What's new

"You can't run from a God, Hanzo" Raiden says in MKX Comic Chapter 10

FOXSOLID

Noob
That's more so a variation though, not an element to him that we've seen (as of yet at least) the hellfire and spectre aspect yes, but haven't seen Scorpion actually "use demons" more so what I'm saying. I don't see him whipping Raiden's ass lol. He'll prob get a few good shots in, but noticed Scorpion already took his dagger away so even Scorpion knows any edge Raiden has is dangerous. Still, Raiden beat him in MK9 without the kamidogu anyway in Netherrealm no less.
It doesn't matter if you see him whipping Raiden's ass....if the comic illustrates it....it happened. You need to stop being so confident. Scorpion is more than capable of pummeling Raiden.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It doesn't matter if you see him whipping Raiden's ass....if the comic illustrates it....it happened. You need to stop being so confident. Scorpion is more than capable of pummeling Raiden.
You're assuming though too, lol but it doesn't matter because neither is going to kill the other or can. Raiden's an immortal Thunder God, Scorpion can't do jack to him and Scorpion's already dead but Raiden already beat him once already in the canon MK 9 storymode which also illustrated such. Seriously man, if Kahn and Shinnok failed against Raiden what makes you think Scorpion would do better? I'm a big MK nut and love the ninjas but even I know Scorpion would lose to Raiden if Raiden was serious.

Only way Scorpion would beat Raiden flat out as in nearly kill him would be if he was amped by the Elder Gods and Raiden was weakened or through PIS=plot induced stupidity.

Scorpion is a solid character right now. I hope they stop with the "angry at everyone" thing and go on with this reasonable and mysterious concept. I hope he teams up with Kuai Liang and destroy Quan chi for good.

Deep nerd talk now.
Scorpion killing Raiden? please.
The Thunder God can destroy ANYONE if he wants to.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How about both sides of the argument stop debating something completely useless as I tell you that they're going to work together in the next comic anyway, making your points/discussion unnecessary in relation to the comics. If you want to discuss that feel free to do so in the general discussion threads for your characters or something :p

How about both sides of the argument stop debating something completely useless as I tell you that they're going to work together in the next comic anyway, making your points/discussion unnecessary in relation to the comics. If you want to discuss that feel free to do so in the general discussion threads for your characters or something :p
You are just jealous because the debate is not about Fujin vs Scorpion

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I would like to point out the the comics will not spoil the story in MKX, it is the same as the injustice comics where it sets up what happens before the story of it, you wont get the full story unless you read the comics
Really? I was under the assumption that the comic jumps ahead 20 years or so after MK9. Is this false?

Scorpion could literally raise all kinds of hell on earth and you think he can't whip Raiden's ass with that? I never said one will kill the other...Raiden clearly couldn't kill Scorpion in their previous fight either.

Stop over crediting Raiden...dude's an incompetent moron to boot.
Superman vs batman. Somehow the writers pis batman beating superman, even though batman is human and superman can move planets.

Comics can write whatever they want, superman is basically a god and if you go by feats, would destroy batman just as raiden would destroy scorpion. Ermac should be able to literally rip anyone apart without even trying but yet he loses to mortals.

So yes if you wanna use pis as to why scorpion would win then we can say it's because raiden is possessed and not at his full potential.

And guess what your pis had the all powerful scorpion tied up and could have been slaughtered by forest fox because he was "sleeping". Lol yeah these comics are real accurate

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Really? I was under the assumption that the comic jumps ahead 20 years or so after MK9. Is this false?
sort of, it takes place right before the Mkx game story line, it does take place around 20 years after but it is still before the games story line

FOXSOLID

Noob
Superman vs batman. Somehow the writers pis batman beating superman, even though batman is human and superman can move planets.

Comics can write whatever they want, superman is basically a god and if you go by feats, would destroy batman just as raiden would destroy scorpion. Ermac should be able to literally rip anyone apart without even trying but yet he loses to mortals.

So yes if you wanna use pis as to why scorpion would win then we can say it's because raiden is possessed and not at his full potential.

And guess what your pis had the all powerful scorpion tied up and could have been slaughtered by forest fox because he was "sleeping". Lol yeah these comics are real accurate
You mean the all sleeping Hanzo Hasashi don't you? Last I recall...he taps into Scorpion and breaks free instantly.

Scorpion cannot be killed by Raiden...or anyone really. I'm not saying Scorpion kills Raiden either...but I am saying that he can beat his ass. Stop making excuses for Raiden because even you know it's a possibility.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
What if Raiden IS the "big bad"? Or he may turn into it after use of that dagger. Then I wouldn't mind seeing Liu Kang come back.

I'm still hoping it's either Havik or Shang Tsung but Raiden would make the story very interesting.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Stop over crediting Raiden...dude's an incompetent moron to boot.
These comments make me lol every time. I'm very eager to see you guys being competent and saving everyone when Law of Narrative Casualty that is the only true power in your universe says "now everyone dies for no reason because drama". Yeah, it wasn't well-written and so didn't persuade anyone, I can understand that.

Tbh Raiden is the only reason Armageddon ending did not happen, Earthrealm still exists and entire creation was not reverted into embodiment of primordial evil by Shao Kahn's reckless actions. If you think you can avert serious threat to the realm and entire creation without taking losses, it wasn't serious to begin with.

Seriously though, writers can do whatever. They are true gods of that universe after all. Kinda the reason all these discussions about "power levels" (just think about how idiotic that sounds) are pointless and moot.

See ya in "Raiden-Scorpion MU" thread :p

Last edited:

Youphemism

Kind of, about 15-20 yearsish I think at the moment.
What if Raiden IS the "big bad"? Or he may turn into it after use of that dagger. Then I wouldn't mind seeing Liu Kang come back.

I'm still hoping it's either Havik or Shang Tsung but Raiden would make the story very interesting.
Nah it wouldn't be Raiden, we can see he's fine in the story trailer. I don't think Mileena is the only baddie though...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Nah it wouldn't be Raiden, we can see he's fine in the story trailer.
My guess that they wouldn't sneak huge spoilers into trailer. Nothing really stops him from going off rails, for one reason or another. He will probably shake off possession before game events proper start, but who knows what will happen next.

I don't think Mileena is the only baddie though...
I don't even think she's a baddie. We only see her trying to reclaim the throne so far. Not nice things then to be done with goals like that, but that's it.

Excited to see scorpion in MKX story once it drops, from the look of the trailer he will have a lot more dialogue and meaning in this installment then any other previous MK, he will be a teacher, and a mentor, as well as the hellfire crazed ninja bent on revenge we all know and love...;)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Excited to see scorpion in MKX story once it drops, from the look of the trailer he will have a lot more dialogue and meaning in this installment then any other previous MK, he will be a teacher, and a mentor, as well as the hellfire crazed ninja bent on revenge we all know and love...;)
Unless writers will drop a bridge on his student(s) :p

mattteo

Noob
Scorpion is a solid character right now. I hope they stop with the "angry at everyone" thing and go on with this reasonable and mysterious concept. I hope he teams up with Kuai Liang and destroy Quan chi for good.
Quan Chi destroyed?
Nah, he's gonna humiliate Scorpy and Subzy again. They're just not on his level of awesomeness

Youphemism

My guess that they wouldn't sneak huge spoilers into trailer. Nothing really stops him from going off rails, for one reason or another. He will probably shake off possession before game events proper start, but who knows what will happen next.
Well yeah, I mean they didn't even show all the playable characters in the trailer, but I think it's clear enough that the story is going to be about the SF Kids team. The red cloud is probably going to be the other part to the story and Raiden will be involved since he knows about the blood magik Kamidogu (which is probably what the red cloud is about and we'll find out what's behind the Kamidogu and blood magik tomorrow :D)
I don't even think she's a baddie. We only see her trying to reclaim the throne so far. Not nice things then to be done with goals like that, but that's it.
Well Kotal is trying to ally with Earthrealm so I wouldn't see him as the bad guy on that side of the War. Mileena will be a baddie, but I'm not convinced she's the only one.

You mean the all sleeping Hanzo Hasashi don't you? Last I recall...he taps into Scorpion and breaks free instantly.

Scorpion cannot be killed by Raiden...or anyone really. I'm not saying Scorpion kills Raiden either...but I am saying that he can beat his ass. Stop making excuses for Raiden because even you know it's a possibility.
Yeah he broke free... Once he woke up lol.
Also the only reason you say scorpion can't die is because he can walk in and out of the nether realm. Something raiden can also do.

Seriously you can't think scorpion on the same level ass raiden can you? As stated raiden and shinnok nearly destroyed the whole realm. Also stated already, raiden basically brushed scorpion aside in mk9 to get to quan.

Just some more refreshment. Kang beat scorpion AND quan at the same time. Kang beat Khan twice. Raiden beat Kang. So Raiden > Scorpion. And we all know noob is the better spectre anyway

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well Kotal is trying to ally with Earthrealm so I wouldn't see him as the bad guy on that side of the War. Mileena will be a baddie, but I'm not convinced she's the only one.
Kotal basically seeks allies of convenience to his own end, I'd say that's it...
Well, there's a possibility that she will end up being and antagonist, but without her eating some puppies I don't see her as a baddie in my book. Probably a matter of terminology more than anything though.

Youphemism

Kotal basically seeks allies of convenience to his own end, I'd say that's it...
Well, there's a possibility that she will end up being and antagonist, but without her eating some puppies I don't see her as a baddie in my book. Probably a matter of terminology more than anything though.
Yeah, I'm expecting big things from mysterious-demon-from-another-realm-that's-causing-chaos *winkwinknudgenudge* with those damn Kamidaggers and that damn blood magik. We've only seen red clouds in the story trailer but that's our indication that it'll have a big part in the story too.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Jesus even Shoa Khan needed some kind of power buff to take on Raiden, Cannon wise Raiden may be the strongest.

Shinnok, Fujin, Quan, Shang and maybe Fire God Liu kang can give him a run for his money, but i say they all fall short, BUT if they teamed together Raiden is a gonner

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't see how power levels are moot...lol that's like saying Batman can beat Presence cause "He's Batman" lol

@brizzle Good point, especially on the Ermac and Batman points lol. I love DC way more than Marvel and even I'll admit people overhype the fuck out of Batman, this one guy on comicvine tried telling me "batman can beat everyone in MK" I just laughed at him...tried telling me his "suit would be Raiden and Sub-Zero proof" I was like wow...really man? And I suppose his "suit" is TK proof too when Ermac lifts him and breaks him in half? lol

Comics are a better form of showing more feats in that medium than say a limited 2 hour storyline vid game or moive, but I admit like you said it's all about the writer trying to make certain fights interesting. I bet you if Scorpion some how gets a few punches in on Raiden here, it'll be because Raiden is weaker or not in his mind at the moment because anyone who follows MK and knows their levels of power should know Raiden would murk him and probably most of the MK roster if he really wanted to. One very good thing about the MKX comics aside from seeing more feats for MK characters now, is that being said when I see MK vs. DC/Marvel guy here topics I know now it's not so onesided or have to hear that bullshit about "MK characters have no feats, are just street leveler" blah, blah.

@Onilordasmodeus I think you'd love to chime in this topic, since you and I are always informing people on CV about MK characters.

Jesus even Shoa Khan needed some kind of power buff to take on Raiden, Cannon wise Raiden may be the strongest.

Shinnok, Fujin, Quan, Shang and maybe Fire God Liu kang can give him a run for his money, but i say they all fall short, BUT if they teamed together Raiden is a gonner
Unless of course it's EG amped or Elder God Raiden, then he thinks and kills them all lol since they're like ominipotent and all. I so want to see Elder God Raiden do something crazy like merge realms or create new ones. Just think if normal Raiden during MK 4 intro states centuries ago the first time he fought Shinnok he nearly destroyed Earth lol, that's normal Raiden going all out can you imagine Elder God Raiden?

Last edited:
I agree with @MKF30 I kind of think full on God Raiden is something we didn't see much in MK9, but got a glimpse of when Raiden fucks Motaros shit up. That type of Raiden looks to be something we'll be getting this time around and i'm excited as fuck.

Also going off of that, the fact that they almost destroyed the earth just from fighting speaks for itself. I don't know if that was Tobias' vision of how powerful they really are but they've never shown that type of power in any of the games, I hope they demonstrate that in MKX.