What's new

Your DERPEST moment in MK ever?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
When I fight Kano and attempt to rush him down in spite of him having an X-Ray...Brilliant fucking idea >_<.

When Sub-Zero's EX Slide armor stops working mid-slide.

When I start to hate myself for being a Cyrax player after being destroyed by another Cyrax.

Anytime I fight Liu Kang.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Anytime I fight Liu Kang.
Remember! Low, high, high. Blocks both his strings; however he CAN hit you with a mid but it links to nothing. But yeah, his emasculated screams while he carries me to the wall with his overly simplified combos pisses me off lol

Enenra

Go to hell.
When my Rain watches Kitana levitate in the air and throw fan after fan. And I'm like "Oh ya I'll jump at her." And then I'm like, "Oh ya I'll teleport." Nevermind all the FREAKING ARMOR I HAVE I'll just keep on jumping into her fans.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I jump into Kitanas fans more tha I should, she's just bad luck for me. Kinda like the "Ooh candy!" moment you guys were talking about.

Also when I fight Cryax I find myself eating more damage than I have to because I don't know how to fight him because I hardly ever fight good ones. But I guess thats a good thing, I would pull my hair out if I had to fight Cyrax on a regular bases.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I also derp when I play rain and I do 4 3, and instead of roundhouse, watter bubble comes out and rain stands there with his hands out waiting to br full comboed......major derp

HangNail

TrevarThePastor
Every single time I fight sub zero, he ice clones and I go "hey! I need to jump in!".......the bigest derp ever
THIS FUCKING THIS!!!! This is the reason everyone in my house knows of my hatred toward sub zero(yes Im a talker when I play :). Him and his damn barriers make me ice derp every time!

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
oh i do that everyday,numerous times! i used to get so angry fighting sub,now i just pick quan chi.
mines proberly when i play as shang and i try forward 4 into ground skull and a neutral jump kick comes out,god that looks so fucking shit,saying that my shang is pretty terrible so i doubt most of my opponents notice that one mistake in particular.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
My opponent just neutral ducking and me jumping at him and eating an uppercut. I'm like "Why? Why do I keep jumping when I see him just neutral ducking there?"

Getting caught several times in a row by Rain's thunder on my wake-up.

Glowing with Jade and automatically starting b1 and getting hit by numerous d4's.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I don't know if this qualifies, but playing online in a KotH on the Medina stream vs Michaelangelo and we both did random... I landed on Kratos not knowing wtf do to or caring one way or the other. Almost hit the power button lol

Random in a KotH room where if you lose, you wait for 30 minutes to play again in hella lag is durpy so I guess this works.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
What's derpier than that is losing to a noob that used Kratos...and forgetting to block the Hermes Dash...big time derp.

My opponent just neutral ducking and me jumping at him and eating an uppercut. I'm like "Why? Why do I keep jumping when I see him just neutral ducking there?"
way back gametime was doing this to me lmfao. after a while i found it hilarious and did nothing but jump-in and eat uppercut after uppercut.

my derpest moment... probably when i SS kratos (never bothered learning that homo). in my head i ask "where do we go from here?"

also when i'm dash blocking in on a cyrax, mess up my blocking and get caught with a net. round over

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
This happened to me at Fausty Frostings IV, last month:

I was in the second round of Loser's Bracket, going up against one of the local Chicago-area GGA players (can't remember who). I was Sub-Zero, he was Noob.

Long story short, he's wrecking me badly. He's executing brilliant zoning, keeping me out for most of the match. Final round, match point for him: I'm in the corner and he's just outside sweep range. I ice clone about a split second before he does his teleport slam. At this point, anyone who's familiar with the SZ - Noob matchup, you've probably seen how an ice clone will still catch Noob post-teleport slam as he's rolling back onto his feet if the clone was released at the right time.

What makes this different, though, was that when he did hit the ice clone, he was perfectly upside-down. The top of his head is laying against the ground. So I'm all, "FINALLY, some momentum (hah, that's kind of a funny look for him), ok, corner pressure time, gonna start with a 214 and go from there...."

What ACTUALLY happened was, somehow, 11 comes out. One wakeup rising knee from Noob later, I'm saying goodbye to my tournament life, for that day.

:confused:

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Every time I face Sindel (I once ate three projectiles in a row, and not dash blocking for some reason and kept getting hit by her wake up all the time...and that x ray...I always block high when she does it).

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
A few months ago, I was playing a pretty regular sub-zero. Ice Clones and Ice Balls all match. Well, I had no problem bating his slides but my god I kept dive kicking right into his ice clones. It was compulsive or something. I could be half a screen away and I'd still do it! Anyway, I lost the match and felt like such a dumbass.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
A few months ago, I was playing a pretty regular sub-zero. Ice Clones and Ice Balls all match. Well, I had no problem bating his slides but my god I kept dive kicking right into his ice clones. It was compulsive or something. I could be half a screen away and I'd still do it! Anyway, I lost the match and felt like such a dumbass.
If SZ didn't hit like a mazda miata, I think a lot more people would respect his clones lol

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I get a derp moment EVERY SINGLE match when Im low health and throw a desperation teleport as ermac and they ALWAYS see it coming.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Trying to do the same move over and over, even though I was already punished for it the first few times. I still do this btw :oops:

Jumping into Sub's ice clones

Jumping at Noob