What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kobu Jutsu yungmonster12 / revetleafing Tanya Matchup Chart (Kobu Jutsu)

His fireballs aren't as good as his other ones, Tanya can trade projectiles with him. Tanya's pressure can outstand dualist. Dualist has good pressure, too but Tanya's is superior, that's why this is a 6-4
I don't see that.
They nerfed her pressure hard asf.
Zoning is ehh. But any projectile you throw is a punish with dragon kick.
We'd have to play it sometime.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Kobu Jutsu being a pressure hand to hand combat variation, Covert keeps her on edge with her parrys. Demolition disables Tanya's opportunity to jump in on her and has a safe wake up. However, they do not drastically beat her, she can still win
I can see that.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
So what makes this a 5-5 for Spectral?! Kobu's get mawwwwped!
She does 112 rekka, what are you gonna do about that :D
I've been downplaying Spectral so I believe Kobu can handle this fight well. And when it's Tanya's turn you don't have armored launcher to deal with her rekka

Nausea

Soul Ascended
She does 112 rekka, what are you gonna do about that :D
I've been downplaying Spectral so I believe Kobu can handle this fight well. And when it's Tanya's turn you don't have armored launcher to deal with her rekka
Soul Ascension Ex Tele is a launching armored move. Really easy to bait also so that mutes that point.

Downplay all you like, a half decent Spectral player will wreck Kobu. The only variation of Tanya that can give Spectral a hard time is DN.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Soul Ascension Ex Tele is a launching armored move. Really easy to bait also so that mutes that point.
I mean when you're blocking rekka or expecting Tanya to press buttons on plus frames, you can't use that move as reversal armor. I know ex tele has armor on wake up but it's much weaker than a true armored launcher. And does Spectral does least damage out of 3 variations from wake up ex tele?

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I mean when you're blocking rekka or expecting Tanya to press buttons on plus frames, you can't use that move as reversal armor. I know ex tele has armor on wake up but it's much weaker than a true armored launcher. And does Spectral does least damage out of 3 variations from wake up ex tele?
Im not talking about his wake up. Im talking about his Soul Ascension Ex Tele. Wake up tele is purely last resort because its so bad. You don't need a launching armored reversal to fight Tanya anyway. EXBF2 is a 9 frame mid so I'd use that against Tanya pressure, get the HKD and get setup.