What's new

YOMI DJT Wins Mortal Kombat X at CEO 2015!

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
i remember this site posting a lot of long writeups for locals and figured this was the way to go, but maybe things have changed since i last read front-page stuff. thanks!
Write up was amazing, I was out the whole day and missed top 8. Thanks to your so detailed post, I'll be able to skip everything till GFs when watching the archive. So informative, thanks a lot!

coolwhip

Noob
I really think the block breaker will get buffed soon, they should at least. They're useless right now when they're needed the most. Get rid of the breaker stamina penalty and make block breakers cost less, imo.
IMO this screws over characters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Cage, etc... all the while making 50/50's even more dominant since you can't block breaker when you guess wrong.

Block breakers work fine in this game. People are fine with combo breakers costing two bars because they're more damaging than a block string, but block breakers are not designed to work like push blocks in Injustice, but rather, to save you from certain death. So yeah, if I outplayed you at a given moment to be able to initiate a block string that will kill you, and you want to escape it to avoid losing the match, I deserve to make you spend two bars of meter. Why should a lifeline cost less?

Last edited:
Who did Dizzy lose to in pools? I gotta know. I actually did see Nikolass but figured Dizzy never showed up or something. Damn... Is Raiden even top anymore?
People said f1 being high was not a hard nerf. What the non raiden players don't know is that made him lose all pressure and lose his only good mid. Hes free to d1s now and pretty much revolves around his 50/50. Still top sure, but if he loses his OS and his only mixup is -63 lol, I don't think he'll be top anymore

IMO this screws over characters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Cage, etc... all the while making 50/50's even more dominant since you can't block breaker when you guess wrong.

Block breakers work fine in this game. People are fine with combo breakers costing two bars because they're more damaging than a block string, but block breakers are not designed to work like push blocks in Injustice, but rather, to save you from certain death. So yeah, if I outplayed you at a given moment to be able to initiate a block string that will kill you, and you want to escape it to avoid losing the match, I deserve to make you spend two bars of meter. Why should a lifeline cost less?
This. Block breakers should stay at 2 bars, but not require any stamina.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
CEO was the death of 50/50s. The meta has evolved beyond guessing to runaway and continuous meter-building chip pressure