What's new

General/Other - Kano After the patch/hotfix: Here's my opinion on Kano

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Honestly I think ct is 100 times better than it was before. I'd rather take safe moves and make decent combos rather than have beefy huge combos that are stupid fucking risky

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I know what you mean. I could never have had success in Tekken using Asuka instead of Bryan, just can't happen. Maybe others, but not me. Not sure if I'd say Kano fit this bill. I have a ton to say but don't want to derail the thread lol.

Variation-wise, post patch which one would you say is the best? Prepatch I thought Cutthroat, but now I'm inclined to think Cyber is the better overall variation for competitive purposes.
I think Kano is one of the few characters that have a versatile trio of variations that. Cybernetic might lose to someone, but in that MU Commando or Cut Throat would do better.

I don't think that 'X variation is best for tournaments' because Kano doesn't have to play with just one. He is one of the few characters where he as a combination of variations is better than just one alpha variation.

Last edited:

KH Royale

The truth is out..
i think cutthroat is definitely better however i dont like how meter dependant it is and also the amount of health you lose for using the ex power up.... just not my style, most likely will stick to cybernetic. Neutral game too good

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
The scales of balance will continue to change back and forth as the patches continue. I'm just gonna keep playing cutthroat gents. Not worried about a thing because honestly there isn't much you can do except just learn to adapt.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
The scales of balance will continue to change back and forth as the patches continue. I'm just gonna keep playing cutthroat gents. Not worried about a thing because honestly there isn't much you can do except just learn to adapt.

EDIT: unless you're Kung Lao and be forever broken. Fuck Kung Lao

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Can we play Coach Steve? My Kitana still needs that MU knowledge, mainly cyber seeing as with up ball and up paser she may have a reason not to stay in the air. I look forward to it.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I think Kano is one of the few characters that have a versatile trio of variations that. Cybernetic might lose to someone, but in that MU Commando is Cut Throat would do better.

I don't think that 'X variation is best for tournaments' because Kano doesn't have to play with just one. He is one of the few characters where he as a combination of variations is better than just one alpha variation.
I completely agree. Kanos variations compliment each so well they can cover some bad MU by switching variations. He is a prime example of how variations should work

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
@MrInsaynne you know something we both forgot? The stealth buff to Slice and EX Slice in Cutt. It being -8 on block now adds a lot more utility to how we can use the move, and makes it much better in the neutral as a long range poke with +12 on hit, safer to trip guard with EX Slice into combo, and against certain characters safe enough to use as a string ender or toss out on block to bait follow up attacks into us doing an armored reversal combo.

You know how I feel about the EX Buff change, but Slice and EX Slice is significantly better now all around.
This.. Slice is important. VERY IMPORTANT NOW. Slice ender on hit while in the corner promises a 50/50 on most of the cast. I've tested this and this stealth buff was intended for our overhead or low mix up into meterless death.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Yeah come to think of it that's been pretty effective and what I've been doing it. Slice then immediately follow up with an overhead or low in the corner

ando1184

Noob
@MrInsaynne, I didn't see anything mentioned about the DoT and loss of armor on ex buff from the OP (even though you wrote patch and hotfix). What's your thoughts on those? Honestly, I think those two changes really contradict how he's supposed to be played day 1 patch. Your thoughts bud?

Last edited:

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Yeah come to think of it that's been pretty effective and what I've been doing it. Slice then immediately follow up with an overhead or low in the corner
I've tested this. Best to use when our opponent has no meter really, but the slice sort of conditions the opponent into already expecting an ex slice lol. They think they're still being combo'd regardless if they know what's happening. It keeps our opponent on edge and we can fetch out an Armor challenge and still kill either way. I can finish a match with two combos still.. Just gotta focus on carrying into the corner which this character does best.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
@MrInsaynne, I didn't see anything mentioned about the DoT and loss of armor on ex buff from the OP (even though you wrote patch and hotfix). What's your thoughts on those? Honestly, I think those two changes really contradict how he's supposed to be played day 1 patch. Your thoughts bud?
Can we stop saying that EX buff doesn't have armor? because every time it's been brought up went to the lab and tested it on flameport, and as far as memory takes me IT ARMORED. I just did it as well. if I had my thumbdrive I'd upload it

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Can we stop saying that EX buff doesn't have armor? because every time it's been brought up went to the lab and tested it on flameport, and as far as memory takes me IT ARMORED. I just did it as well. if I had my thumbdrive I'd upload it
Some people have gotten it, lost it and gotten it again and vice versa. We'll just have to wait and see how it's supposed to be.

ando1184

Noob
Well I don't have the hotfix yet but from what I've heard from some people that do, it lost it's armor???? But like @Derptile said, I guess we have to just all wait and see

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well I don't have the hotfix yet but from what I've heard from some people that do, it lost it's armor???? But like @Derptile said, I guess we have to just all wait and see
My armor came back on last night lol. Seems like the window is smaller now though, Iike not sure what the data says but feels like there's only about two active frames at best now or something.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
So, the armor is super short, DOT, less dmg, ExBuff is only viable to end rounds if you stuff WU or something and do a killing combo if you have at least 20% of life? Or someone found out another use for it? :)

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
So, the armor is super short, DOT, less dmg, ExBuff is only viable to end rounds if you stuff WU or something and do a killing combo if you have at least 20% of life? Or someone found out another use for it? :)
That about covers it

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I think it still has a use in 112 punishing combo establish that you will punish hard at the beginning of round to get the life lead and clutch points for killing before DOT kills you :cool:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
And still has its uses in corner but depends on your life obviously but really you can do close to sane damage using exdb1 which is kinda lame