What's new

Zatanna, Why?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Just to be Captain Obvious here, if you can comfortably use her trait, you can abuse it and never have to worry about meter. I look forward to seeing a expert Zatanna activate trait right at the beginning of the match to get that early meter lead. Should be beastly.
That's why I'm actually trying to do with her. I gained some good meter in her trait, and I need to use her db1 to absorb projectiles and her db3 more since it has armor

Yes! She is a VERY, VERY risky character! She must MB literally all her moves to be safe... Teleport is punisheable, dive kick is punisheable, kicks are ounisheable... But well... I think she is a great character, risky & depends too much of her meter! She is slow! Her vortexstrings are very slow.. But well.. I love her... She is still a good character! But sadly i can watch her having a lot of bad match ups..ñ or at least plenty of even match ups... I am not dropping her for nothing! I said that i wouldn't care abour her tier... I still love the character... I have a lot of fun using her... Se takes a lot of skill to master.
i agree man this character takes some work to master....i think more then any character on the roster, and i love that about the character, im with u i wont be dropping this char no matter her tier.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
i agree man this character takes some work to master....i think more then any character on the roster, and i love that about the character, im with u i wont be dropping this char no matter her tier.
Yes! That's it... I keep thinking she will be mid tier... So that will make that things more difficult! But never dropping Zatanna! <3

Keep in mind that once you master the character, she won't seem slow. Whenever I try to use skarlet, she seems slow simply because I never put work into her. But when Scar uses her, she's fast paced and don't miss a beat. And I like Zantana. Im actually playing the game more since she came out.lol

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
After messing around with her a while, I'm not sure I'm gonna main her. She's still good though. My biggest issue with her is that her range off most of her normals is bad, and her low/overhead is slow. Her standing 3 has decent range & speed though (plus it's mid)...I see 3~teleport away being a pretty important keep away tool in the future.

She gets nasty damage off a jump in 2 though.

Guy asks for help so he can level up - gets told to level up.

:rolleyes:

LOL
Maybe he needs to get in the lab and level up his asking-for-help ability, LOL.

My impression is that Z is anything but slow as far as the teleports go. Yeah, you can't just YOLO teleport right up to people all of the time, but you can build some confusion and zip around. That's 4 Teleports, including the fake out teleport, and those are probably the fastest teleports in the game. Heck, she can teleport through KF's Slide, that's fast!

I'm a low-level filthy scrubby casual, but I notice that they keep emphasising her "escape" ability. I think that is her playstyle. It isn't that you are fast to get in so much as you are fast to get away, which is perfect for a zoner. Spam ring, spam ring, opponent closes in, teleport to get away, spam ring, spam ring, opponent closes in, teleport to get away. She isn't meant to be a rushdown character, eh?

Ughh, I'm finding her slow as well. I can't do any of her key strings in the neutral game without being stuffed. It seems like zoning is a safer bet.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Lol it's okay it's all cool here. I probably shouldn't have started it like I was going to complain. I actually looked at the REO videos last night, and I find that levitate 2 into b3 hard to do.

I still find Zatanna some what slow, but I'm learning to to used to her, and see what works with her.
I learned never do her d2 if you aren't 100% sure it's gonna hit.

OK i can finally rest in peace, 2 years and i still don't know how not to be a dick on TYM lol.
IMO Zatanna's a beast and her zoning is really strong when she's at full-screen, except when she fights against Aquaman, it depends on her matchup but overall i think she is great at zoning. Her mixups are really good too.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Lol so they want zatanna to destroy you upclose aswell so you can make another thread the next patch how she needs to be nerfed and nrs cant make fightinggames? Smh

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
On a good note I finally managed to beat classic battle's regime superman on hard, my online record's still 1-6 with her, and that's only cause I fought a clueless new batman player with 0 matches lol.

I personally haven't purchased Zatanna (not a huge fan of the character) but the Zatanna's i have run into have been pretty simple to beat, so far it seems to me like the only character she has a noticeable advantage over is Lobo and thats only because he lacks a full screen projectile, he can still out damage her by far when he gets in

I know its only like day 3 for her so these are just my first impressions of her based on the Zatanna players i've seen, she will most likely end up being mid tier eventually

OK, I found an AWESOME setup using smoke and mirrors.

End any combo with 223 and cancel that into smoke and mirrors. Choose either the right or the left one, NOT the middle.

Immediately after smoke and mirrors, do a teleport on the ground. If you chose the clone that was closest to the downed enemy, teleport behind, if you chose the clone furthest from the enemy, teleport in front. In either case, your opponent will stand up with a clone on either side of him/her.

I tested this on Lex's Corp Charge, which is a ridiculously fast wakeup, and it's very possible to do this before the Corp Charge comes out. Of course, if you tele'd in front, the corp charge will hit you, but not if you teleported behind. It's a guessing game, but the opponent pays much more dearly for guessing wrong then you do.

I have not yet been able to test how beneficial it would be to MB the tele in response to an enemy that sees this and gets up using d1 pokes.

Still, I'm convinced this is a GREAT setup. And there's surely sooooo much more ways to mess up an enemy with Smoke and Mirrors.

I'll try making a video on this setup after work today.

**** Ooops,I meant to post this in the Zatanna general discussion thread, but I'll leave it here in opposition to any posts that infer she has trouble getting hits just because her normals are slow and unsafe ****

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
She'll get better, mid-upper tier I believe. Right now people are just getting the hang of her, getting the time right of combos online + her reset and her so many specials, everyone's realizing how slow some of her normals are which limits them to mostly resets or frame traps, but with all the setups coming out she'll only get harder to deal with. She also needs her trance fix that'll be pretty annoying to deal with that.

I agree that she's a setup character though, not really a zoner or rushdown.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Maybe he needs to get in the lab and level up his asking-for-help ability, LOL.

My impression is that Z is anything but slow as far as the teleports go. Yeah, you can't just YOLO teleport right up to people all of the time, but you can build some confusion and zip around. That's 4 Teleports, including the fake out teleport, and those are probably the fastest teleports in the game. Heck, she can teleport through KF's Slide, that's fast!

I'm a low-level filthy scrubby casual, but I notice that they keep emphasising her "escape" ability. I think that is her playstyle. It isn't that you are fast to get in so much as you are fast to get away, which is perfect for a zoner. Spam ring, spam ring, opponent closes in, teleport to get away, spam ring, spam ring, opponent closes in, teleport to get away. She isn't meant to be a rushdown character, eh?
She is really slow. Her normals come out really slow, same with her moves. She is a set up character so you can't rush down with her. That's what I learned with her. Her teleport isn't that great unless you meter burn it, or if you bait the other person into doing something. Her teleport, isnt even a good wake up, since it can get stuffed easily. Zoning with the real won't do that well, since it has slow started up, and it can get stuffed by other zoners, same with her fireball, and her trait.

skumz

Why is she so damn slow. I feel like a lot of her normals, and moves in general have a lot of start up, and can get stuffed by a lot. I'm wondering if it's just me, and if I am playing her wrong. If anyone has any tips, and advice on using her, I would gladly appreciate it. I also found that when you B3, dash in and f2 right they they are about to fall, it stands the opponent up behind you with their back facing you. I was wondering if that could be useful for anything. Again, I am asking for advice on how to use her.
She is just gonna take time getting use to. She is by far the most difficult character to play with out of the whole cast bc she requires straight strategy, setups and knowing matchups. But man is she fun! Enjoy her and learn with her. You will get better with her in time. These past few days i have been getting blown up by people. It is so funny bc I know that I would demolish majority of them if I was playing my CW. I just keep it moving bc I know one day she will click and if she doesn't well at least the ride was fun. At the end of the day it is all about fun. If you enjoy her don't stop playing. You will always get better with characters you enjoy.;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Today i picked Zatanna vs a new player, lvl1 flash, thinking it'd be easy, he kept doing f3 and d3, I lost legit lol feels bad man.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Despite her having slow norms, I find her as fun as hell playing Harley so after a week Im def keeping her as my 2nd main, tho as of right now I get my buttons mixed up sometimes when switching lol

kevkopdx

Noob
She is just gonna take time getting use to. She is by far the most difficult character to play with out of the whole cast bc she requires straight strategy, setups and knowing matchups. But man is she fun! Enjoy her and learn with her. You will get better with her in time. These past few days i have been getting blown up by people. It is so funny bc I know that I would demolish majority of them if I was playing my CW. I just keep it moving bc I know one day she will click and if she doesn't well at least the ride was fun. At the end of the day it is all about fun. If you enjoy her don't stop playing. You will always get better with characters you enjoy.;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
couldnt have said it better!!

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
CHURCH!!!!!! PREACH ON

She is very enjoyable to play for me so I am fairly confident she will make my 2nd character I attempt to flesh out unless the next dlc stuff really grabs my attention.