What's new

Zod bad habits rehab thread

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
how about the bad habit i see zod players using a lot is ending combos with MB phantom strike or MB zod charge, i mean just ending in regular zod charge or strike is good enough no? why waste a bar for 3% extra plus slightly better position? i would save the meter for other zod shenanigans.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
how about the bad habit i see zod players using a lot is ending combos with MB phantom strike or MB zod charge, i mean just ending in regular zod charge or strike is good enough no? why waste a bar for 3% extra plus slightly better position? i would save the meter for other zod shenanigans.
MB phantom strike gives guaranteed trait activation against most characters and wastes precious seconds when delayed.

I never use MB charge in combos unless to finish a round and reverse positions. The regular charge does the job the vast majority of time.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Mine:

F21U2 almost all the time(before)
Never F21U2(now)
Wake-up PS to everything which leads me to be stuffed by eveything
123 x PS ender. I sometimes hesitate the MB to save meter and regretting not doing Ground Lazer instead
123 x Trait act. > Slash, Slash, pathetic Grab attempt
*neutral game* YOLO iaZD (I can't even do this anymore due to nerf)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
starting a combo with trait grab charge close laser nj2 zod ball ji2 zod ball dash 1 mb low laser dash d12 ps mb 46% 2 bars

So why you ask me i did the mb ps? Because i choose that ender my combo started w trait and ENDs with trait already recharged and you full screen :)

extra 3% and free trait is back? Ill take it

SimSim will be proud of me in this post, because i finally stopped doing this shit.:

Trait grab up close, b3, ji3 f213 31%

the 46% feels better plus i get KT Smith back

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
-not properly cancelling D12 into PS or MB Ground Blast
-poorly timed wake ups
-Not delay MB Side Arm on whiff/block
-trying to AA Batman, Doomsday and Superman with D2
-IAZB too high
-Forget to use 213 and 11D2 in trait mix ups

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
starting a combo with trait grab charge close laser nj2 zod ball ji2 zod ball dash 1 mb low laser dash d12 ps mb 46% 2 bars

SimSim will be proud of me in this post, because i finally stopped doing this shit.:

:( I still do
b3, ji3, 12 mb laser, dash, 123, ps
or backdash close mblaser charge, b3, ji3, 12 mblaser, dash, d12 ps

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015

So why you ask me i did the mb ps? Because i choose that ender my combo started w trait and ENDs with trait already recharged and you full screen :)

extra 3% and free trait is back? Ill take it

Off of trait grab I usually just go straight into F2,1,U2; Krypt Rifle; J2; 1,2; MB Laser, dash, 123-ender 40%-43%MB ender. On no MB ender, "The Nothing" is usually ready to go after 123.

Pig Of The Hut

Despite my new combo improvement off of trait grab this will SURELY become a bad habit to break so in a real battle I actually do my new combos lol

Oh the irony

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Despite my new combo improvement off of trait grab this will SURELY become a bad habit to break so in a real battle I actually do my new combos lol

Oh the irony

How do you set-up full charge lazer optimal distance from Trait Grab? I usually get the grab from full-screen so I only have time for double dash, B3

EDIT: Also how do you get people to respect Lazer Cancels? I always get mashed out of it so a lot of the time I just go for the MB.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion

Oh the irony
Trait grab, full laser charge, j2 xx ball, j2 ball, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, 123 xx PS = 44-46%
Trait grab, full laser charge, b3, j3, 12 xx mb laser, dash, 123 xx PS = 40-42%
Trait grab, full laser charge, b3, dash, neutral j1 xx ball, j2 xx ball, j2 xx ball, dash, 123 xx PS =42%

Which one are you doing now pig? I think the second one is more consistent for tournament play maybe? If you can do the j2 loop every time then that's better of course.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I land the 2nd one 99% of the time. You need to be aware of how far you are though, If youre too near, backdash once... if too far, forward dash once.

I noticed a problem with the 2nd one though.

I tested with 2 scenarios:
1. upclose trait slash (blocked),f2 (blocked), trait grab (not blocked) - backdash, full laser charge... opponent will be thrown behind you making you miss the b3

2. upclose trait slash (blocked), f2 (not blocked), trait grab - backdash, full laser charge... the F2 pushes them farther making your backdash just the right distance for the full laser charge to b3.

AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim

Pig Of The Hut

How do you set-up full charge lazer optimal distance from Trait Grab? I usually get the grab from full-screen so I only have time for double dash, B3

EDIT: Also how do you get people to respect Lazer Cancels? I always get mashed out of it so a lot of the time I just go for the MB.
What I posted above is what I'd do now if I trait grabbed them up close like off a 4 b12 d4 string

See simsim combo above for what to do full screen off grab

Dash forward once , charged reg laser b3 ji3 12 MB laser dash 123 ps

Pig Of The Hut

Trait grab, full laser charge, j2 xx ball, j2 ball, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, 123 xx PS = 44-46%
Trait grab, full laser charge, b3, dash, neutral j1 xx ball, j2 xx ball, j2 xx ball, dash, 123 xx PS =42%

Which one are you doing now pig? I think the second one is more consistent for tournament play maybe? If you can do the j2 loop every time then that's better of course.

Well off full screen grab I was doing
Grab dash dash b3 ji3 f213 OKi slow ball 31% damage sucks

Now I will do your second one posted

Up close off a something like a naked grab or 4 b12 grab I use to do an abysmal b3 ji3 f213 ps

Now I do
Grab charged close laser nj2 slow ball ji2 med ball dash 1 MB laser dash d12 ps

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen

Awesome combos. I think it would be a matter of where you are on screen when you grab them. If your close do the j2 kr combo if not do the b3 one after the full charge laser. honestly I didn't even think to do the meter burn laser for the extra trait recharge time. Good shit boys!

Sent from Sam Wheat in the Phantom Zone.

SimSim

Well off full screen grab I was doing
Grab dash dash b3 ji3 f213 OKi slow ball 31% damage sucks

Now I will do your second one posted

Up close off a something like a naked grab or 4 b12 grab I use to do an abysmal b3 ji3 f213 ps

Now I do
Grab charged close laser nj2 slow ball ji2 med ball dash 1 MB laser dash d12 ps
Up close you can do:
Full charged laser, f3, j3, 12 mb laser, dash, 123 xx PS I think

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
lol, im going for simpler things, ive seen dudes doing non stop d2 which is very usefull, but still punishable at a distance, non stop j1 which is bad if u crouch, the recurring use of f2 and the bad use of trait for preassure instead of a 50/50

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
-I gave up on machine-gunning iaZBs with the ps3 pad, especially when I'm facing left, so now I just jump back and throw one out every now and then. Maybe someday I'll buy a hitbox...
-I almost never parry
-I blow meter on Zod Charge in some situations where I don't have to
-When I get trait out, I make bad decisions sometimes because I'm trying to force a trait grab or a 4f2d4
-I almost never use GB unless it's meter burned

SimSim

Really? Is there a vid of this? My brain is telling me not practical
I have been recording and editing for some hours now and feel sick from all the staring at my screens, so I won't be able to show you now. Take my word for it though: Easier than doing j2 xx ball after charged laser.

A teaser for the video I am working on:
-All frame data for trait
-Completely 50/50 hard knock down combo ender with trait ready to attack (Not AS good as it sounds, but pretty good)
-48% hitconfirmable combo with trait and 1 bar of meter involving 2 fully charged ground laser and one mb laser + b3

Pig Of The Hut

I have been recording and editing for some hours now and feel sick from all the staring at my screens, so I won't be able to show you now. Take my word for it though: Easier than doing j2 xx ball after charged laser.

A teaser for the video I am working on:
-All frame data for trait
-Completely 50/50 hard knock down combo ender with trait ready to attack (Not AS good as it sounds, but pretty good)
-48% hitconfirmable combo with trait and 1 bar of meter involving 2 fully charged ground laser and one mb laser + b3
wait

like you figured out new specific frame data w trait??