What's new

Zod Unblockable Setups by Pig, Naming my wraith and more Zod Tech in quick vid

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

Picked him up 3-4 days ago and just soul searching with him and looking to invent new ways to use him.

Below is a quick video going over some unblockable setups. Please note how you can hit opponent on both sides at same time which will open up his game a lot more once he has a ball on the screen.

I vow to find more Zod tech. We will conquer all

Also please note my Wraith has been named. His name is The Ghost Of KT Smith and I explain it in the video

Please be nice to him
lmao, I respect that.

Being mysterious is part of my appeal

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut

Have you tried blocking that unblockable setup?
It's not an unblockable setup, you block based on the location of your opponent. If Zod cross-ups then the projectile is blocked the same way as the cross-up kick. What you can do is fuck around with that by using his air charge.
Ill try but first I need to know how to block something that hits u in the right and left at both times simultaneously

;)

arydious

Noob
It could prove to be worthless or a diamond , I'm personally gonna try it a ton in many many matches

I think also landing it once put the threat if it out there and combined w his other tools is where it could shine

Time will tell but the 3 MB to low laser and dash low string seems legit already in my matches

I believe it will be Gold. Mind games are just as important as anything else and, projectile or not they will have to respect it or suffer the beast wrath

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ill try but first I need to know how to block something that hits u in the right and left at both times simultaneously

;)
He's saying after the cross up it will all hit on the right. I've personally never tested how to block it because I would just assume from basic fighting game knowledge that it would be unblockable lol.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Just picked up Zod and Im happy that you are playing him @AK Pig Of The Hut !

Ive been doing some stuff you mentioned in the video, but always happy to learn new stuff as well. Nice!

;)

It doesn't actually force a left+right at the same time. You always block relative to Zod not the Zodball.

So, despite the fact that the Zodball is hitting them from behind, they actually block towards, and block fine because they block relative to Zod. In this way it's much the same as Zod's trait.

However, Zod does have a true unblockable setup using MB Zodballs, I just haven't put together a video to demonstrate it yet.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It doesn't actually force a left+right at the same time. You always block relative to Zod not the Zodball.

So, despite the fact that the Zodball is hitting them from behind, they actually block towards, and block fine because they block relative to Zod. In this way it's much the same as Zod's trait.

However, Zod does have a true unblockable setup using MB Zodballs, I just haven't put together a video to demonstrate it yet.
I think it smore like "goodluck timing it correclty" than an unblockable.... and still.... very viable (see batman).

I think it smore like "goodluck timing it correclty" than an unblockable.... and still.... very viable (see batman).

Yeah, hard-to-blockables are still good. Although anything requiring Zod to have enough space to use his slow Zodball, dash past it and cross the opponent up is going to require some pretty significant setups in the long run.

Pig Of The Hut

Like the MB setups in video?

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah, hard-to-blockables are still good. Although anything requiring Zod to have enough space to use his slow Zodball, dash past it and cross the opponent up is going to require some pretty significant setups in the long run.
Ending a combo w bf3 provides u w this space

Like the MB setups in video?

I didn't catch them if they were there (I'm half watching it at work, and was specifically talking about the Left+Right one). But probably assuming you used MB slow zodball + a low for an unblockable.

Edit: Just saw the true unblockable in the video. There are a few other permutations, but yeah thats the general gist.

Pig Of The Hut

I didn't catch them if they were there (I'm half watching it at work, and was specifically talking about the Left+Right one). But probably assuming you used MB slow zodball + a low for an unblockable.
Yea man in the video I show these as well

MB ZOD ball slow dash f21/b12
MB ZOD ball slow full screen ground laser /MB option

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Dont you just have to away from zod and automatically blocks the projectile?

If marvel rules apply. You only need to block away from the point char and not the assist attacks. This eliminates unblockables.
If the projectile was low and you hit overhead. Well thats different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

If marvel rules apply. You only need to block away from the point char and not the assist attacks. This eliminates unblockables.

Yes, we kinda covered that. If you watch further into the video (about halfway through or so) there are a couple true unblockables shown (air MB zodball + low attack).

AssassiN

Noob

Idd, the only way you can cross-up from full screen is if the opponent sits still the entire time. Move back a little and there is no cross-up.
And these rules do apply, you block based on where the opponent is and not the projectile.

However, you can still fuck around with inputs by using his charge. Use his jumping normal + charge for an immediate cross-up will really fuck people over.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

That's how assist's work yes, but projectiles in Marvel work in the way that pig thought them to in IGAU, we honestly had know way of knowing this until Zod's release though because I'm pretty sure he is one of maybe two or three characters who can move in behind one of their projectiles. I think Harley is the only one who has another but there could be more.

Edit: I lied, my mahvel knowledge is a bit lacking I suppose.