What's new

Zod is getting nerfed to the ground, apparently.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I mean....if they just fix the flaming carpet and some of those trait issues. You know, the ones where the trait like...constantly tries to grab people mid-match and never goes away...that kind of thing.

If you truly think Zod is top 5 so you probably know he needs nerf just like the other 4. What would you suggest ?
Everyone knows that ground rifle has too much start up and dominates the zoning game. Parry is gonna get it too because Clark needs his elbow back.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
If Zod truly is top 5 (Which I am on the fence about) then he will by far be the top 5 character that is this good in theory with perfect execution etc. I feel the other top tiers are strong and strong with easy tactics.

And as for a Paulo:

2 - Trait glitces
2 - Hard knock downs removed
1 - Other random nerf for no reason

so 5

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Anyone else think all parries deserve a buff to reward players for guessing right? With the exception of Killer Frost I think, Parries just kinda push people away and we really don't get much else off it. Which isn't to say each should earn a full combo, though that'd be one way of buffing them. Batmans can give a full combo, while Zod's should give an enormous amount of hard knockdown time to get trait out/get a mixup going.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
My bad guys, can a moderator change the tittle of my thread "why zod is bottom 5 ?" ?

I think it's a troll, he is only talking about Zod, and we have a zod skin coming so ~~

My predictions:

Zod Charge - Normalized startup (esp. in the air) and normalized recovery (very slightly safer).
Zod Ball - Normalized Startup and recovery (both just a handful of frames better)
KT Smith - Can no longer grab mid string using the state-check glitch.
KT Smith - No longer hugs the air repeatedly (poor air)
D1_D12 - No longer a HKD, no longer a viable trait/setup tool outside of the corner where it allows for neutral jump shenanigans
Laser Sweep - No longer creates a flame carpet
b2 - Is now an overhead (wishful thinking)

People have said that the KT Smith dash cancel is staying, I am skeptical on that.

These seems like the obvious ones to me. There is something about side-arm[MB] I think may end up getting adjusted and I could see a couple of his strings getting touched b12 for example - depending on how extensive the balance patch is.

This is all assuming that the older characters in the game were a more accurate reflection of the intended direction.