What's new

Question Your Top 5 Underrated characters?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
1. Ermac, if you can zone with him well he's as good as anyone else zoning not to mention punishing damage he puts.

2. Raiden, it's Raiden come on if used right he's literally "Godlike" pun intended ;)

3. Stryker, yes I know low tier but I use him now as a secondary and must say his roll is boss, safe and his guns have to be among the fastest, best projectiles in the game

4. Sektor, honestly his missles have so many set ups it's crazy I'm shocked more people don't play him but choose Mustard reset instead *shrugs* plus his mix ups are CRAZY good when pressure is applied.

5. Tie imo between Noob and QC. Noob because again if you can zone with him, he's incredible hard to get close to and QC because of his resets and Zune trap...one thing I've noticed, every known QC player resorts to both or either for a reason.

Honorable mentions, NW, Rain, Sindel and Jade.

1. Ermac
2. Sindel
3. Ermac
4. Jade
5. Ermac

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

You listed Ermac 3 times? damn lol I take it you don't like him.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
In no particular order Smoke, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Nightwolf and Jade DESPITE their huge hitboxes.

CYracks

Command Grabber
1. Reptile
2. Rain
3. Mileena
4. Scorpion
5. Sindel

I don't think Liu Kang, Ermac and Sektor and underrated cause their wake-up suck ass.

1. Sindel- I have faith in the queen, and trust me, she has the potential to do well on her own.
2. Reptile
3. Smoke
4. Lui Kang
5. Kitana

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Kano's sweaty greasy hairy ass IS as bad as everyone says :D.

on that note. Subzero o3o

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ERMAC
Noob
scorpion
reptile (He's a thug)
and raiden(never really thought so but people are putting him up there)

LEGEND

YES!
- Jax(People used to say he was the best in the game, now he isn't that good according to people. Tyrant and JR will raise him)
Problem with Jax is there is new tech (and/or old tech being used in new ways) that is being used to fill his holes, but this new tech also has holes of its own
Jax is basically a leaky ship
-
As for my own list:

LIU KANG (even the people that no longer underrate him don't know what he is fully capable of)
REPTILE (Goes even with alot of the most popular tourny characters and has tons of gimmicks that are hard to adjust to in a ft2 tourny setting,)
SHANG STUNG (simply because nobody talks about him, and currently only one top player uses him)
CYRAX (second best character in the game, 1 to 3 4-6mus max. no 3-7s. And 6-4s the majority of the cast. Underused tools, setups and glitches)
FREDDY (this guy is arguably better than kenshi, have thought he was top 5 since the beginning and have finally seen the player who can prove it)

1. No other character comes close to Kratos, but he'll always be underrated, for no one can play as him in-tournament and show what he can do.

2. Shang Tsung needs dedicated representatives to show his true power. (Dat Morph+Damage Boost)

3. Cyrax has unrealized potential when it comes to going against the top-tier.

4. Freddy Krueger needs a representative who has the zoning power of m2dave, the close-kombat ability of Vip3r, and the patience of Clint The Beast to come out of his underrated status.

5. I think Noob Saibot requires some reevaluation on his game to shine brighter (or dim darker).

1. No other character comes close to Kratos, but he'll always be underrated, for no one can play as him in-tournament and show what he can do.

2. Shang Tsung needs dedicated representatives to show his true power. (Dat Morph+Damage Boost)

3. Cyrax has unrealized potential when it comes to going against the top-tier.

4. Freddy Krueger needs a representative who has the zoning power of m2dave, the close-kombat ability of Vip3r, and the patience of Clint The Beast to come out of his underrated status.

5. I think Noob Saibot requires some reevaluation on his game to shine brighter (or dim darker).
crap i was goin to put kratos in my list but i forgot.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
LETHAL LEGEND you summed up how I feel about reptile perfectly!

Also shout outs to WoundCowboy that dude kicks ass and makes shang a threat in any mu.
Thanks :) Yea Shang is a really good character, but it can be difficult to win with him. He is not difficult to win with in the same sense as someone like Baraka or Stryker (who simply don't have the tools). He has good tools but they leave you very little room for error, and mistakes with him will cost you big time since he doesn't have a beastly armored move or anything that he can use as a crutch.

My underrated characters:
1. Shang
2. Liu Kang
3. Reptile
4. Kitana
5. Sindel

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I'll probably get blown up for this opinion but I really don't think Scorpion is THAT bad... yes he's extremely unsafe and yeah in the hands of most he sucks pretty bad but if you know how to read people he becomes much much deadlier. It just requires advanced psychology to play him I think, lol. If that means that he belongs EVEN lower on the tier than he already is, well then so do a lot of the characters that are ONLY A tier or higher level of good when played at the absolute highest level and still require complete memorization of every single frame count/hitbox for every character in the game in order for the character to excel.

Dizz_88

Noob
I'd say
1. Liu Kang
2. Shang Tsung
3. Mileena
4. Smoke
5. Raiden

Ermac aka Freemac is overrated and should probably be moved to D tier.