What's new

Your roster hopes

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
It's a safe assumption to say we are gonna get more than 2 ninjas. Even MK1 technically had 3. I'm guessing we will get 4.

I'm not entirely sold on the Smoke speculation. The animation he was supposedly seen in was Kotal Kahn's "Sun God" variation, which revolves around burning opponents (tends to create smoke).

I firmly believe Rain is gonna be part of the default, non-dlc cast kast. The other ninja slot will most likely be Ermac, as they were a major part of the post MKDA story. Also, there is the "fan art," which conveniently has illustrations for 3 different variations (labelled v1, v2, v3).

I don't see anymore than 4 ninjas making the initial roster, considering the amount of new characters expected to be introduced.

So, on top of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and Kano; I'm gonna go ahead and say we will likely see Ermac, Rain, Tanya, Shinnok, Liu Kang, Reiko, Li Mei, Havik, Quan Chi, Sektor, Mileena and Ashrah.

That's assuming we will get 16 existing characters and 14 new ones. I expect that a good number of the fallen characters from the forces of light will eventually be DLC. There is too huge of a fanbase for characters like Kitana, Kung Lao and Smoke to completely leave them out.

This is just an observation. Please don't find out where I live and kill my dog/set my apartment on fire because I left Kabal or Reptile out of my roster prediction.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Basically, all the ninjas. Besides them...the shao lin guys, and then... I don't know really, I like almost all that's why it's difficult.

Dark

Noob
This wont be me just choosing my favorite characters, i'll be considering the story and what I actually want the game to look like

Out of only the MK9 characters:

Confirmed: Scorpion, Sub Zero, Raiden, Kano

NEEDS to be in: Quan Chi, Ermac, Reptile, Johnny and Sonya(cutscenes only)
Wouldn't mind if in: Liu Kang, Mileena, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain
Should not be in: Kung Lao, Sindel, Kitana, Jade, Nightwolf, Smoke, Jax, Stryker, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Kabal, Sheeva, Cyber Sub

Most of the should not be in characters are because they are dead and not important enough to the story to be brought back for any reason, or just not important enough in general

I know everyone says no one dies in mortal kombat.. but with the very limited roster because of new characters, do you really think they will bring people like Jade and Kabal back from the dead?

Now onto my actual favorite characters that I'd want in if the story wasn't considered:

Ermac, Sektor, Noob, Kitana, Reptile, Rain, Mileena