What's new

Question - Summoner A suggestion to balancing Summoner

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Maybe the posters, like you, who seem to understand the game think that. There's been so many misinformed people ranting and complaining in the Quan forums though it's crazy.

I agree with you btw, but I'd be pretty bummed if Quan's hard-to-blockables were removed and not everyone else's though, when the unblockable protection should just be upped a few frames.
I dont care either way as I find hard to blockables are lame to begin with. But as I said before, Quan is the only one who forces you to block it from anywhere on the screen and is inescapable(his low bat b2 one, not the njp setups). People are talking about predator but the only time you are forced to block his is when you are in the corner, although even his I say should be toned down.

The rest are just not as big of a deal.

This constant crying about Quan mostly comes from lazy players who refuse to put any time/effort into learning how to defend themselves.

Rude literally just listed several ways to safely and easily escape the setups. God forbid you have to make a read on a character that is essentially a glass cannon.

And if that's too much to ask, how about you simply pocket one of Quan's several counterpicks that are brutal matchups for him (and yes there are several). There is a reason why Quans don't place high in tournaments, and there is a reason why we see godly Quans like Michelangelo switch to secondarys like Alist Cage.

But instead, we will always have this faction of people who would rather beg NRS for nerfs then put any work in whatsoever.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
But it's not. According to TYM, 50/50s that lead into plus on block launchers that grant another 50/50, which after a knockdown lead into another 50/50 are okay.

Erron Black, Cassie Cage, Spec Ops Sonya, Shinnok are all honest characters.

We, The Quan Community, are vile baby flesh peddlers that clearly conspired with Paulo to get buffs to Skull and Bat Spark and B2, despite no one in the forums ever asking for these specific things.

It's all our fault and we should be ashamed of ourselves.
Just pointing out this this is deliberately painting an inaccurate picture as you have a chance to armor through the 50/50 on wake up, or after blocking Sonya's 50/50 during MS.

Don't you dare respond with this being me "targeting" you either. I'm just reading through this thread quietly, that was just something that jumped out at me as being wrong, and I'd quote whoever said it and say exactly what I just did. I'm nervous to do so with you because you always go on some rant how it's some personal issue with you that I DO NOT HAVE, so please don't try to deflect this with that, what you said is just incorrect, I think

Last edited:
I got tired of all those Nerf Quan threads and want to come up with "normalisations" that will make Summoner a more balanced variation over all. I am not saying the changes I am about to suggest are an answer to all the complaints about Summoner's brokenness, but I want to know the opinions of Quan players and others on these. What I was thinking about is this:

What if an EX version of Bat Summon was introduced into the gameplay? It would cost a bar maybe have a little faster start up but what important is it would change the mechanic of how bat works:
- when bat is summoned normally (without using Ex Bat Summon) dL2 or a low bat will hit MID now;
- when bat is summoned normally (without using Ex Bat Summon) all the bat attacks will have increased scaling so you can no longer gain those insane corner combos with that;
- Ex Bat Summon costs a bar of meter grants you a low bat option which actually hits low and the bat attacks scale the same way they do now;
Now this suggestion will probably be the most controversial but here I go:
- Ex Summoned Bat does not go away when Quan is hit, like Sinestro's or Zod's Trait. You still can not use it while blocking and you also can not use it while being in hitstun (so interrupting comboes performed on you isn't possible). But you can use it while being knocked down. It will give Quan options on wake ups. Like going into Ex Bat Summon and even when you get hit at start up the bat still stays there, so when you are knocked down AGAIN and IF the bat hasn't expired while you were comboed you can use it to get your opponent off of you.
Now I ask everyone to think about it, and not just crucify me for this blasphemy) Quan will have to use meter to create pseudo unblockable set ups, to make them or normal 50/50s safe he will have to use another bar for MB Rune. All the 40%+ combos will be only possible with the use of an extra bar spent either on Ex specials or Ex Bat Summon. It will make him more meter dependent, limit his options without it and to compensate for that will give him a much stronger defensive options which will also require a bar of meter used preemptively. Without meter he will still be destroyed in the oki game.

@STB Shujinkydink
@michaelangelo
@WhoIsYams
@FOREVER KING
@PND_Ketchup
@Insuperable
@General M2Dave
@The_Tile
@Rude
@Cabjoy
@All the Quan players and nerf demanders)
I think there should be more hit stun on the F+1-4-2 chain. I also want his b+1 to be 11 frames. :)

Well what I'd say is make his 50/50 less safe. I hate the fact that en ground burst is +14 giving him more option.
So.. I wanna say make en ground burst +8, add a gap between b+2 into special cancels, but make held b+2 plus 4 on block and more start up on njp.
I know he was a jobber in MKX story but does he have be so cheap scope in v.s.?

gibster13

A fan of fans
Well what I'd say is make his 50/50 less safe. I hate the fact that en ground burst is +14 giving him more option.
So.. I wanna say make en ground burst +8, add a gap between b+2 into special cancels, but make held b+2 plus 4 on block and more start up on njp.
I know he was a jobber in MKX story but does he have be so cheap scope in v.s.?
Everything of quan is unsafe with out rune or bat. You can armour b32xxrune and backdash the b2. There are ways around him and I do understand he is extremely good.

Instead of nerfs why don't they make everyone better ?

gibster13

A fan of fans
I know i made a rant about quan even thou I main him but I was salty...

QUAN CHI

To all those who moan about quan, suck it up. The character is fine as he is. Perhaps a damage nerf is all e needs. Come on he loses a lot of matches because of his horrendous defence. Johnny Lao sonya reptile ermac predator erron kitana Jason (jk lol) ronin and loads more reck him because of his defence. THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO. Leave him alone (leave britney alone). Guess right and you have pretty much won.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Guess right and you have pretty much won.
K im not sure thats the right quote to keep him from getting nerfed lol but i agree.

hes a top tier, every game has them. Besides, he got his ass beat and embarrassed in story mode, and was hella low tier in MK9. His time to shine <3

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
The only buff quan should get is to remove hes tele-stomp completely, This move is only there to distract quan players and make them lose unless they completely forget that it even exists.