love* and stuff like it but I couldn't really stand Black Butler myself.

Gatchaman Crowds is weird as hell and so far not very close to being like Gatchaman but it's pretty entertaining and Hajime is hella cute and fun to watch. ServicexServant is pretty good also, hilarious.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
So am I the only one into Romance/Slice of Life? How about Ecchi/Harem?

Toradora
Kanon
Clannad
Zero No Tsukaima/Familiar of Zero

To Love-Aru
Vampire+Vampire
Freezing

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
You might enjoy:
Freezing
Highschool DxD
To Love-Aru

I tried watching Girls Bravo, but my younger siblings would always pester me at the wrong time. Wrong place, wrong time. Never got too far into it. ;_;

Clannad: After Story doe
yeah lol it's not a really kids friendly show, i'll check for those, thanks =)