What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

Crathen

Death is my business
Germany are the strongest team in Europe now.
Germany is in my top 3 for taking it , honestly them , Brazil and Argentina are the favourites , a lot of people i know were putting there Spain too either #3 or #4 , so yeah.

Also i guess imma say good luck to England for sunday , you guys gonna need it vs us. :p

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I missed the first game today due to work, but heard there was more bad refereeing. Shame.

Holland-Spain 5:1! Holy cow! With the chances the Dutch had near the end of the game it could have finished even worse for Spain. Iker's facial expressions on the slow-mo's were priceless.

I can understand if the Spanish players lacked motivation since they won so much in recent years, on both, international and club level, and on the other side the Dutch were hungry for revenge, but the score is still a shocker.

Oh and yeah, that was a beautiful header by RvP. :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm interested in seeing how things develop in the bracketology if Portugal win their group. Germany have a bad habit of choking against relatively average teams every once in a while, and since that hasn't happened for a while....

I still maintain they'll make it out of their group though.

Flagg

Noob
Germany is in my top 3 for taking it , honestly them , Brazil and Argentina are the favourites , a lot of people i know were putting there Spain too either #3 or #4 , so yeah.

Also i guess imma say good luck to England for sunday , you guys gonna need it vs us. :p
Yeah I have Argentina, Brazil or Germany to win this though no European team has ever won the World Cup when it's been hosted in South America.

I expect England Italy to be an absolute snore fest. I do hope Oxlaidechamberlin is playing though...against Ecuador, England were playing with an Arsenal like flair with fluid passing. I can't wait for Rooney to retire. Total dead weight.

Flagg

Noob
damn that was a babality on spain

not sure about that. netherland seemed stronger today than Germany has performed in the recent years
Holland were quality tonight but let's not say they were better tonight than Germany in the last decade. Spain lost their first game in the last world cup and went on to win the whole tourney.

I expect the likes of Ozil and Draxler to really turn it on, in this tourney.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Like I said a while back, I doubt Argentina will go far. Probably they will get out of group stages, but they'll be one of the first to go home. Their last few friendlies before this tourney prove otherwise. Uruguai though!

Holland were quality tonight but let's not say they were better tonight than Germany in the last decade. Spain lost their first game in the last world cup and went on to win the whole tourney.

I expect the likes of Ozil and Draxler to really turn it on, in this tourney.
the Germany of the last decade is not the Germany of the last 2 years. Löw has switched to copying spain and it doesnt really work out as intended. the team is viewed as filled with highly skilled players who play party football but lack willpower and personality. i have to see thier (our) first games but i dont have high hopes for this tournament. netherlands on the other hand have shown skill and willpower today.

oh and draxler is probably not gonna get much playtime, özil might also not be in the first Eleven after his recent Performances.

Flagg

Noob
Like I said a while back, I doubt Argentina will go far. Probably they will get out of group stages, but they'll be one of the first to go home. Their last few friendlies before this tourney prove otherwise. Uruguai though!
This is a squad that Teves couldn't get into and has Messi and Augero. Seriously you have any idea how good just those two are? Higuian, etc.

Uruguay will not be starting with Suarez.

Flagg

Noob
the Germany of the last decade is not the Germany of the last 2 years. Löw has switched to copying spain and it doesnt really work out as intended. the team is viewed as filled with highly skilled players who play party football but lack willpower and personality. i have to see thier (our) first games but i dont have high hopes for this tournament. netherlands on the other hand have shown skill and willpower today.

oh and draxler is probably not gonna get much playtime, özil might also not be in the first Eleven after his recent Performances.
Lol are you serious? What performances are you talking about? He was instrumental in Arsenals success this season.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Robben's favourite pre-match hype-up song is, in fact, not a song.
It's that scene in Lord of The Rings where Gandalf shouts "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Lol are you serious? What performances are you talking about? He was instrumental in Arsenals success this season.
ive seen some terrible Arsenal games from him, like vs bayern, and the last friendly vs cameroon was really bad too. i think hes still gonna start and i hope he Plays good, but well... we'll see

Belgium gets no love? Prepare to be astounded! I love Germany but 1stly, no proper striker. 2ndly, consistence is not there. Reus had an ok season, Gotze was a boarderline bench warmer, since Ozil's move to arsenal, he's been below par. 3rdly, out of the final four I only trust Lahm. Finally, i don't particular like Loew's approach these days.

Flagg

Noob
Ha, Arsenal-success, that dash is 8 years long.
Mate, it took Ronaldo a season to hit his form when he joined the Premier League. Its the best, most intense and physical league on the planet.

Been in the Champions League for close to 18 years straight now, won the FA Cup last season. Who do you support?

Flagg

Noob
Ooh a bit of buzz on the internet that if 2022 World Cup is not gonna go to Qatar, then USA might be the next choice.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
The funniest thing about the 2010 World Cup was that the only team who went home undefeated were none other than New Zealand!