What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I don't know why people keep saying, "Top MK players weren't there".

It's two completely different games. It doesn't matter if you played Slime Volleyball competitively before this, it's open season and fair game.

A good FG player is a good FG player. Some will have an easier time playing this game than others even if they were a big part of the MK scene.

Stop degrading ChrisG's win because a few other players weren't there. This was just as hard to win as any other Injustice tourney. Great players all around and anybody in the Top 32 could have taken it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If there's anyone that's interested in giving people props rather than trying to discredit guys who put their money and time down and win against tough competition, I made a thread here: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-ufgt9-props-and-shoutouts-thread.33187/

As far as this thread, I'm done, because this argument is silly in the first place, and there are good players in many different parts of the country.

I love you guys in the East Coast, the West Coast, the Midwest, South, Panhandle, and yes even you too Canada crew.. There's too much talent in all places for people to drag each other down, and everyone has something to contribute.

I hope we can grow beyond this because a lot of people deserve their due respect. If you didn't go, don't hate on the people that did and try to ruin their fun. We are better than that (I hope).

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
What matter's more is recent results aka today.

If you want to cite ECT from the other week, people may have already learned some new information on their match ups and refined their gameplay this week.

You can argue all you want, but the most recent Injustice top 8 is right there.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Yeah for sure, when there's a new major tournament on Monday.

Hold those L's to your chest, folks.

Props to Chris G for winning injustice, also good stuff to players like WoundCowboy, GodSpeed, Slips, Aurturo and ForeverKing with the awesome Raven/Batman play.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Hell yeah, props to Chris G showing everyone that Grreen Arrow is no joke. :cool:

With that said, I'm afraid that Green Arrow is going to be a target now by NRS. Really hope Green Arrow doesn't get nerfed next patch.

UserJuke

Noob
Hell yeah, props to Chris G showing everyone that Grreen Arrow is no joke. :cool:

With that said, I'm afraid that Green Arrow is going to be a target now by NRS. Really hope Green Arrow doesn't get nerfed next patch.
Oh man, dont tempt them... I dont even know what they could nerf and keep him on the same level as the rest of the cast.. Besides, chris g is the only Green Arrow I see blowing people up in tournaments, just player skill>character right now.

Tim Static

Adminerator
actually a lot of attendees are just as upset they had to wake up so early to play, because divekick and mystery games are more important
The mystery game tourney that Keits does is one of the best things you'll ever experience at a tourney. While I agree that it shouldn't take the spotlight off current games, especially something big like IGAU, people really don't get the reasons why things like this happen. Its far beyond the game, and i'll leave it at that.

Congratulations Chris this only proves that your great at fighting games in general not just UMvC3. I'm not going to lie I was secretly rooting for him because its good to see players that are well known for playing other fighting games playing Injustice. It's good for the community because it shows that Injustice is such a great game that top players from other communities are interested in it.

Great job Chris way to show how other characters like Green Arrow can be beastly in the right hands. On a side note I'm glad Alucard didn't win ;).

Drake7

Noob
Unfair, huh?? I guess they forgot NRS bought their way into the EVO 2013 line up. After it tanked in the Breast Cancer donations and lost to Smash. If they really wanted to get it in there they would've. Now the game is given an opportunity and UFGT9 had to fit the game into it's schedule and they did. That's great.
I agree with most of what you said but this. Using the Breast Cancer donations as a reason is dumb only because outside of what, a few testers, no one had even PLAYED Injustice. So how exactly are you gonna garner support for a game that's no one played for that Breast Cancer donation. Everytime I see someone try to use that donation drive as a way to trash Injustice, I simply shake my head.