What's new

Your New Year Resolutions?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m personally not a fan of New Year Resolutions. But I’m curious to see if y’all have any. This can be serious things in your life, or things that pertain to gaming.

1. Try to be an even more positive person, and positive influence on others. I generally try to do this anyway, but I sometimes let certain things get the better of me.

2. Try to be less flakey of a person. I always want to do things, always. And usually it’s not in my control not being able to show up. But I want to try to become much better at committing and following through.

3. Try to stick to a fighting game. I don’t mean try to become a top tournament player, that isn’t worth it imo. You have to invest A LOT of time and money and the reward for being one of the best really isn’t even worth it. You have to play 8+ hours a day, travel to most majors, make content, and obtain and keep a sponsor. That is so much you have to do, and even with all that, the reward STILL doesn’t justify how much time and work you have to put into it. However, I wanna keep with a game and become great at it purely for the competitive aspect of it.

4. Win a UMK3 tournament in 2020. There’s at least 2 of them in the US next year. I’m going to both. I really want to win, all there is to it.

5. Speaking of UMK3 I want to try and revitalize it as much as possible. Ketchup has been trying to do this over in the EU and it inspired me. UMK3 is BY FAR my most favorite fighter and I really want others to enjoy it at a high level.

6. Stay on my good eating habits and start a steady exercise regiment. I have quit soda and been trying to make better food choices. I want to be in great shape by this time next year.

7. Find a way to earn passive income or just more money in general.

That’s all I can think of, anyone else?

I have a few this year:

1) I lost two family members this year and my folks are both seniors, and that's really hit home to me. I want to start visiting more and spending more time with them, and also calling my grandfather regularly to enjoy time with them while I can.

2) I suffer from a chronic health condition and 2019 was a rough year for me, and I'm looking for a much better and more stable 2020. I'm going to continue to work towards that goal with my doc.

3) I want to further shift my focus from work to prioritizing more myself and my personal needs. I don't mean quitting or anything, but rather stressing over work less and redefining my priorities.

4) Going hand-in-hand with the health bit, my social life took a huge nose dive this year, and hopefully with better health, I'll be able to turn that around. I used to enjoy a weekend out with friends and the next weekend resting at home and rotate between them, and I'd like to start doing that again.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Have less sex. Honestly that's really it. I realized I slept with like 4 different people multiple times over the course of 2019. Now obviously that's not a ton, but given that I barely even enjoy sex to begin with, and I could genuinely not tell you WHY I slept with those people other than they were cute, I need to stop before I get an STD or something.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Have less sex. Honestly that's really it. I realized I slept with like 4 different people multiple times over the course of 2019. Now obviously that's not a ton, but given that I barely even enjoy sex to begin with, and I could genuinely not tell you WHY I slept with those people other than they were cute, I need to stop before I get an STD or something.
I can relate to that honestly, I scared myself over break

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
#HumbleBrag

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I used to make them but not anymore because it's hard to keep them I find then I get mad at myself for not completing them. So my new years resolution is to not make new years resolutions, just take one step at a time to improve what I want to.

Silence my greatest naysayer, myself. In other words, stop talking myself out of doing things because of uncertainty.

Acquire more knowledge, eg improve a skill or learn something new.

It will be interesting to see if I can actually accomplish these goals this year because it's the same resolution I've had for the last five years. Lol.

It will be interesting to see if I can actually accomplish these goals this year because it's the same resolution I've had for the last five years. Lol.
A way to start is, instead of saying the above, state that you will accomplish this this year!

Immediately challenge and correct any non-positive or pro-active thought!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i need to gtf out of there and go somewhere else, other country would be better, i'm tired of Angola/Africa

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My new years resolution is to spend more time with my baby cousin cause his dad's a crackhead and his mom is a whore so he needs to be around more (semi) well adjusted adults