What's new

Your EVO 2016 MKXL Predictions... If You Dare!

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Did everyone forget that Sonic's last noteworthy losing streak (Combo Breaker and this final weeks of the most recent ESL) featured him playing characters he usually didn't and in general not playing the dominant style he usually does, toying with opponents and f'ing off more than normal?

Fox has this, unfortunately. No real point in watching.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Bad Somea, bad Somea. My outrageous prediction is there will only be one Mileena and three Aliens in top 8, with the rest being wide swaths of character changing between Cage, Takeda, Kano and Kotal.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
sonicfox will not make top 2, will be foxy and either dragon or scar. big d will make top 8 losers

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Did everyone forget that Sonic's last noteworthy losing streak (Combo Breaker and this final weeks of the most recent ESL) featured him playing characters he usually didn't and in general not playing the dominant style he usually does, toying with opponents and f'ing off more than normal?
If you call him going from Cassie to Acidic to Gunslinger all in one set not playing his usual characters, then you must not have watched Combo Breaker.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Sonic vs Foxy Grand Finals. 3/2 Sonic decided on final round!

Anyone know if Madzin is going to be at Evo? If so he is my People's Choice pick to win.

Street Fighter 5... Xian is my people's choice pick and I think Tokido vs Infriltration GFinals.

Jynks

sonicfox will not make top 2, will be foxy and either dragon or scar. big d will make top 8 losers
No way.. Tarkatan is exposed. We spent months complaining about NRS patching to fast and not letting the community adapt and then some of the community went nuts about Alien. Meanwhile the good players labed that shit and found its faults.

Tarkatan / Dragon is going to have a really hard time at Evo, that is my prediction on that.

Anyone know if Madzin is going to be at Evo? If so he is my People's Choice pick to win.

Street Fighter 5... Xian is my people's choice pick and I think Tokido vs Infriltration GFinals.
Kinda hard but imagine if Xian won EVO with fang?

Jynks

Kinda hard but imagine if Xian won EVO with fang?
Well I do not believe in tier lists, I think it comes down to player skill. Still I called Xian as "people's champ" meaning I would like him to win, but I doubt it will happen. Though he is the guy I am going for.

Well I do not believe in tier lists, I think it comes down to player skill. Still I called Xian as "people's champ" meaning I would like him to win, but I doubt it will happen. Though he is the guy I am going for.
Yea especially in a game like SF 5 where balance is good, I don't know man Xians been looking very strong lately.,

Somea2V

Thread Referee
If you call him going from Cassie to Acidic to Gunslinger all in one set not playing his usual characters, then you must not have watched Combo Breaker.
I watched it. I admit, I could've been more clear in my statement and that's my fault. He wasn't playing his mains in ESL and at Combo Breaker, he wasn't playing at his usual level (which I did mention both of those things). He was screwing around and lost, not that taking a hit there mattered in the grand scheme of things.

Before those matches and after, he was a runaway train when he played any of those characters or his other mains. It isn't even a question if you acknowledge how badly the kid spanks anyone he plays at a top 8 that he's taking seriously.

I'd love to see him lose, but claiming anyone has a chance over him is just straight denial.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
It's funny when people trip and fumble over themselves in an attempt to embellish what happened so it'll fit their narrative. Oh man, you gais.

Aramonde

Noob
The only way sonic loses is if his alarm doesn't go off to wake him up. And the only people watching him will be Euro's. Im only interested in GGXR and SF5 on sunday.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Madzin not going

Tweedy

Noob
Predictions

Scar will win. Tekken Master will make top 8. Players who mainly play one variation(not counting Foxy) like Dragon and Hayatei, will place unusually low.

I wonder how ready DJT will be. If he's been playing a ton and knows a lot of the matches with Cage, or whoever he's playing, he could totally make top 8.

I also think that Wound will make it far with his C tier character kappa.