What's new

YOU WILL SUBMIT! Pig Of The Hut Wins BnB in ATL with Sinestro!

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Skeleton Minion's play should be handed out as the playbook for Doomsday. No random teleports, smart footsie based, and very reactionary, picking when to go full ham and when to hang back, with amazing corner control.
IMO the one thing that could have helped him greatly is using D+1 more, it's DDs fastest attack. In the later games Pig was countering him after strings and Venom [MB] because he tried using slower moves; it didn't help him either that Venom [MB] doesn't really have the advantage on block the game lists.

Other than that his gameplay was really solid and dominating.

cyke_out

Noob
I noticed the lack of d1 after MB venom, but before pig was content to block, so it made sense to pressure with moves that had even stronger frame advantage, then Pig saw that was went to d1 to stop the slower moves. Minion should have also read that and d1'ed first.. mind games! of course we can play armchair hindsight quarterback all we back, it doesn't take away anything from either player.

Agreed

in 10 games he teleported maybe 6-7 times and 3 he did were guarenteed in corner on knockdown

Completely agree w this
And this is what happened versus a player who knew how to handle doomsday's options. People screaming for nerfs to doomsday needs to learn how to counter doomsday shit. doomsday players screaming for buffs once people handle your shit need to level up.

Once the entire community understands how to block ES or supernova, it doesn't mean doomsday is suddenly going to drop, he's still a great character that requires a great player using him.

I wish I coulda made it out there! dick grayson needs victims / "sparring partners" . but alas I was stuck in a factory for 12 hours slaving away on night shift.

@Pig Of The Hut
any good places in GA to get locals with people ? i know BnB and GA tech have stuff going on , but i live out towards UWG and have shitty internet =/

SZSR

Noob
Georgia Tech has weeklies as well? Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this? :(
Cause it depends on who brings a setup, last semester had virtually no MK there. This semester more and more people are coming out so you'll have more and varied setups (i.e., Melty Blood, Smash games, Tekken, SF, Injustice, Marvel, etc.)

SZSR

Noob
What days are ya'll there? Im still new to the FGC scene.
Well Spring Semester literally just ended today but it's every Friday and there are gonna be people here tonight.

I'm not sure about what's gonna happen with the summer semester though.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Im surprised that there is a scene here in GA. I need to make it out to one of these BnBs in the near future.
Atl has been extremely active In fighting games a long time

Definitely should hang out w is in our gatherings and tourneys

They're hella fun

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why could I not make this. At least I made an A on my presentation. Darn, school being a priority.
I wish I coulda made it out there! dick grayson needs victims / "sparring partners" . but alas I was stuck in a factory for 12 hours slaving away on night shift.

@Pig Of The Hut
any good places in GA to get locals with people ? i know BnB and GA tech have stuff going on , but i live out towards UWG and have shitty internet =/
Georgia Tech has weeklies as well? Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this? :(
yea definitely most every friday

Trepound380 can you guys make a thread about this?

Also honestly there are a ton of Georgia players on here that are new that ive never met and might not know about what all we do in ATL. I strongly strongly suggest you guys join us so as a whole we can level up. Its pretty evident we already have a ton of talent here

Congrats Pig Of The Hut

Did you get a chance to pull off that 47% reset you spoke of earlier?
whats the reset?

Congrats Pigestro!
Not sure, Pig said he didn't post it because he wanted to show it off at BnB.

Ok Ill make a thread on this now

but you can see it here :) not escapable

ji2 b13 b3 ji2 b12 shackles JI2 *reset here* d1 (+14 on hit) b2 (14 frame overhead) (doesnt matter at this point if overhead hit or was blocked) If blocked do arachnid MB int0 14% unblockable added damage (47%) if the B2 HITS do d1 shackles (theres the reset) then proceed to b3 ji3 b213 for added 27% (i think its 27% added)

either way MB ARACHNID is unblockable within strings on block and hits high so you do b2 to make the arachnid hit.

I will explain this and show this to a hella extent in my video guide and again i havent made it yet because i keep hearing about a rumored patch this tuesday so im not making a video for something that could change in 4 days

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/398769606
@11:20

Dayvo

My english it's not good
but you can see it here :) not escapable

ji2 b13 b3 ji2 b12 shackles JI2 *reset here* d1 (+14 on hit) b2 (14 frame overhead) (doesnt matter at this point if overhead hit or was blocked) If blocked do arachnid MB int0 14% unblockable added damage (47%) if the B2 HITS do d1 shackles (theres the reset) then proceed to b3 ji3 b213 for added 27% (i think its 27% added)

either way MB ARACHNID is unblockable within strings on block and hits high so you do b2 to make the arachnid hit.
Genius. Training mode time