What's new

Combo List - Sektor XL Sektor Combo Thread

br8kz

YouTuber
Nice combos guys anyone else here having trouble connecting EX teleport after the B3, U4 chain? IDK if it's the imput programming in the game compared to MK 9 or if I just need to practice more since he just came out, It's like the tp doesn't always come out. lol I have 3 diff controllers the MK X one that's awkward to some, I rarely use it for that, the standard xbox one and the hori pad controller.

@br8kz Same here, totally agree Sektor is not a combo heavy character but no doubt made more for zoning and keeping people far, I don't like doing risky RC's when I can just zone them out and I don't mind spending a bar or two for 36-40% where it's pretty much guaranteed lol. I hear ya lol. I do like doing his shower missiles landing close as it's a good safety guard and can set him up for more combos up close, while zoning them out from a far.

But anyway, here's the ones I've found. I'll post vids soon.

EX D,B2, jump in 1, B3, U4~ EX D,B4, 4~EX B,F1, D,B4, uppercut=14 hits: 45%

EX D,B2, jump in 1, B3,U4~EX DB4, Jump Kick, B,F3=9 hits: 38%

D,B2, jump in 1, 1, 4~D,B4, 4~Xray=16 hits: 47%

EX D,B2, jump in 1, B3,U4~EX D,B4, 212=11 hits: 34%
@MKF30 ya his goal is to push them back then force them to work to get in while still doing 30+% pushing them back... i'll have to try your combos and see what they're like :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 ya his goal is to push them back then force them to work to get in while still doing 30+% pushing them back... i'll have to try your combos and see what they're like :)
Thanks I have some more, but one thing I'll admit I didn't know the first day was that the F212, BB stuns them lol which makes him so much better, I wonder if they'll nerf that down the line some people were complaining about that in the other topic but I hope not lol. I like trying your combos too, others it's fun you know? Sektor seems like one of those guys that has literally a million different combos ranging from 25%-40% especially.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Ok, so ive been ending my corner combos in f4 db2 which allows me to input 1/2/f1 for combo punish back into setup. It can also break slides by ending the combo a little earlier and using b3 back into setup. Ill see if I can get a video of it.
EDIT: you can even break scorpions flameport by using f4 to start up the next combo

Last edited:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Thanks I have some more, but one thing I'll admit I didn't know the first day was that the F212, BB stuns them lol which makes him so much better, I wonder if they'll nerf that down the line some people were complaining about that in the other topic but I hope not lol. I like trying your combos too, others it's fun you know? Sektor seems like one of those guys that has literally a million different combos ranging from 25%-40% especially.
If you end combos in f212bb and up rocket they can still run in or prolly tele or slide if you were expecting them to block and you run in or some. The mind game is what you do as an ender. Straight rocket will hit runners. Close up rockets might hit runners as well. Far uprockets will hit backdashers fir what ever reason you read backdash.

MKF30

If you end combos in f212bb and up rocket they can still run in or prolly tele or slide if you were expecting them to block and you run in or some. The mind game is what you do as an ender. Straight rocket will hit runners. Close up rockets might hit runners as well. Far uprockets will hit backdashers fir what ever reason you read backdash.
I know you can also do the closer rockets if you think they're going to charge you, I played him in mk 9. Had similar tactics. If you're in the corner and hit with flame you get free throw or combo since the rrstand is close enough to keep going but only in the corners, most of the time he's going to just play keep away but can also hold his own close.

Sektor also has nice set ups with say shower missiles or seeker then hip overhead starters into lows forcing them to block mid and low which can't be Done at once lol

br8kz

YouTuber
ya i recently got a 41% off a punish and i always use the f212 bb string now lol i can't see why they'd nerf it it's what keeps him able to do decent damage and zone. he'd be a lot harder to play otherwise

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I'm confused about what are we supposed to be going for after a combo?

I tried f212<< up missiles but it doesn't have enough advantage and they can just run up and punish you.

I guess what I'm asking is what is the to go set up with Sektor here?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I'm confused about what are we supposed to be going for after a combo?

I tried f212<< up missiles but it doesn't have enough advantage and they can just run up and punish you.

I guess what I'm asking is what is the to go set up with Sektor here?
You can switch it up. After bb do straight rocket they will think twice. Or ex straight rocket or up rocket to make them hold still. It's really adapting to what your opponent does or likes to do.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
You can switch it up. After bb do straight rocket they will think twice. Or ex straight rocket or up rocket to make them hold still. It's really adapting to what your opponent does or likes to do.
Ohh I thought it was a guaranteed set up... So teleports can still blow you up for shooting a straight rocket then?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I noticed MKX's imputs for specials in this game aren't as fluid as MK 9's was, something about the timing with certain moves is just weird. Like I noticed his B3, U4~teleport doesn't come out consistently for me at least, the EX version is a pain sometimes to connect. He can get the rocket after 212 it's just timing and takes little practice.
I'm having trouble special canceling after F4. Like F4xxUp rocket. And dd3 too.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
All combos should be ended with 1,1,1,2. This string creates a long knock down that is similar to Tremor's stone punch (d,b+2).

(b+1, b+3, string) xx teleport punch, 2,1, f+4,3 xx teleport punch, run 1,1,1,2.

If you run immediately, you will switch sides. If you wait slightly and run, you will remain on the same side.

You can do (b+1, b+3, string) xx teleport punch, run 2,1, run 2,1, run 1,1,1,2 if you have no meter.
Ohh no wonder, I was going for the F212<< restand. Too bad it looks much cooler but 1112 is more effective.

MKF30

ya i recently got a 41% off a punish and i always use the f212 bb string now lol i can't see why they'd nerf it it's what keeps him able to do decent damage and zone. he'd be a lot harder to play otherwise
Yup exactly. Yeah I've noticed some people posted a few AA or punished Air combos, I lean away from that only because the timing of the back 1, jabs etc in itself is a gamble but I will punish someone if the moves not safe that I block you know? But yeah, sweet stuff. I found a few more myself a 43% on 1 bar, not bad at all. A 45% on two bars, I know some people may not like spending the meter but he builds it back to damn fast lol I love it. But yeah, that's what I like about him lol.

He can zone well and do good damage, without relying on just setups and execution like say cyber sub, cyrax.

I'm having trouble special canceling after F4. Like F4xxUp rocket. And dd3 too.
Yeah some strings are pain or take practice to cancel into specials. I have found he can even cancel the F212, bb into his xray lol but the timing is freaking ridiculous. lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yup exactly. Yeah I've noticed some people posted a few AA or punished Air combos, I lean away from that only because the timing of the back 1, jabs etc in itself is a gamble but I will punish someone if the moves not safe that I block you know? But yeah, sweet stuff. I found a few more myself a 43% on 1 bar, not bad at all. A 45% on two bars, I know some people may not like spending the meter but he builds it back to damn fast lol I love it. But yeah, that's what I like about him lol.

He can zone well and do good damage, without relying on just setups and execution like say cyber sub, cyrax.

Yeah some strings are pain or take practice to cancel into specials. I have found he can even cancel the F212, bb into his xray lol but the timing is freaking ridiculous. lol
f212<<xray first thing I did lol. It's quite strict yeah.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Here are some of the combos I have been using after messing with him for an hour or so. Of course it isn't everything, but hopefully it helps some people. You can begin combos also with B1 and B3 for overhead/low starters but I feel Sektor is best used as a Zoner and Punisher. The overhead and low starts can't really be hit confirmed and aren't safe linking into Teleport punch.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
42% Optimized Corner combo ( viable ) ends in restand at +2

F212bb Tele run under 21 114 ex Tele ia ji1 F212bb flamethrower

You're Guarenteed nothing , but they don't have the option to wakeup , if you want you can enhance the flame thrower and be +12 , you can jail f1 or his low off of that. Either free pressure or 50 /50. After F212bb ex flamethrower , you're close enough for b1 and b3 , and since f1 jails it's basically a free mixup.

Also , if the f212 bb at the end isn't consistent enough for you , you can do ia ji1 1112

Hope this helps

Last edited:

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Optimized b1 combos

Midscreen
B1 2+4 ex run 4 21 f212 bb Tele f43 Tele 36%
B1 2+4 ex run 4 21 f43 Tele f212 bb Tele 36% ( slightly more difficult , but you can keep them standing if you want )

Corner
B1 2+4 run under 21 f43 Tele f43 charge 36%

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Optimized b3u4 combos

Midscreen
b3u4 tele 21 f212 bb Tele meterless 29%

B3u4 Tele 21 f212 bb ex Tele J3 charge 36% 1 bar

Corner
B3u4 Tele run under 114 ex Tele ia ji1 f212 bb flame burner 35% 1 bar ( very hard )

B3u4 Tele 4 ex Tele f212 bb flame burner 34% 1 bar ( much easier )

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Optimized anti airs

S4 for jump ins s1 for crossups

Midscreen
Anti air - f43 Tele 21 f212 bb Tele 32% meterless
Anti air - f43 Tele 21 f212 bb ex Tele j3 charge 38% 1 bar ( 39% with s1)

Corner
Anti air - f43 Tele 21 f212 bb flame burner 34% meterless

Anti crossup in corner ( opponent jumping out )

S1 f43 Tele 21 f212 bb ex Tele b1 2+4 39% 1 bar ( opponent back in corner )
Switch b1 2+4 with run under 212 up rocket if you'd like

Njp midscreen

Njp run 4 21 f43 Tele f43 ex Tele j3 charge 38 %

Njp run 4 21 f43 Tele f43 Tele 33% meterless

Corner Njp run 4 21 f212 bb flame 29% no meter restand
Njp run 4 21 f43 Tele ia ji1 1112 34% meterless
Njp run 4 21 f43 Tele 4 ex Tele j3 charge 37% 1 bar

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
you can end your combos with straight rocket for a hard knockdown, for example f212bb tele, 4, f212bb ex tele, 4 bf1. it does 38% i believe and im fairly certain you can get an uprocket out , also b2 is godlike, use it!!

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
you can end your combos with straight rocket for a hard knockdown, for example f212bb tele, 4, f212bb ex tele, 4 bf1. it does 38% i believe and im fairly certain you can get an uprocket out , also b2 is godlike, use it!!
I still cant really find a use for b2 besides checking a running opponent or for spacing.

loogie

Noob
Can someone help me with this one ...
I cannot seem to get the teleport uppercut (tpu) after a f212 back dash into the tpu!!
is there a sweet spot where I have to input the db4? I swear it does not come out ..