What's new

Strategy Xray dash cancel?

Saint

Noob
if it seals the game like it did why not use it man, and even if it doesn't it'll get the crowd going for sure

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Props to you for doing really good at mlg but that shit didn't impress me at all, even a scrub like me does that shit once in a while in casuals and it may only work the first time against a top player.... You Got really lucky to not get blow up by it.

I did not see the set but I saw you canceling into throw on the egp stream. I had never seen that before. I thought it was pretty cool.

Hell yeah, it was amazing to see that Denzell. I don't remember seeing it before until this weekend. I agree with Storms it's the "Denzell Speical".

But the question you asked, it's useful when you don't get predictible with it. It's a crazy mind game because most people will either think "Oh I'm getting hit with the XRay" and won't be ready to tech the throw. Or if they are blocking, they are probably going to try to attack if they assume they blocked the XRay but then they get thrown.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Hell yeah, it was amazing to see that Denzell. I don't remember seeing it before until this weekend. I agree with Storms it's the "Denzell Speical".

But the question you asked, it's useful when you don't get predictible with it. It's a crazy mind game because most people will either think "Oh I'm getting hit with the XRay" and won't be ready to tech the throw. Or if they are blocking, they are probably going to try to attack if they assume they blocked the XRay but then they get thrown.
Denzel said he just started doing it, I did it way before then call it "tricky special"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So did you cancel it on reaction or did you plan on canceling it before you even did it? If you canceled on reaction, sick reactions bro. If you planned it before hand, nice read.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
So did you cancel it on reaction or did you plan on canceling it before you even did it? If you canceled on reaction, sick reactions bro. If you planned it before hand, nice read.
Hah, Either way it's all good.

Just saw it, that was freaking crazy awesome

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Funny thing is if tom Brady would've done it all of you cock suckers would've been calling it scruby and not worth it.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
another great tool to use in the right situation. You new he was waiting for you to xray, you needed throw damage for the win.

This community still isn't on par with SF like reactions for throw techs, most people mash it, myself included!! lol

I saw you do it the first time against lethal Legend and he teched it, but I think that was a fluke, because you got him about 3 more times in the next few sets.

So I would say it's friggin awesome, specially to pull it out in tourny man, good stuff, and great play all around that weekend man!

Reactions: Tzu

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I've only done it twice before. (not saying I came up with it, the guide said you could do it)

When you did it, I went insane! I was so mind-effed I didn't even know if my life was real anymore.

I think it's totally viable, so long as you don't get predictable with it. It'd be really useful if you use f4 or something too.

Funny thing is if tom Brady would've done it all of you cock suckers would've been calling it scruby and not worth it.
I would have been just as hyped if Brady would have done it and I would have responded the same way in this thread. There prolly would be more haters creeping in though.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Actually what I was more impressed with was how well you were full combo punishing PL's lao teles with sub in the first set.

Reactions: Tzu
Lmao first to do it in tourny play? Or somebody else already beat me to it?
I don't think anyone has done that in tournament play. The closest any has come to doing this in a match that counts was me in that mortal monday tag match but that was just a fun project the community had going on at the time.

B Pryme

Noob
I literally shit my pants when I saw that happen lol. Denzell, your and shory's and all the other west coast inspired a lot of mk players, and I want to congratulate you boys on a very eye opening tournament. LONG LIVE SUB!!!