What's new

Zod Unblockable Setups by Pig, Naming my wraith and more Zod Tech in quick vid

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Picked him up 3-4 days ago and just soul searching with him and looking to invent new ways to use him.

Below is a quick video going over some unblockable setups. Please note how you can hit opponent on both sides at same time which will open up his game a lot more once he has a ball on the screen.

I vow to find more Zod tech. We will conquer all

Also please note my Wraith has been named. His name is The Ghost Of KT Smith and I explain it in the video

Please be nice to him

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I've been saying it, watch out for this character! 3 insta air slow balls yo!

But just to be clear, that crossup setup with slow IAFB and J3, is ass. Any character with a projectile will blow you up for dashing and then block the ball and back dash or something.

Funny enough you were doing it against Supes who has that quick recovery out of heat zap.

arydious

Noob
Well Mr Pig, I seem to be a fan boy of your as of late. Always enjoying the quality of material you are bringing to us. I am actually going to put injustice into my system and try this stuff out. When you said Zod will most like be rewarded for great reaction All I heard was smoke!

I may have jacked that up some but I am tired...

Pig Of The Hut

Good to see some tech videos out for Zod. He starting to seem scarier and scarier.

AK Pig Of The Hut

Btw, If you're looking for full screen MB ground blast combos, you can get dash x2, 12, 123 xx Zod charge for like 32%. Oh and 112 is the string that's +5...so thank god for NRS providing us with knowledge >.<
So 112 is +5 for real? I know try have 11d2 listed as +5 and its not , it's like -3/-4

Thanks!!

Pig Of The Hut

I've been saying it, watch out for this character! 3 insta air slow balls yo!

But just to be clear, that crossup setup with slow IAFB and J3, is ass. Any character with a projectile will blow you up for dashing and then block the ball and back dash or something.

Funny enough you were doing it against Supes who has that quick recovery out of heat zap.
It could prove to be worthless or a diamond , I'm personally gonna try it a ton in many many matches

I think also landing it once put the threat if it out there and combined w his other tools is where it could shine

Time will tell but the 3 MB to low laser and dash low string seems legit already in my matches

Pig Of The Hut

Good to see some tech videos out for Zod. He starting to seem scarier and scarier.

AK Pig Of The Hut

Btw, If you're looking for full screen MB ground blast combos, you can get dash x2, 12, 123 xx Zod charge for like 32%. Oh and 112 is the string that's +5...so thank god for NRS providing us with knowledge >.<
Thanks for the combo ill definitely practice it

Swoops

Noob
So 112 is +5 for real? I know try have 11d2 listed as +5 and its not , it's like -3/-4

Thanks!!
Yea the only downside is that it starts with a high, but it's such a super easy confirm into the throw follow up that I try to use it all the time now. And if they block you get a d12 xx MB laser trap

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Anyone know when Zod will be tournament legal? I don't think he's allowed at VXG?

Props though for finding all this stuff for Zod! I thought lots of people had kind of written him off because of the lack of overheads...

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I know Zod is going to be very popular. I think his clash animation (dat finger pointing action) is going to make having another rough MU more tolerable.

Fuck he's cool.

Character loyalty killing me.