What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Character variety out the ass on this one. Great tourny.

1. Chris G: Green Arrow.
2. Wound Cowboy: Sinestro
3. Arturo Sanchez: Green Lantern
4. Slips: Deathstroke
5. Godspeed: Black Adam.
5. Forever King: Batman/Black Adam/ Raven
7. Alucard: Ares
7. Dizzy: Aquaman
Wait, no Superman? I thought he was beyond broken and was god mode easy? Not a single one in top 10. And DS still sucks right? This game is ONLY ruled by Superman/BA is the battle cry of almost everybody. This diversity is nothing short of beautiful

Oh TYM. You kids crack me up. Remember guys, this game is NOT balanced.

haketh

Noob
Dude was a hella legit Ibuki player back in the 3S days. Dudes forget how Chris "Fire Mage" Jesus has been around.

Uotan

Unban Joker
Yea Green Arrow won the tournament. I'm sure the player playing the character had nothing to do with it.
Why don't you quote the rest of the post where I specifically gave props to Chris G? Of course the player had something to do with it - it's just another reason why making definitive proclamations about where characters stand on a tier list a month after release is silly.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Green Arrow is a decent character. Chris G is an amazing player, but most of all they players were unfamiliar with Green Arrow. Chris G is utilizing GA quite nicely, but he is doing a lot of stuff that people just aren't catching on to. Getting away with a lot of punishable arrow loads on predictable times, landing super resets that are easy to escape left and right. Doing set ups in to oki pressure that is no where near meaty and getting away with it:p

I am just a little sad that people will see GA as this amazing character now, when it's the combination of Chris G's fundamentals and the unfamiliarity of the opponents that let's him win this major.

Point is Chris G din't win ECT when most of the best MK players were there. He was top of course like he usually is but the level of competition at ECT was ridiculous.

um... no both events were loaded. 5 of the 2012 evo mk top 8 were there along with countless other players who have consistent top 8 in majors

Benzo

Vic Stone
Let me clarify. He only won because a well known MK player that has won tournaments wasn't there.

haketh

Noob
Let me clarify. He only won because a well known MK player that has won tournaments wasn't there.
You mean a ton of the people there? And the way Chris was playing he probably could have beat REO. SMH niggas always looking to discredit wins.