What's new

Your preference:MKX's run cancelling combos or MK 9's dashing combos?

Which do you prefer, MKX's running cancel combos or MK9's dashing combos?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So just curious what majority of TYM prefer, between the newer tapping Forward and block to run then cancel into extending combos vs. MK 9's dashing forward to extend combos?

Also, do you want them to keep the running element in future MK's or take it out?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
One is finite, the other isn't, I think we know what the majority will root for.

But yes I like the running system in MKX, gives a sense of economics, responsibility and risk assessment, and that applies to combos themselves, a lot of people's outlook in MK9 was relatively one-dimensional lol.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I dig both systems to be honest. Even though I loved MK9's movement system, I always thought the ability to more or less move extremely quickly while blocking was pretty messed up. I doubt we see a MK game where you can cancel a dash with the block button ever again.

Vagrant

Noob
Easily prefer the MKX mobility. Infinite cancellable dashes in MK9 made the movement a little one dimensional imo. Especially with block.

MKX movement is a little more layered while keeping the potential to quickly advance.

Last edited:

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I will say it like this, I prefer the dash canceling honestly but as far as visual and balance wise I'm pretty sure the run canceling is better for MK. Run combos look way cleaner than dash 1 combos do all day

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
well, mkx not all combos need r/c and a lot still use a simple dash
i like the ability to run tho, just wish they mapped it to the stance button or sometin else

mk9 stance button or mkx stance button? like really NRS wtf, idc

So just curious what majority of TYM prefer, between the newer tapping Forward and block to run then cancel into extending combos vs. MK 9's dashing forward to extend combos?

Also, do you want them to keep the running element in future MK's or take it out?

i prefer run, i just want it to be its own button like in mk3

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I would like MKX's system better if there was a dedicated run button instead off >>BLK. That input just feels awkward to me personally despite the fact that I've gotten used to it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Run combos look better and if people wanted they still do run jab, run jab, run jab, etc,,,with chars like Jax, JC Kano, Sonya, Kenshi and Jacqui from what i played but its juts not practical going by the damage output you can get from other combos, but just shutting down that excuse

Blade4693

VIVIVI
MKX, but like others have said I wish Run just had its own button instead of dash + block, its a little awkward sometimes.