What's new

Your EVO 2016 MKXL Predictions... If You Dare!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again -- the greatest fighting game spectacle on earth is set to convene again in the dustbowl of Vegas.

And as usual, with it comes a chance for us to stick our necks out for guts or glory, and predict what will happen come the weekend.

Now to note: I am looking for juicy, in depth predictions here (no, "Sonic Fox will probably win" doesn't count). What I want to know:
  • Who will shock the world and rise to an unexpected placing or victory at EVO 2016?
  • Who will fall prey to a memorable upset in pools and possibly not make Finals day?
  • Which characters have been slept on that have potential to wake the world up at EVO?
  • Will "Broken Kano" make Top 8? Jax? D'Vorah?
  • US, Canada, Brexit, EU, SA? How many of each.
  • etc.
If you've got the juice, let's set it loose and enjoy looking back afterwards to see who was right or wrong.

Here we go!

Attachments

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
A mellow fellow named Tackyhaddock will not physically attend the tournament due to a suffocating onslaught of work obligations but will construct a false reality within his head in which he achieves a shocking victory of Leicester City proportions (sending Sonic back to Delaware with his blue tail between his legs) and goes back to his hotel that night with the two or three Mortal Kombat groupies that exist on this planet, blessed by Lord Boon forever.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Who will shock the world? Jagoblake will make top 8
Who won't make top 8? PL
Characters that have been slept on that will show up? Ninjutsu Scorpion
D'Vorah will make top 8
1 EU, Others USA

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again -- the greatest fighting game spectacle on earth is set to convene again in the dustbowl of Vegas.

And as usual, with it comes a chance for us to stick our necks out for guts or glory, and predict what will happen come the weekend.

Now to note: I am looking for juicy, in depth predictions here (no, "Sonic Fox will probably win" doesn't count). What I want to know:

• Who will shock the world and rise to an unexpected placing or victory at EVO 2016?
  • Who will fall prey to a memorable upset in pools and possibly not make Finals day?
  • Which characters have been slept on that have potential to wake the world up at EVO?
  • Will "Broken Kano" make Top 8? Jax? D'Vorah?
  • US, Canada, Brexit, EU, SA? How many of each.
  • etc.
If you've got the juice, let's set it loose and enjoy looking back afterwards to see who was right or wrong.

Here we go!
1) It would be Sonicfox with his Alien Acidic.
2) It would be anybody who has been a prey to Sonicfox. (Sorry, guys)
3) It would be a surprise, if they actually played Ferra/Torr and Reptile. I have never seen them live in these matches.
4) I don't think that they will ever make it. Only those with good buffing combos may make it. It would be a miracle, if Tanya was reaching Top 8 (I know that Dragon used her in the past). This chick is really unplayable.
5) How about we leave the politics out of the gaming? I loathe the politics in the gaming industry. If you are a politician, you tend to DESTROY everything you touch.
6) I was wondering about PND guys having food nicks (Ketchup and Mustard) and thought of this video...

I was wondering when did they decide to nick themselves with these food nicks. What does the PND stand? Some food brand? xD

Top 3 :
1. A F0xy Grampa
2. Sonic Fox
3. Scar or Hayatel

Saltface will make top 8 with Slasher Jason.
Jagoblake will make top 8 with Scorpion

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Sonic, Foxy, Scar, Dragon, Raptor, Hayatei and two other random names will make up the top 8.

Or 2-3 could strike and the top 8 could be completely fucked. I'll actually go with that.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Kitana Prime will make top 8 with Kitana <3 and beat a Takeda with Assasin
Sonic Fox will counterpick Scar's Sonya with Erron Black as usual
Foxy's Mileena will be eliminated by Hollywood, not sure who but I'll just say it's Hollywood
A Jacqui will surprise the world (probably Geogre)
That's my predictions

In all seriousness though, I feel Sonicfox will take it. Would love to be proven wrong though, I'm sure Foxy and Scar are strong contenders. To 32 is going to be wild.