What's new

Your fave & least fave character/s from the battle arena??

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
After seeing some of the arean battles (haven't seen them all), Green Arrow and Hawkgirl are two of my favorites.

Seeing Wonder Woman in action has really turned me off her. She seems really underwhelming and I probably won't play her now. Especially with that...manface.
I couldn't agree more.

After seeing some of the arean battles (haven't seen them all), Green Arrow and Hawkgirl are two of my favorites.

Seeing Wonder Woman in action has really turned me off her. She seems really underwhelming and I probably won't play her now. Especially with that...manface.
I find it hard to agree with that. We've pretty much had confirmation that the losers in these videos had their movesets showcased a bit more since they won't be seen repeatedly because they have to keep it exciting. So I'm betting Wonder Woman has a few tricks up her sleeve...err...armbands. Stupid sleeveless outfits. :p And I really don't think her face is THAT bad...

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Looks like I'm the only one who liked WW. Just wait till you see her kinda overpowered 'Parry' special.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Harley Quinn and Bane did nothing for me, which is a bummer since we won't be seeing them again until release. Wonder Woman was also a dud but I might disregard that if her next fight looks decent. But these battle arena vids aren't really indicative of anything. Superman's first showing was a nothing, hopefully that will change. SHAZAM! looked kind of meh to me, I'm either/or on him.

Everyone else I really liked one way or the other.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I find it hard to agree with that. We've pretty much had confirmation that the losers in these videos had their movesets showcased a bit more since they won't be seen repeatedly because they have to keep it exciting. So I'm betting Wonder Woman has a few tricks up her sleeve...err...armbands. Stupid sleeveless outfits. :p And I really don't think her face is THAT bad...
Look at the avatar. LOOK AT IT. She practically has stubble.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Favourites: Sinestro, Aquaman, Sex Luthor and Joker. Would say Harley too but I've seen tons of her now.
Least favourites: Superman. Even though I like him he looks boring as all hell.

Amazon

Noob
I for one though WW ha da lot of potential we barely saw any of her moves. Can't wait to see her directional tiaras and parries as well as her clash dialogue with bats.

Best visually: aquaman, sinestro, GL, joker

Bit underwhelming: Grundy bane

Have a feeling there is so much more to the moves set they are not showing us, he'll the kept the clash in as a secret and no one new....

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
FAVORITES
  • Green Arrow
  • Lex Luthor
  • Sinestro
  • Cyborg
  • Solomon Grundy (surprisingly)
Why?
  • I love GA for having a tool for anything and long combos+insane zoning.
  • I love Luthor for his armor, and his incredible space control with the ax and the tandem engine.
  • I love Cyborg for his big combos, and his really mobile style of space control with his projectiles. Lots of mixup potential in there.
  • I love Sinestro for his INSANE mixup/reset potential.
  • I love Grundy for his armor and chain grapples. He could let me down but I can easily see him being a fun ride to take.
Least Favorites
  • Green Lantern
  • Superman
  • Bane
Honestly though the last three I mentioned as my least favorites hardly did anything in their vids so in the next round I really want to see them turn it up with their combos and mixups. Sadly Bane is out, but at least I'll see more of the other two. For now though the feel like they just didn't have as much mixup/combo potential as the guys I mentioned.

Irockz

I am Michael J. Caboose and I HATE BABIES!
Perhaps it was just the person playing him, but Grundy, as an enemy, looks extremely OP to me with his grabwhoring. If the AI doesn't do this, then I'll be okay, but online I imagine he'll be used quite a lot to pummel opponents easily.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Green Arrow looked freakin' OP, especially with that crazy forward dash. Maybe that's because almost all the time he was dominating the match. Hawkgirl seemed cool with flight and flight cancels. Sad that Wonder Woman didn't show more, but hoping she'll be shown next match (which is next friday, right?).
Also I liked Bane. He's like a moving tank. I'll try him out for sure.
Oh yeah, Grundy has sick swag.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Perhaps it was just the person playing him, but Grundy, as an enemy, looks extremely OP to me with his grabwhoring. If the AI doesn't do this, then I'll be okay, but online I imagine he'll be used quite a lot to pummel opponents easily.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that grundy will be free to zoning... His armor will undoubtably be meter related and swamp hands has a pretty long start up... That being said we cannot say anybody is "OP" yet becasue we don't know frame data, armor, damage potential.... unless we are talking about Cyborg.... than DAMN (Day 1 nerf anybody? J/K... kinda)

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
fav: green arrow , luther , joker , cyborg ,aquaman
least fav - grundy , sinestro , , shazam, flash , all females

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
My favorites were Aquaman and Batman. My least favorites were Hawkgirl and believe it or not...Joker. ;_; Still going to play him though.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Pft. Grundy has the ability to grab you; he's OBVIOUSLY broken as fuck.

;_; unrelated but the panels that your avatar is from is kinda sad ;_;

that being said...not only can grundy grab you...HE HAS CHAIN GRAB QUOTES!

;_; unrelated but the panels that your avatar is from is kinda sad ;_;

that being said...not only can grundy grab you...HE HAS CHAIN GRAB QUOTES!
SOLOMON GRUNDY! BORN ON A MONDAY!

Again, all of them look to be entertaining so far, but if I had to pick one I don't really look forward to playing as much, it's Superman. He doesn't seem to have any interesting things up his sleeves. He just seems like a very straightforward bruiser.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
First off over all favorite Billy Batson ofcourse
Also thought grundy and bane look great
Superman suck because hes superman and Billy would kick his ass
SHAZAM!!!
^not a biased post