What's new

General/Other - Smoke XL Robo Smoke Discussion Thread

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Just started playing smoke, is the invisibility any use?
If your having trouble opening up your opponent i.e. Keeping the vortex going , you can ex invis after any spear and either jump over for a jip >50/50 that will crossup their inputs , or you can combo into s1 strings to end in invisible stagger pressure , spear exinvis 1-11-111-1112 etc

boba_buster

Noob saibot
You can also combo into s3xxphase after exinvis just like the regular vortex ender and be invisible so it's a true 50/50 lol

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
For big body characters like ferra is it at all possible to get the crossover jip after trident? It whiffs all the time for me so I do walk back, jip now.
Saw your post yesterday, played against a F/T for a bit last night. Definitely a weird timing to get the jump over 1/2. I found a late jump over 1 into s3 worked the best, but it definitely felt wonky for a bit. Interesting.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Saw your post yesterday, played against a F/T for a bit last night. Definitely a weird timing to get the jump over 1/2. I found a late jump over 1 into s3 worked the best, but it definitely felt wonky for a bit. Interesting.
For f\t and goro I just skip the jip and go straight to s3xxphase

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Meaty/late f3 on hit guarantees any string afterwards. Unable to backdash or armor.

Some other useful tactics from f3 as well. May make a video on it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
@Kickbykick don't go invisible lol. At least not in the vortex situation. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Going invisible takes a bar and it takes another bar to do a vortex. Definitely not worth it

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
@Kickbykick don't go invisible lol. At least not in the vortex situation. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Going invisible takes a bar and it takes another bar to do a vortex. Definitely not worth it
Omg this dude again ... Let me guess u think ppl using GM shouldn't use the clone either right?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Invisibility is cool. But unless you're totally trashing an opponent or trying to yolo a comeback it's a waste of bar.

xKhaoTik

Omg this dude again ... Let me guess u think ppl using GM shouldn't use the clone either right?
Like I told you before, clone is on a whole other class than invisibility.

You're telling dude to waste a bar to go invisible and then use another bar to go for a vortex. The vortex itself is meterless and females and only costs a bar on males. No reason to use another bar for the same exact situation.

But hey, if you enjoy blowing meter like that, then that's you. I'm just trying to make sure the new players have the right understanding and how to play him correctly as of right now

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Like I told you before, clone is on a whole other class than invisibility.

You're telling dude to waste a bar to go invisible and then use another bar to go for a vortex. The vortex itself is meterless and females and only costs a bar on males. No reason to use another bar for the same exact situation.

But hey, if you enjoy blowing meter like that, then that's you. I'm just trying to make sure the new players have the right understanding and how to play him correctly as of right now
Why did you keep saying I said to use two bars? Vortex aren't his only game , for that matter if the only way to play him is a one bar mid 20% on damage vortex than he's jus not gonna be viable , at the end of the day a good player can block low and react to the over head , we have to try and find ways to utilize his tools , quit being so simple minded , just because you and I haven't found a good way to use invisibility yet doesn't make it useless. I hope you do stick to ur simple gameplan so u will drop him like so many who have tried him already. And other ppl and continue to find new tech

xKhaoTik

Why did you keep saying I said to use two bars? Vortex aren't his only game , for that matter if the only way to play him is a one bar mid 20% on damage vortex than he's jus not gonna be viable , at the end of the day a good player can block low and react to the over head , we have to try and find ways to utilize his tools , quit being so simple minded , just because you and I haven't found a good way to use invisibility yet doesn't make it useless. I hope you do stick to ur simple gameplan so u will drop him like so many who have tried him already. And other ppl and continue to find new tech
Never said it's useless.

Said your tactic is useless.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
And the bottom line is if you've already committed to going for the low vortex restarter then your only using one bar anyway , and if they do block the low you have the advantage of being invisible which can make them do something stupid and let u open them up again into the vortex, hell you can jus do what ever you want if they freeze up and block , you could phase back or try to jump over them to cross up their inputs. There is plenty of unexplored options that need to be tested before anyone says it's a waste of a bar

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Either way we're ruining this thread arguing , how bout you give us your idea on how invisibility can help his game and how we could use it?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
And by the way what's with b1xxsmokecloud not hitting crouch blocking females cuz it happen to me last night against a Tanya in a little local tourney , and then I was playing the same guy after and he was using katana and it did the same thing

xKhaoTik

And the bottom line is if you've already committed to going for the low vortex restarter then your only using one bar anyway , and if they do block the low you have the advantage of being invisible which can make them do something stupid and let u open them up again into the vortex, hell you can jus do what ever you want if they freeze up and block , you could phase back or try to jump over them to cross up their inputs. There is plenty of unexplored options that need to be tested before anyone says it's a waste of a bar
?

The low doesn't cost a bar lol. Now I'm sure you have no clue what you're talking about.

But I guess I'll break it down...again, since you seem slow.

He has a OH and a low, both of which are combo starters and lead into a combo. That combo leaves the opponent standing and you end the combo with one of the few enders he has (NOT EX INVISIBILITY) to leave you at enough advantage to set up the same low/OH option. If you're against a female, this option is METERLESS. Against a male, it cost a bar. This is what you call a VORTEX and since he has those tools, he is a vortex character. There is absolutely no reason not to do this, as this is one of the best methods to beat an opponent in ANY fighting game.

Yes, in that situation, he gets 20%ish combos, but who cares? Damage adds up and it's a vortex. A few wrong guesses and you win. Once you start factoring in his footsies and score damage off of punishes, AA's and such, not only does he get a vortex, but those are damaging ones that go into the high 30%.

What YOU are proposing is stupid. Why would I use ex invisibility in a vortex situation? There's no reason for that. And now you're saying use invisibility and go for something else? Not a vortex? What does he have that's better than a vortex?

I get that we are trying to find more stuff but what you are suggesting is really stupid man lol. High level players will never do that. Save the meter for breakers, ex sb, ex phase or ex tele. There's no reason for ex invisibility right now, especially in a vortex.

Notice how everytime I speak of this, people agree with me? Do you see anyone agreeing with you? Someone here clearly knows what they are talking about and it's not you lol.

Have fun wasting meter!

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Either way we're ruining this thread arguing , how bout you give us your idea on how invisibility can help his game and how we could use it?
There's no reason for it. What don't you get lol.

It's just like MK9. Smoke had ex invisibility but NO high level players did it. He saved the meter for ex sb resets, ex phase, ex shake, breakers, etc.

It's the same scenario in this game. No reason for it, at least right now. He has better options to spend meter on

boba_buster

Noob saibot
?

The low doesn't cost a bar lol. Now I'm sure you have no clue what you're talking about.

But I guess I'll break it down...again, since you seem slow.

He has a OH and a low, both of which are combo starters and lead into a combo. That combo leaves the opponent standing and you end the combo with one of the few enders he has (NOT EX INVISIBILITY) to leave you at enough advantage to set up the same low/OH option. If you're against a female, this option is METERLESS. Against a male, it cost a bar. This is what you call a VORTEX and since he has those tools, he is a vortex character. There is absolutely no reason not to do this, as this is one of the best methods to beat an opponent in ANY fighting game.

Yes, in that situation, he gets 20%ish combos, but who cares? Damage adds up and it's a vortex. A few wrong guesses and you win. Once you start factoring in his footsies and score damage off of punishes, AA's and such, not only does he get a vortex, but those are damaging ones that go into the high 30%.

What YOU are proposing is stupid. Why would I use ex invisibility in a vortex situation? There's no reason for that. And now you're saying use invisibility and go for something else? Not a vortex? What does he have that's better than a vortex?

I get that we are trying to find more stuff but what you are suggesting is really stupid man lol. High level players will never do that. Save the meter for breakers, ex sb ex phase or ex tele. There's no reason for ex invisibility rift now, especially in a vortex.

Notice how everytime I speak of this, people agree with me? Do you see anyone agreeing with you? Someone here clearly knows what they are talking about and it's not you lol.

Have fun wasting meter!
You really can't read can you , why do you keep saying things I never said? First off I said you don't need meter for the low , second off I was talking bout not using it in the vortex and to use it if your opponent is reacting to your over head which good players that know the match up will , someone with good reaction can block low and react to the over head , and if they can do it consistently then you have no vortex and need a plan b. Like I said ur gonna drop him eventually cuz ppl are going to learn the match up and ur gonna think he sucks cuz your so simple minded. you only have one gameplan and ppl are going to blow you up on it eventually

boba_buster

Noob saibot
There's no reason for it. What don't you get lol.

It's just like MK9. Smoke had ex invisibility but NO high level players did it. He saved the meter for ex sb resets, ex phase, ex shake, breakers, etc.

It's the same scenario in this game. No reason for it, at least right now. He has better options to spend meter on
He is a totally different character in this game , wow if you think you can play mkx smoke like mk9 smoke you are an idiot

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Your not gonna stop arguing till I say your right huh? Fine ur absolutely right . Now go back to the katana forum , since you've obviously mastered smoke already

xKhaoTik

You really can't read can you , why do you keep saying things I never said? First off I said you don't need meter for the low , second off I was talking bout not using it in the vortex and to use it if your opponent is reacting to your over head which good players that know the match up will , someone with good reaction can block low and react to the over head , and if they can do it consistently then you have no vortex and need a plan b. Like I said ur gonna drop him eventually cuz ppl are going to learn the match up and ur gonna think he sucks cuz your so simple minded. you only have one gameplan and ppl are going to blow you up on it eventually

Look at imposter shinnok. He has a vortex. The OH is super slower than the low and it's punishable. Do you see them doing anything different? They've ever been doing the same thing since forever and it still super effective. Why? BECAUSE IT'S A VORTEX.

You just don't seem to understand fighting games at all. I'll just let you carry on doing foolishness

boba_buster

Noob saibot
What imposter shinnok do you see only using vortex? What game are you playing? Most imposter shinnok players I seen zone and 50/50 you to death with IA teles

xKhaoTik

What imposter shinnok do you see only using vortex? What game are you playing? Most imposter shinnok players I seen zone and 50/50 you to death with IA teles
They are doing at because those are the footsies and tools they have to score a vortex. Jeez man lol. You just don't get it