What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
There's actually a lot of Japanese people in Brazil. Serbian though...
If it keeps the hosts happy, no chance :DOGE

Personally I'm more interested in knowing if being fluent in both parties languages is a requirement for refereeing, I can't picture a Jap speaking Portuguese and Serbian.
I'm sure they all communicate in English. Btw, Croatians speak Croatian, not Serbian. They sound similar, but are not the same (kind of like Italian and Spanish).

As for the game. It was a deserved win for Brazil. Croatia played best when Brazil took the lead. I thought the penalty was bullshit though. 3-1 in the end makes it seem like it was easy, and it was a closer game than that. Overall, I thought the quality of the match was average, but it's understandable for the first match of the World Cup with the nerves and everything. I think we (Croatia) can move on with positive spirits to the next two games despite the loss.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Why were so many players on both teams rolling around on the ground holding their legs even when they just tripped?

You'd think they'd get up, hustle, and not leave their team down a man while they try to get a penalty.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
my Brazil got the win but it was very sloppy and the 3-1 score doesnt really reflect the game although Brazil possed the ball for 65% of the game... Neymar got really banged up today before and during the game... Lets hope he heals well for Game 2

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Well, I'm off to bed as it's past midnight and gotta work tomorrow. A bit sad that Cro lost, but not too sad as it was expected after all.

Tomorrow:
Cameroon vs Mexico (very interesting to me to see how will the other two teams perform that await Cro in the next rounds)
Spain vs Netherlands (BOOOOOOM! Huge game, replay of the 2010 final. The Dutch were so nasty aggressive in that game that I'm def cheering for Spain)
Chile vs Australia (will not watch as it's going to be past midnight here and the match doesn't really excite me)

Cheers!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'ma use my reserved post for upcoming matches and post kick-off times in EST since I'm sure most of us are familiar with doing the math from it accordingly. I'll add group standings when everyone has played at least one match.

@RiBBz22 (or any other moderator who cares about sawker) - Would you mind stickying this until the tournament ends?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
VAI BRASIL!!! o/
3x1, hell yeah.
Even though that penalty was clearly BS, I'm super glad Oscar scored that last goal. No questioning our victory. :cool:

BTW, GOOD LORD, I HATE NEYMAR. F-ing scumbag, he won't pass the ball to anyone, no matter what. We would score WAY more if he realized that there are other 10 players in the team besides him. :mad:

PS: LOL @ all the goals being scored by our team. Marcelo better not f*ck us up next time.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I'ma use my reserved post for upcoming matches and post kick-off times in EST since I'm sure most of us are familiar with doing the math from it accordingly. I'll add group standings when everyone has played at least one match.

@RiBBz22 (or any other moderator who cares about sawker) - Would you mind stickying this until the tournament ends?
Oh sure, why not... Yolo (in the knockout round)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
People are saying the match was fixed. I didn't watch it, so what you guys think who saw it?
The foul for the penalty kick was as bad of a call as you will ever see in a soccer game. I sincerely hope that piece of referee never gets to officiate another game this World Cup.

On the bright side, this game was supposedly watched by 1/3rd of the world's population, putting all other sporting events to shame.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lol for a second I thought you said Spain vs. Netherrealm.
I hope Netherlands body Spain hard.
Speaking of which, I wonder if Cossner gets his inspiration from Mexico when playing Reptile since they both wear green and run around like crazy whilst controlling balls. Hur hur.

By the way, I will be updating the first post after the OP with kick-off times for each match everyday, check it for reference.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Ugh I'm at work missing the football right now...
Ugh England is playing tomorrow... tomorrow will be a heavy drinking day across the nation regardless of whether we win or lose...
Ugh I'm half German so I will be suffering a great deal of abuse for the entirety of the world cup irrespective of how Germany perform.

Ugh my brother is actually going to Brazil cause he got tickets -_____________-