What's new

Question - Summoner A suggestion to balancing Summoner

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
This sounds like buffs lol. Meterless bat could still be used to make the more damaging vortex options safe
Exactly, the standard 50/50 edition of the vortex will still be useable, but having to use bar for the "hard to blockable" will make it a rare occurrence, and prevent total snowballs in the last round when you have 3 bars for back to back "hard to blockables". I like it.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
has cheap winning tactics, that's all

his whole game in Summoner revolves around having a bat out, when to have the bat out, and what to do with the bat ... and folks would say Sub hides behind clone. Summoner took the 'hiding' to a whole new level with puggles.

Sorry i used Quan Chi against you in the tournament :cool:

they better leave the character alone unless they nerf some of the ridiculous offense in this game.

why are people crying for the best zoning character in the game to get nerfed while completely ignoring the real issue in this game.

Man I just don't see why people the so hard about Quan. I understand the pseudo yeah it's hard as fuck but dang man Quan isn't wrecking tournaments and shit. You have characters like HQT blowing through winners and Tremor who literally may not even have a punishable string when used right. Respect to those who are making them so OP of course but maaan I'm so glad Quan isn't getting nerfed cause if it was up to nose he'd have that 6f d1 and that's all.

This sounds like buffs lol. Meterless bat could still be used to make the more damaging vortex options safe
This more damaging vortex will no longer be that dangerous with a normal bat without using a bar because of the scaling my OP suggesst to apply to it's non-Ex version. But yes, normal bat will be used mostly to make the usual 50/50 after the trance safe and in zoning, just doing less damage.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Reasonable nerf?
- bat cannot be summoned during trance
- bat have longer cool down

He remains extremely good but more fair, I think...

I cant believe you had the balls to tag me in a nerf quan thread.
I don't want him to be nerfed. But trading his huge damage (which will be scaled eventually anyways) and the meterless pseudo-unblockable which worries everybody for some more options in defense I think will balance him a bit over all. I am afraid after all this whining NRS might do much worse(
Do you find my suggestions reasonable? If you say he should only get buffed I totally agree))))))

Id rather them just scale the stupid damage he gets off the bat the "unblockable" isn't hard to block at all i mean like no one gets hit by that in a tourney ever its only used online by idiots who picked him up for that , id say just tone down his damage and dont remove the "unblockable" unless its a universal nerf to the other characters with "unblockables" also dont overnerf his damage pls

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
The type of character Quan is makes it hard to keep fair. He has earthshaker vortexs.

Honestly even if he is or isn't fair he's a character style that IN MY OPINION shouldn't exist.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't want him to be nerfed. But trading his huge damage (which will be scaled eventually anyways) and the meterless pseudo-unblockable which worries everybody for some more options in defense I think will balance him a bit over all. I am afraid after all this whining NRS might do much worse(
Do you find my suggestions reasonable? If you say he should only get buffed I totally agree))))))
He shouldnt get given better defensive options if in a hypothetical situation his unblockable goes.
Thats not balancing IMO.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I had a better read of this and just realised how ridiculous this could be. This isn't like an armoured wake up, almost all but like 2 of which are punishable on wake up in the corner. No, It's a risk free pressure escape. If used well it could completely alleviate this characters only weakness lol, one which isn't quite cutting it to begin with, leaving him with a 6f poke, an amazing NjP, and one of the absolute best wake ups in the game. I'm sorry, but I have to change my stance on this personally, as this would just make the character next level ridiculous. I appreciate the thought you put in, but it's most likely a buff not a nerf, he does need non-ex bat to hit low anyway. The pseudo is something that shouldn't be in the game by rights from design perspective, and it's something that QC a player's claim they never use anyway - so it's not something that you get to just trade off for an EX-Bat LOL.

Quan Chi players need to bite the bullet, and accept that their character is pretty ridiculous at the moment, and balancing doesn't mean getting a buff to something to alleviate the loss something else. As F0xy said, that's not balancing at all and this thread has either had a poor amount of thought put into it like I originally did when I agreed with it, or it's just a cleverly disguised buff Quan thread. The pseudo-unblockable (that once again, you all claim you NEVER use) needed to go before the latest patch and his unnecessary buffs. To balance this character, he needs some things just plain taken away, to offset the fact he had things just plain GIVEN to him entirely unnecessary in the latest patch.

Last edited:
I had a better read of this and just realised how ridiculous this could be. This isn't like an armoured wake up, almost all but like 2 of which are punishable on wake up in the corner. No, It's a risk free pressure escape. If used well it could completely alleviate this characters only weakness lol, one which isn't quite cutting it to begin with, leaving him with a 6f poke, an amazing NjP, and one of the absolute best wake ups in the game. I'm sorry, but I have to change my stance on this personally. I appreciate the thought you put in, but it's most likely a buff not a nerf, he does need non-ex bat to hit low anyway. The pseudo is something that shouldn't be in the game by rights from design perspective, and it's something that QC a player's claim they never use anyway - so it's not something that you get to just trade off for an EX-Bat LOL.

Quan Chi players need to bite the bullet, and accept that their character is pretty ridiculous at the moment, and balancing doesn't mean getting a buff to something to alleviate the loss something else. As F0xy said, that's not balancing at all and this thread has either had a poor amount of thought put into it like I originally did when I agreed with it, or it's just a cleverly disguised buff Quan thread. The pseudo-unblockable (that once again, you all claim you NEVER use) needed to go before the latest patch and his unnecessary buffs. To balance this character, he needs some things just plain taken away, to offset the fact he had things just plain GIVEN to him entirely unnecessary in the latest patch.
Hmmm i wouldn't mind if they make his d1 7 or 8 frames and his delayed b2 to be unsafe aslong as he keeps all the cool shit he has im fine lol also we both know that his gonna get a damage scale nerf so yh bit of dmg scaling too but dont make it raiden tier where he does 10% less damage , he needs it :DOGE

I had a better read of this and just realised how ridiculous this could be. This isn't like an armoured wake up, almost all but like 2 of which are punishable on wake up in the corner. No, It's a risk free pressure escape. If used well it could completely alleviate this characters only weakness lol, one which isn't quite cutting it to begin with, leaving him with a 6f poke, an amazing NjP, and one of the absolute best wake ups in the game. I'm sorry, but I have to change my stance on this personally, as this would just make the character next level ridiculous. I appreciate the thought you put in, but it's most likely a buff not a nerf, he does need non-ex bat to hit low anyway. The pseudo is something that shouldn't be in the game by rights from design perspective, and it's something that QC a player's claim they never use anyway - so it's not something that you get to just trade off for an EX-Bat LOL.

I knew it would come to that) was expecting this to be your initial reaction though. We will have to agree to disagree than. Because I don't consider pseudo-unblockable a Quan exclusive problem. It is universal. Several characters can create this situation and at least three others who can (Cassie, D 'vorah, Predator) are in top 5 just like Quan. So this problem needs to be addressed universally, because other characters who can create such set ups have a lot more defensive options than Quan does.
Now if we scale Quan's damage as I have suggested he now will need more resources and more opportunities to touch his opponent in order to kill him. This, in the context of him being a glass canon, will have some serious consequences for him. Lacking defensive options Quan will give his opponents more opportunities to lock him down with pressure. This will definitely be a nerf and this concept of him being a glass canon (shattering at pressure but hitting hard if given an opportunity) will be thrown out of the window. And if that is the case I consider it to be fair for him to receive some defensive options.
This is just my opinion though. You don't have to agree. You can still call me a downplayer. But I do agree he is top 5 for sure now. What I don't want to accept though is all this nerf demands around Quan while there are just as broken characters in the game right now. And they don't even have a particular weakness to be exploited like Quan does. I am not saying Quan's weaknesses advocate his broken offense, all I am saying is he has some obvious weaknesses. And other characters in top 5 really don't.