What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kobu Jutsu yungmonster12 / revetleafing Tanya Matchup Chart (Kobu Jutsu)

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
Tanya Kobu Jutsu Matchup Chart
Tanya Numbers On the Left
Alien
Acidic: 4-6
Tarkatan: 5-5
Kongurer: 4-6

Jason
Slasher: 5-5
Unstoppable: 5-5
Relentless: 5-5

Kung Lao
Tempest: 5-5
Hat Trick: 4-6
Buzz Saw: 5-5

Jax
Heavy Weapons: 4-6
Wrestler: 4-6
Pumped Up: 4-6

Sonya Blade
Covert Ops: 4-6
Special Forces: 5-5
Demoliton: 4-6

Kenshi

Balanced: 4-6
Kenjutsu: 5-5
Possessed: 4-6

Kitana

Royal Storm: 5-5
Mournful: 4-6
Assassin: 5-5

Scorpion

Ninjutsu: 6-4
Inferno: 5-5
Hellfire: 5-5

Sub-Zero

Cryomancer: 6-4
Grandmaster: 4-6
Unbreakable: 5-5

Mileena

Piercing: 4-6
Ravenous: 4-6
Ethereal: 4-6

Takeda
Shirai Ryu: 4-6
Ronin: 5-5
Lasher: 5-5

Cassie Cage

Hollywood: 5-5
Spec Ops: 6-4
Brawler: 6-4

Jacqui Briggs

Shotgun: 4-6
High Tech: 5-5
Full Auto: 4-6

Kung Jin

Ancestral: 5-5
Shaolin: 4-6
Bojutsu: 4-6

Tanya

Kobu Jutsu: 5-5
Pyromancer: 5-5
Dragon Naginata: 4-6

Bo' Rai Cho

Dragon Breath: 5-5
Bartitsu: 5-5
Drunken Master: 5-5

Leatherface

Killer: 6-4
Pretty Lady: 5-5
Butcher: 4-6

Predator
Warrior (Not Sure Due to Lack of Players)
Hish-Qu-Ten: 4-6
Hunter: 6-4

Shinnok

Imposter: 4-6
Necromancer: 5-5
Bone Shaper: 4-6

Kano

Cutthroat: 5-5
Commando: 4-6
Cybernetic: 5-5

Johnny Cage

Fisticuffs: 6-4
A-List: 4-6
Stunt Double: 4-6

Erron Black

Gunslinger: 4-6
Marksman: 5-5
Outlaw: 4-6

Liu Kang

Flame Fist: 5-5
Dualist: 6-4
Dragon's Fire: 5-5

Ermac

Mystic: 4-6
Spectral: 5-5
Master of Souls: 4-6

Kotal Kahn

Blood God: 4-6
Sun God: 4-6
War God: 4-6

Reptile

Deceptive: 6-4
Noxious: 6-4
Nimble: 6-4

Ferra/Torr

Ruthless: 4-6
Lackey: 6-4
Vicious: 5-5

D'Vorah
Brood Mother: 6-4
Venemous: 6-4
Swarm Queen: 6-4

Raiden

Thunder God: 5-5
Master of Storms: 4-6
Displacer: 4-6

Quan Chi
Sorcerer: 5-5
Summoner: 4-6
Warlock: 5-5

Goro

Kuatan Warrior: 5-5
Tigrar Fury: 3-7
Dragon Fangs: 3-7

Tremor

Aftershock: 6-4
Crystalline: 5-5
Metallic: 6-4

Triborg

Sektor: 4-6
Smoke: 4-6
Cyrax: 6-4
Cyber Sub-Zero: 5-5

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Curious why covert and demo beat her but not special forces. What is it that covert OPs has that special forces doesn't?

I agree with the Jacqui numbers.

I disagree with the D'Vorah and reptile numbers but I'll leave it at that.

OfficialYungmonster

Curious why covert and demo beat her but not special forces. What is it that covert OPs has that special forces doesn't?

I agree with the Jacqui numbers.

I disagree with the D'Vorah and reptile numbers but I'll leave it at that.
Kobu Jutsu being a pressure hand to hand combat variation, Covert keeps her on edge with her parrys. Demolition disables Tanya's opportunity to jump in on her and has a safe wake up. However, they do not drastically beat her, she can still win

Espio

Kokomo
All versions of Goro should probably be 5-5 if Kuatan Warrior is even.

They should all really be 5-5 honestly if one is, but Tigrar definitely makes no sense being 3-7 while simultaneously labeling it that. Not really sure why Dragon Fangs can't fight her either as he has the best anti-airs, highest damage reward for armoring out of pressure and has the most sustainable offense and mix up game over Kuatan and Tigrar Fury.

OfficialYungmonster

All versions of Goro should probably be 5-5 if Kuatan Warrior is even.

They should all really be 5-5 honestly if one is, but Tigrar definitely makes no sense being 3-7 while simultaneously labeling it that. Not really sure why Dragon Fangs can't fight her either as he has the best anti-airs, highest damage reward for armoring out of pressure and has the most sustainable offense and mix up game over Kuatan and Tigrar Fury.
Goro obliterates Tanya (Kobu) .. He has 3 hits of armor, Tanya can't do anything about it, especially Kobu Jutsu, I feel Tigrar and Dragon are 7-3 mu's against Kobu because Tanya's main string b1 2+4 has a gap as we all know, Goro is one of the few characters who doesn't get affected by b1 2+4, also let's be honest, Tanya can't hand fight goro lol..

Espio

Kokomo
Goro obliterates Tanya (Kobu) .. He has 3 hits of armor, Tanya can't do anything about it, especially Kobu Jutsu, I feel Tigrar and Dragon are 7-3 mu's against Kobu because Tanya's main string b1 2+4 has a gap as we all know, Goro is one of the few characters who doesn't get affected by b1 2+4, also let's be honest, Tanya can't hand fight goro lol..
Oh shoot, my bad lol. I'm sorry I misread what you said, we're actually in agreement haha. I would definitely say his favor is reasonable.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I'm actually interested to hear how Kobu beats Swarm Queen. I know nothing about the MU but I know a little about each character so this would be nice to hear.

OfficialYungmonster

I'm actually interested to hear how Kobu beats Swarm Queen. I know nothing about the MU but I know a little about each character so this would be nice to hear.
Dvorah can't deal with Tanya's teleports as much as she wants too, full screen bug throw and Puddle can be easily maneuvered by the Slayful Edenian, Tanya has one of the best back dashes in the game, she can easily retreat out of her puddle, Tanya is good at escaping the corner, which Dvorah needs, Tanya's footsie f4, f2 can punish puddle startup from full screen if timed correctly

ArmedCalf

Dvorah can't deal with Tanya's teleports as much as she wants too, full screen bug throw and Puddle can be easily maneuvered by the Slayful Edenian, Tanya has one of the best back dashes in the game, she can easily retreat out of her puddle, Tanya is good at escaping the corner, which Dvorah needs, Tanya's footsie f4, f2 can punish puddle startup from full screen if timed correctly
Would D'vorah's d2 kill the teleports? or does her tele get around that

OfficialYungmonster

Would D'vorah's d2 kill the teleports? or does her tele get around that
Unless Dvorah d2 is full screen lol. It isn't so In that case no, (On a side note) she is one of the only characters that can punish Tanya's Naginata pole stance into 4, but that's a different story

ArmedCalf

Unless Dvorah d2 is full screen lol. It isn't so In that case no, (On a side note) she is one of the only characters that can punish Tanya's Naginata pole stance into 4, but that's a different story
Oh do you mean teleporting away? I meant like teleporting at her.