What's new

Match-up Discussion You stink of stench - Lobo Match-up Chart

REO

Undead
Alright guys, so I officially had my last games with Lobo for online yesterday. Here is my match-up chart for what I think so far. I will be picking up a new (and hopefully permanent) main next week.

5-5 = relatively even
6-4 = slight advantage
7-3 = advantage
8-2 = big advantage

5-5 Ares
4-6 Batman
5-5 Catwoman
5-5 Deathstroke
4-6 Cyborg
5-5 The Flash
4-6 Nightwing
5-5 Green Arrow
4-6 Superman
5-5 Raven (when she walks back, she makes low chain whiff sometimes lul)
4-6 Aquaman
4-6 Wonder Woman
4-6 Hawkgirl
5-5 Shazam
5-5 Joker
5-5 Harley Quinn
3-7 Solomon Grundy
5-5 Lex Luthor
4-6 Killer Frost
4-6 Doomsday
5-5 Sinestro
4-6 Black Adam
4-6 Green Lantern
5-5 Bane

Discuss.

Superman lobo feels like 7 - 3 to me. Laser hell is a pain in the arse

How do you deal with hawkgirls bullshit? I do agree with the 6 4 but you sometimes have to suffer a ton of seemingly safe crap from runaway hawkgirls. Is there any way to punish mace charge besides reaction mb 3?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
NO
just no

here comes the fanclub, "I totaly agree with this shit, right on man!!! Want a mouthhug?"

REO

Undead
Superman lobo feels like 7 - 3 to me. Laser hell is a pain in the arse

How do you deal with hawkgirls bullshit? I do agree with the 6 4 but you sometimes have to suffer a ton of seemingly safe crap from runaway hawkgirls. Is there any way to punish mace charge besides reaction mb 3?
Superman could be 3-7. I just have him as 4-6 now because he wake-ups are not that good. Aside from using b+3~meter burn, you can do a neutral jump attack to bait the charge, but it is risky.

Karried I may next week. I'm thinking about it.

NO
just no

here comes the fanclub, "I totaly agree with this shit, right on man!!! Want a mouthhug?"
No need for the "fan club" to come along when the delusional folk have set base and refuse to argue any match-up points.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
REO
You're going to grab Batgirl now, eh?
What happens when (and IF) Lobo gets the buffs you feel he should get? Will you return to the Main Man.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
REO
imma wait
if im dilusional for waiting for a character to actualy develope before stomping on them before they even breaathe
then yea im the god of the dilusionals

and anyways the remark about the fanclub wasnt directed toward you, I actually respect you, it was directed toward everyone that plays follow the leader, how does that help? people need to agree with you because they too believe what you say, not just because you said it. the best systems of the world are the ones that have been challenged n become stronger because of it. I just don't like people that go with the crowd just to go with it. Before you posted your rant, everyone was yeaaaa Lobo is great, s tier, now look... why?

no i dont agree with your placings for the matchups, not even one 6-4.... but thats my oppionion. You have yours and made them very clear, its not necessarly wrong, i just don't believe your word enough is enough proof, I'm sorry but thats how I feel. We can discuss, but does it really matter what I say? Is a debate equal for both sides when the audience favors one side to start with? I rather Lobo not be judged until he has a fair trial, which he has not yet.

No disrepect dude, take it how you want it

REO

Undead
REO
imma wait
if im dilusional for waiting for a character to actualy develope before stomping on them before they even breaathe
then yea im the god of the dilusionals

and anyways the remark about the fanclub wasnt directed toward you, I actually respect you, it was directed toward everyone that plays follow the leader, how does that help? people need to agree with you because they too believe what you say, not just because you said it. the best systems of the world are the ones that have been challenged n become stronger because of it. I just don't like people that go with the crowd just to go with it. Before you posted your rant, everyone was yeaaaa Lobo is great, s tier, now look... why?

no i dont agree with your placings for the matchups, not even one 6-4.... but thats my oppionion. You have yours and made them very clear, its not necessarly wrong, i just don't believe your word enough is enough proof, I'm sorry but thats how I feel. We can discuss, but does it really matter what I say? Is a debate equal for both sides when the audience favors one side to start with? I rather Lobo not be judged until he has a fair trial, which he has not yet.

No disrepect dude, take it how you want it
I do want to be wrong and every day I hope I am with Lobo, because I do want him to be a great character. But usually in the end when I discuss with players why they feel Lobo is good in a certain match or etc., I go into it again with a new approach and it's the same result - uphill battle. I have no problem discussing things out with any player, but I've yet to hear anything that makes some of these bad matches even. It's usually the Lobo player arguing against me that hasn't played a top notch player in the specific match-up he is arguing for. When they do, their opinion suddenly changes and they see where I'm coming from.

This all is starting to remind me of the dilemma with Cyber Sub-Zero back in MK9. He was my main for a short while because I thought he was awesome. I was the first person to point out concerns regarding the character early in the game, and everyone jumped my throat on it. Then we gradually saw him fall from high tier, to mid tier, to low tier. I tried to fight for that character hard and get him some buffs he deserved, but the community was content he was a great characters because of "dive kicks", "broken parry", "hard to zone him", and other things that soon became underwhelming. Characters like Reptile, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, and even Sonya were buffed over him. I just don't want this to happen to Lobo, but I feel it's becoming the case.

RipNasty

Whatever, body splash.
I do want to be wrong and every day I hope I am with Lobo, because I do want him to be a great character. But usually in the end when I discuss with players why they feel Lobo is good in a certain match or etc., I go into it again with a new approach and it's the same result - uphill battle. I have no problem discussing things out with any player, but I've yet to hear anything that makes some of these bad matches even. It's usually the Lobo player arguing against me that hasn't played a top notch player in the specific match-up he is arguing for. When they do, their opinion suddenly changes and they see where I'm coming from.

This all is starting to remind me of the dilemma with Cyber Sub-Zero back in MK9. He was my main for a short while because I thought he was awesome. I was the first person to point out concerns regarding the character early in the game, and everyone jumped my throat on it. Then we gradually saw him fall from high tier, to mid tier, to low tier. I tried to fight for that character hard and get him some buffs he deserved, but the community was content he was a great characters because of "dive kicks", "broken parry", "hard to zone him", and other things that soon became underwhelming. Characters like Reptile, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, and even Sonya were buffed over him. I just don't want this to happen to Lobo, but I feel it's becoming the case.
It's good to give attention to this stuff now. We had a real balance patch today after the game's been out for just over a month... can't remember how soon the first MK9 balance patch came but either way, identify the problem and fix it. NRS seems on board with that philosophy.

I'm curious about the 3-7 Grundy matchup. Is it really just that Grundy's a better Lobo in your face?

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Superman could be 3-7. I just have him as 4-6 now because he wake-ups are not that good. Aside from using b+3~meter burn, you can do a neutral jump attack to bait the charge, but it is risky.

Karried I may next week. I'm thinking about it.

No need for the "fan club" to come along when the delusional folk have set base and refuse to argue any match-up points.
Oh yeah it'll be awesome to see what the great REO can do with Deathjoke. Good luck picking him up after the Deathnerf.

This all is starting to remind me of the dilemma with Cyber Sub-Zero back in MK9. I tried to fight for that character hard and get him some buffs he deserved, but the community was content he was a great characters because of "dive kicks", "broken parry", "hard to zone him", and other things that soon became underwhelming. Characters like Reptile, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, and even Sonya were buffed over him. I just don't want this to happen to Lobo, but I feel it's becoming the case.
So hypothetically, are you saying that as time passes and it becomes public knowledge that Lobo does indeed need a buff NRS "will still not" grant him the ascendancy even if he needs it?

I respect your opinions as it clearly shows you put thought into them before scribing them onto here. That said, naturally as a Lobo mainer, I'm curious as to what shapes your thoughts on your statement I qouted above.

Also, you being a top level pro competitor, tester, and Injustice insider. If you can share your opinions on disseminating the following I would greatly appreciate it:

1) Do you see the recent slight buffs as a good thing by NRS for not actually going all out and painting Lobo with buffs, instead they kept it lite to allow further character exploration so as to assign heavy buffs properly in the future?

2) Or do you feel the opposite - they should had went in heavy with the buffs?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I personally think they are slightly changing things a little bit at a time since they still have at least two more opportunities to lump character adjustments in with their dlc patches for free. Not to mention they might get even more of those opportunities if there is a second season of DLC.

I say give it time and we can adjust as we need to. But until then, I believe we should spend less time debating over matchups and more time finding out what this character can actually do. Not that matchup debates are stupid or anything, because they are definitely valuable.

someone please give me a tip or somehow help to understand the timing on his b+1,2 xx d+1 into Czar throw combo someone please help me............. ive been at it for hours and cant do it

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
someone please give me a tip or somehow help to understand the timing on his b+1,2 xx d+1 into Czar throw combo someone please help me............. ive been at it for hours and cant do it
Hit the d1 at the instant right before they hit the ground. It seems like you should be hitting it slightly earlier than that, but that's my advice.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Lobo vs GL is 8-2 there is now punish for lantarns might at sweep everything to slow even his dash is usless IMO