What's new

Question Your Top 5 Underrated characters?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I've been thinking about Liu and Sektor a bunch lately, so I'm curious. What are your Top 5 under-rated characters? Here's mine:

1. Liu Kang
2. Sektor
3. Sindel
4. Raiden
5. Jade

These are the characters I feel people underestimate.

Fangoria19

Groovy
Honestly there are a ton of underestimated sleeper characters but here's my top 5 that I'm hoping cause upsets in the future.
1.Quan- I'm hoping insuperable proves people wrong at NEC
2. Baraka- His punish and reaction options are underestimated and Tetra Spirit has proven that
3. Sindel- Very underestimated punisher and zoner in the game
4. Jade- She's looking more hopeful since more people are actually investing in her
5. Nightwolf- Big D and Fly have proven he can hold his own despite the haters

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I hope this is a troll cause none of those characters were underrated to begin with.
not really a troll...i know a lot of people that underrate smoke ( Wafflez for one) and Reptile seems to always be forgotten when listing top 10 characters. Everyone but the west coast sleeps on Liu Kang, and EVERYONE (except maybe 3 people) sleep on raiden.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
1. Quan Chi (sky drop can severely screw up your spacing, shuts down full screen zoning and runaway tactics as well as jump ins and you can do it on reaction, mix up's coming out of his ass, 3/4 of the screen trance that hits you jumping and ducking, good uppercut, fast fireball and of course that unblockable damage is a pain in the ass in a close match)
2. Baraka (very few people I've fought play him well but the ones that do are scary with him)
3. Sektor (all around solid character with no real obvious downside except he just doesn't have any super cheap tactics like the top 5)
4. Liu Kang (so many mix ups, good zoning, I haven't seen another character that can start a combo off of so many of their random moves)
5. Raiden (although he may not beat the best characters in the game easily, he can demolish a good portion of the cast just by playing mind games with those teleports, Bwizz koth video was pretty crazy)

AssassiN

Noob
- Liu Kang
- Skarlet
- Jade
- Jax(People used to say he was the best in the game, now he isn't that good according to people. Tyrant and JR will raise him)
- Raiden(B Wizz was wrecking shit up at MLG, people weren't expecting that one)

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
1. Liu Kang
2. Freddy Krueger
3. Reptile
4. Kung Lao
5. Jax

I feel like all the online tele 3 happy Laos gave the community the impression that he's somehow free/easy mode now.