What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kobu Jutsu yungmonster12 / revetleafing Tanya Matchup Chart (Kobu Jutsu)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Tanya Kobu Jutsu Matchup Chart
Tanya Numbers On the Left

Leatherface

Killer: 6-4
Pretty Lady: 5-5
Butcher: 4-6
Seems like either Killer or Pretty Lady would be better than Butcher in this MU. I would think Killer would beat her, while Butcher would lose to her. Pretty Lady instant air saws might be hard for Kobu to deal with as well. I don't really see what butcher has that would be bad for Kobu Jutsu.

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
I dont see how Tempest is 5-5. Tanya loses her ability to rekka the second he gets meter. Sure you can bait it out by teleporting back after B1 2+4 but if you do that too much he can just teleport and punish you before you land. He can also punish regular DF2 AND the gap in between the two hits of the EX rekka launcher, so it's not like you can make the rekkas safe. Theres just too many holes that I wouldn't risk losing 35% on. I think its 4-6 Tanya loses.

On a different note, if you even START the pressure against HQT Predator (or god forbid you get them in the corner), it's pretty much over. B1 breaks Predator's armor and he cant risk using wakeup EX Lasers regardless how fast it is. He has to hope he gets a good poke but even then hes still in the corner. Maybe its not 6-4 in Tanya's favor because HQT can zone her out pretty well (not to mention that disc is a mean anti-teleport), but I think its at least 5-5.

I'd also like to hear why you think Ninjitsu is 6-4. I wouldn't have thought it be that much in Tanya's favor, always kinda assumed it was 5-5.
Hqt vs Kobu is definitely 6-4 in predators favor, yes you can pray to get close to him, as he his one of the best zoners in the game. The disc disrupts all of Tanya's teleport options, the up, low, and regular plasma blast are too fast for Tanya to run up and do anything, I can hope to armor and pray that he doesn't read it, I put this ad 6-4 because if Tanya does get in it could be game over, but Predator has the right things to keep her away.

OfficialYungmonster

Seems like either Killer or Pretty Lady would be better than Butcher in this MU. I would think Killer would beat her, while Butcher would lose to her. Pretty Lady instant air saws might be hard for Kobu to deal with as well. I don't really see what butcher has that would be bad for Kobu Jutsu.
I play some of the best Leather face out there, and I can handle the others with Kobu, but Butcher has a fast Wakeups and reversal. Tanya gets punished much easier

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I play some of the best Leather face out there, and I can handle the others with Kobu, but Butcher has a fast Wakeups and reversal. Tanya gets punished much easier
Are you talking about the command grab? It's 8 frames but he doesn't get much out of it. If you are going to punish with that, you might as well punish with F1 which is 7 frames.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Its 8 i just tested it. I remember it being 6 before the last patch lol rip
Lol Gg's
  • LeatherFace (Butcher) - Skull Smash & Skull Fracture now have 8 startup frames (up from 6)
Yes, it got nerfed.... Along with everything else that made Butcher viable.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
This is Tanya not Jacqui lol, people don't really care for Tanya, they don't see her as a threat, when honestly, she is
haha yeah i still think Tanya is good too.

On a side note, Are you one guy playing that good with two characters or do you have a brother using your account? I heard something about a brother in Reo cast before and am honestly confused at this point lol.

OfficialYungmonster

haha yeah i still think Tanya is good too.

On a side note, Are you one guy playing that good with two characters or do you have a brother using your account? I heard something about a brother in Reo cast before and am honestly confused at this point lol.
The brother revetleafing (the one that people thought was my fake account) is yungmonster12 brother. I use this account since I was banned on the other one for some reason unexplained lol.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Not true. Butcher is still very viable
If he had gained a tick throw with the command grab nerf, then it would have been ok. That, coupled with his vortex nerf was just too much though.

I still feel like Killer would be better in the matchup. He can play footsies with b2 and he gets big damage with safe hit confirms.

OfficialYungmonster

If he had gained a tick throw with the command grab nerf, then it would have been ok. That, coupled with his vortex nerf was just too much though.

I still feel like Killer would be better in the matchup. He can play footsies with b2 and he gets big damage with safe hit confirms.
Well off of personal experience, Butcher is the better variation when figuring Kobu Jutsu

Last edited by a moderator:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
5-5 vs Tarkatan seems like a crazy number since they're so far apart on everyone's tier list, but it actually makes sense when you break it down.

Good stuff Yung and Yung's alter ego.
I think 11f ex low drill makes Tarkatan scared of using rekka. Tanya, however, first hit of rekka is -7 and on knockdown Tanya has armor breaking setups.
Edit: read what Yung said below :D

Last edited:

OfficialYungmonster

Mo
I think 11f ex low drill makes Tarkatan scared of using rekka. Tanya, however, first hit of rekka is -7 and on knockdown Tanya has armor breaking setups.
I disagree with Mournful number, she has safe armors (yea, the ex staff grab is safe against Tanya too) and her zoning is very good to keep Tanya away, it can be 5 - 5
Mournful is 6-4 Safe armor ensures escape from Tanya's rekkas easily, way better zoning instant air overheads