What's new

YOMI DJT Wins Mortal Kombat X at CEO 2015!

kevkopdx

Noob
They are designed to save your ass if you've got two bars and you're about to be chipped out.
while your opponent racks up meter to punish whatever you can do... ive yet to see where this mechanic works in favor of wasting two bars, it might as well not exist

coolwhip

Noob
while your opponent racks up meter to punish whatever you can do... ive yet to see where this mechanic works in favor of wasting two bars, it might as well not exist
It should never work out in the favor of the person who's spending the bars. You're breaking what the opponent is doing, not through your own skills, but through a mechanic that the game is allowing you to use...why should it work out in your favor? Your opponent deserves to rack up meter because he's the one initiating the offense.

You think NRS are so dumb that they didn't see how rarely this mechanic will be used? I'm pretty sure that was the whole point. It was never meant to be used like it was in Injustice, especially since chip damage is far more significant in this game and being able to just spend a bar to escape would really hamper some characters.

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
It should never work out in the favor of the person who's spending the bars. You're breaking what the opponent is doing, not through your own skills, but through a mechanic that the game is allowing you...why should it work out in your favor? Your opponent deserves to rack up meter because he's the one initiating the offense.

You think NRS are so dumb that they didn't see how rarely this mechanic will be used? I'm pretty sure that was the whole point. It was never meant to be used like it was in Injustice, especially since chip damage is far more significant in this game and being able to just spend a bar to escape would really hamper some characters.
so blocking correctly till you die if you dont have two meters is cool though? lol safe 5050s are worse

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Great Sets... just finished watching Pools and TOP 8.

DJT... What can you say.. amazing.. GM-Sub 4 da win.. Nurff Tanya? No.. Nurff DJT!! From now on you must play with two fingers taped together.

Shouts out to Sonic Fox... so close man! Wish you did better and hope to see you top 8 next time!

Honybee, Dizzy, Gross, D.R and some of the other "independents" who got knocked out of pools... you all rock.. Fight the Yomi!

And great stuff TS and Funky... as someone that can hardly win a match in real life, the streams are what makes the torny scene work for us casuals.

Finally to CEO.. what a blast.. I can not imaging the work you put in and all you ask of us casuals is to .. well nothing. Free coverage, casting and all that.. amazing. So thanks from the heart!

coolwhip

Noob
so blocking correctly till you die if you dont have two meters is cool though? lol safe 5050s are worse
Poke, armor, backdash, etc...

Yes, some pressure strings like Lao's 112124~ex hat spin are uninterruptable and could be looped a couple of times if the Lao player has meter. But if you think the solution to that is to change a gameplay mechanic that would address this problem but screw over a host of other characters then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
yeah, that is why I listed them and then also added a general shout out to all the others knocked out in pools. lol

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
I'm a relative unknown in MK?

... But I made top 5 with Noob Saibot at CEO 2012. I'm such a fraud. :-/
Honestly, when I saw the Top 8 for CEO.. I was like 'who da fuq is DR ?' and I was even at one point saying to myself 'maybe they mean DR Gross' but then I remembered 'no hold up but Gross is in losers he cant be in it twice..lol yeah.. So I pretty much didnt know who you were until now.... Your officially Hollywood now bro.. Your Shinnok was entertaining to watch and quite refreshing to see cuz Tanyas flooded top 8... Congrats again..

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Major props to REO for placing 3rd and that clutch win against the Fox. While I am generally not a big fan of mirror matches, that Tanya mirror was one of the most insane spectacles, and it showed that REO is indisputably still top 5.

Matix218

Get over here!
DR got robbed with that spark.

I didn't even realize DR still played fighting games since I had not seen him since like 2012 with his Noob (which btw was the best Noob bar none)

It was cool to see his shinnok at CEO

I really was hoping he would take the whole thing

Landonio

n00b
So can someone make a vid of DJT's entire walk-out set to the Jurassic Park theme and in super slow-mo? I'm at work and can't do it, but I'll take some credit in the description. :DOGE