What's new

General/Other - Smoke XL Robo Smoke Discussion Thread

jokey77

Character Loyalist
even tho it's day 3 but rsmoke doesn't strike me as a zoner
projectile trades aren't mk9 tier, since the stun you get from most is enough to let the opponent fall to the ground into quickstand
SB is slow and the opponent can run in on reaction, changing the direction isn't working for me either
the teleport is meh, it's slow and can't be used on reaction, full punishable. he should be able to cancel it, not for pressure but to stay safe (takeda-like)

to me, the meta is stagger into 50/50, exSB and in the future baiting people trying to abuse gaps
By zoning I mean the b2 string of course. Like b21-smoke away, repeat. Smokebomb by itself sucks.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
?

He has a low starter and a OH starter. Both starters lead into a combo that leaves the opponent standing. He can then use many options that leave him at enough advantage to do a low/OH that puts us right back at square one. If that doesn't describe a vortex character, then idk what does.

Everything else you mentioned is true, which helps him alot at scoring the vortex.

And I tried that f21 ex invisibility thing. I'd much rather do a vortex lol

I'm not saying the vortex is bad. I'm just saying, I don't think it's worth it if I have to spend a meter to guarantee a combo off of the overhead. Unless I'm missing something? I know the whole crouch block thing, maybe there's something else?

I know the overhead combos in the corner as well.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'm not saying the vortex is bad. I'm just saying, I don't think it's worth it if I have to spend a meter to guarantee a combo off of the overhead. Unless I'm missing something? I know the whole crouch block thing, maybe there's something else?

I know the overhead combos in the corner as well.
The b1 combos on females who are crouching, and since you're going to use it in a vortex situation, it'll combo if it hits.

And yea it combos for free on everyone in the corner

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
You could always just do B1 into spear if you have no meter and just end the combo and go for a meaty on KD. Generally speaking though B1 gives me fits so I sometimes try to condition them with grabs and B3.

Redux

Ex Phase
For big body characters like ferra is it at all possible to get the crossover jip after trident? It whiffs all the time for me so I do walk back, jip now.

Been searching for a use, doesn't help when getting zoned. Not for plus frames. I don't think it has armor. Cant link strings for combos.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
After playing more with smoke I have found that his best string, hands down is his F2 1. It's a mid, the opponent can not poke out because of smoke bomb, they can't reversal because of phase, and it's -6! I've seen this string mentioned and now that I've had more time, it's one of his best tools and smoke mains should take full advantage of it!

shura30

Shura
By zoning I mean the b2 string of course. Like b21-smoke away, repeat. Smokebomb by itself sucks.
for B21 both hits are listed as mids but the last one whiff on crouching opponent
b2 itself is 18 frames so it can be totally seen