What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Also a huge soccer fan here. I follow European leagues. My money is on Germany, Brazil or a surprising new team. Germany consists mostly of the Bayern Munich scwod, so players are used to adapting more as a national team vs everyone else who is filled with stars that are used to playing against each other in their clubs. Argentina is a great example of this. I'm still rooting for Argentina though. Messi ftw.
I'm going for Brazil or Argentina. A European team has never won a world cup hosted in south America.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I think the key for Croatia, if we want to pass the group, is to not get destroyed by Brazil. I'm afraid that would shake us mentally too much. On the other side, if we play a competitive match and even lose, it might be inspiring for the other two games. I'm getting very nervous, less than an hour until the game kicks off...

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I'm going for Brazil or Argentina. A European team has never won a world cup hosted in south America.
I'm telling you, this would be a dream grand final for me and as a Messi fan. He just needs to win that title to be considered the new Maradona or better.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Lol what? Was about to ask for a score, but I see Brazil scored on there own net LMAO. I'm at work, so I can't watch the game. Plus my office is located in an area where I can't get reception at all to watch or listen to the game on my phone.
*edit*
And it was Marcelo who scored itt? hahahahah! Had to be a Real Madrid player. Damn what an idiot.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Great run by Neymar, but Pletikosa should've dealt with that shot IMO. Dat crowd pop though.

the penalty kick! Best striker! That foot work! that psyche out! GOAL!

Also, that dive was real, IDK why a defender would risk it by putting his hands on him.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I wonder if the refs look at the game later and go.....shit, I fucked up
If it keeps the hosts happy, no chance :DOGE

Personally I'm more interested in knowing if being fluent in both parties languages is a requirement for refereeing, I can't picture a Jap speaking Portuguese and Serbian.

Error

DF2+R2
If it keeps the hosts happy, no chance :DOGE

Personally I'm more interested in knowing if being fluent in both parties languages is a requirement for refereeing, I can't picture a Jap speaking Portuguese and Serbian.
There's actually a lot of Japanese people in Brazil. Serbian though...