What's new

Your Top 5 Favorite Marvel Movies?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I definitely forgot about Winter Soldier. It would probably replace Iron Man in my top 5. Also, I think Iron Man is a lot better than people give it credit for. It just came out so long ago that it’s not fresh in peoples minds.

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
MCU-
1. Infinity War
2. Black Panther
3. Civil War
4. Winter Soldier
5. Guardians of The Galaxy

Marvel in general-

1. Logan
2. Logan
3. Logan
4. Logan
5. Logan

Wigy

There it is...
Unless I'm missing an obscure one. On the execution of cinematography, acting, feels. How can you not have Logan #1. The rest are entertaining but ultimately it's just wow look how sick that CGI was (aside from Deadpool)

Marvel also REAAALLY needs to work on their music (outside guardians).

gitblame

Noob
I am suprised nobody mentioned Spiderman 3 which is the best marvel movie ever.

If you don't believe me, there is detailed explanation

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Why not? It relates directly to Marvel films, it's interesting, and it offers some pretty high level analysis on Marvel films that may change the way one ranks them, or at the very least explain that occasional "something is off about this scene" feeling.
I understand that, but this was a discussion started about favorite films and why. Not about the issues with movies and whatnot

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Well counting all Marvel and not just MCU:
  1. Logan because amazing
  2. Iron Man
  3. Spiderman 3 because tobey macguire
  4. X-men 3 because i'm the juggernaut bitch
  5. Hulk (2003) because reasons
I hope you all come to understand that I'm right

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I understand that, but this was a discussion started about favorite films and why. Not about the issues with movies and whatnot
I mean, to a certain degree I just wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to share Every Frame a Painting with other people as well, as rarely do I come across a resource that manages to be so comprehensive and yet so accessible at the same time.

Did you check the video out, for the record? He's a pretty fair guy. It isn't just 10+ minutes of him shitting on Marvel films. One of his major points is that the musical selections often diminished what was actually some very high quality cinematography at times, IIRC. He also breaks down how intellectual property laws play in to some of the problems MCU has had with music selection. It's literally impossible not to get something valuable out of it.

His video on Martin Scorcese and his use of silence is probably a good place to start if you wish to continue after this one.

I cannot think of another instance where a small collection of 5-10 minute video clips has enhanced my overall perception of and knowledge about a particular subject as much as EFaP has, which is why I am so zealous about hyping it up.

The video itself is still 100% relative to this thread, and not at all forced, however. I'm just saying that I might have forced it in here even if it had a little less relevance. Issues with particular films are bound to come up when people compare lists with oneanother

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Deadpool
2. Black Panther
3. Blade
4. Captain America: Civil War

5. 5th spot to be determined: I need to see Deadpool 2 next week before I give that out.
Dang Black Panther at 2?

It’s all opinions, I liked the movie too, but what did you like about it that much? Just curious

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Only doing mcu
1. Winter solider
2. Infinity war
3. Spider-Man homecoming
4. Black panther
5. Thor ragnarok

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unless I'm missing an obscure one. On the execution of cinematography, acting, feels. How can you not have Logan #1. The rest are entertaining but ultimately it's just wow look how sick that CGI was (aside from Deadpool)

Marvel also REAAALLY needs to work on their music (outside guardians).
Logan was alright, not top 5 for me though. I actually fell asleep during it, lmao

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
There's so many...

Okay, so, I am a bit of an X-Men fanboy, and even though they aren't considered as good as a lot of the MCU movies, I can't help but favour them. Yes, even Last Stand... yes, even Apocalypse. Apocalypse has a special place in my heart because freaking Psylocke is in it and is cool as hell!

So if we can just grab all the X-Men movies and put them into a bundle as my #1 choice, then that would be great.

My #2 would be Avengers 3. Having seen ALL the MCU movies, this was an awesome culmination of them all. It was pure fanservice to see all those characters be in the same movie and work together to fight this one huge enemy, yet having the story of the movie have its main focus on the villain's perspective. It was just perfect. If you haven't seen all the MCU movies though, this movie is not for you, as it really doesn't explain anything about what is happening and who all the characters are.

At #3 I would put Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I love both of the GotG movies, but I just enjoyed this one a lot more, most likely because I was already introduced to the main characters. Usually the "origin" movies feel kinda slow to me, because they are made to introduce us to the characters, so when we get to the sequel, we already know who they are and can just enjoy their adventures.

My #4 is Thor: Ragnarok. The other two Thor movies were really boring to me. I never cared much for Thor, not even in the Avengers movies. Loki is so much more interesting, imo, and I loved him in the first Avengers movie, but Thor always fell short... until Thor: Ragnarok. I haven't laughed that hard for a looong time. Adding more humour to it than in the past movies made it so much better than most of the other MCU movies, imo.

And then my #5 is Deadpool. I haven't seen the second movie yet, but I'm gonna go see it this Tuesday... but the first movie was awesome! Ryan Reynolds is perfect in the role, it's funny, there's tons of cool action and it is just perfect as a Deadpool movie. I already said I wasn't much into origin movies, but they did an excellent job with this one. Hopefully Deadpool 2 will be just as good.

Honourable mentions:
- Black Panther. It was amazing, but at the same time, it felt a bit rushed. I would have loved to have gotten more exposition of Killmonger and M'Baku, both great characters, but not with a lot of screentime. Or rather, not enough screentime, imo. Okoye is so badass and I hope we see more of her.
- Avengers 1. Loki carries this movie through and through, and I love every second he's on the screen. Definitely one of my all-time favourite characters of the MCU.

Movies I am looking forward to:
- Black Widow. I love acrobatic femme fatale characters, and Scarlett Johansson is doing a great job with Black Widow. I hope her movie won't end up being cancelled.

Last edited:

Steven_a

Light Bringer
1. Captain America: The winter soldier
2. Punisher (2004)
3. Logan
4. Deadpool
5. Guardians of the galaxy

Snoop88

Noob
1. X2
2. Ragnarok
3. Blade 2
4. First Class (Fassbender is great!)
5. Spiderman

Still need to watch Infinity War. Logan was very good for the first half. Didn't really liked the second.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor 3: Ragnarok
X-Men : First Class
Blade