What's new

General/Other - Bartitsu XL Bartitsu General Discussion Thread

skater11

The saltiest
The crop duster setup is nice and all but there's no real hit advntg to guarantee the setup. I often find myself in situation where i'm like should I go for it? will my opponent delay wakeup? I'm tempted to finding a combo with a string normal ender to do it from a special cancel.

The crop duster setup is nice and all but there's no real hit advntg to guarantee the setup. I often find myself in situation where i'm like should I go for it? will my opponent delay wakeup? I'm tempted to finding a combo with a string normal ender to do it from a special cancel.
When you end your strings with low cane it leaves you at the perfect distance it's either they block and deal with it or reverse armor it. At that point you gotta anticapate It and use spin cane.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I usually make a point to break their armor with DB1 a time or two before going for the setup. If they delay? Cool. Free pressure. And with the way Bo can mix things up, it shouldn't be a hard task opening them up. Or hell, if they delay and just get up blocking, throw them into the Crop Duster.

Ok I'm convinced he doesn't beat Smoke. At all. I hate the matchup.
Throw. Throw your merry little ass off. At least with that they'll hesitate to wake-up phase. I learned in this MU to stop all my gapped strings short because gatdamn if it ain't nothing for him to whiff punish.

Another up side is that he can't phase through the crop duster setup. But that's an uphill battle anyway - getting Smoke to the corner and keeping him there.

Oh, and fuck B21 in neutral.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Throw. Throw your merry little ass off. At least with that they'll hesitate to wake-up phase. I learned in this MU to stop all my gapped strings short because gatdamn if it ain't nothing for him to whiff punish.

Another up side is that he can't phase through the crop duster setup. But that's an uphill battle anyway - getting Smoke to the corner and keeping him there.

Oh, and fuck B21 in neutral.
Yeah he can just spam B21 into backdash, that's my entire problem with the matchup. The fact Bo's mobility is SO BAD he can't do anything but accept B21.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Yeah he can just spam B21 into backdash, that's my entire problem with the matchup. The fact Bo's mobility is SO BAD he can't do anything but accept B21.
D4 can be a good check, but the risk reward is still not in your favor. The good news is that Smoke Bomb and Sumo Stomp isn't a bad trade if he's trying to zone with it. The hit stun negates their ability to convert.

His backdash is pretty insane. F1 will catch him sometimes, but it's too inconsistent to rely on.

Youphemism

D4 can be a good check, but the risk reward is still not in your favor. The good news is that Smoke Bomb and Sumo Stomp isn't a bad trade if he's trying to zone with it. The hit stun negates their ability to convert.

His backdash is pretty insane. F1 will catch him sometimes, but it's too inconsistent to rely on.
Yeah I found that the rare time I could trade Smoke Bomb with Sumo Stomp it had great hitstun so he couldn't convert, but as it usually is with Bo the move was too slow to trade on reaction -_-

Also fuck every time I've tried to follow him as he walked backwards and tried to hit him with F11~DF3 then had the DF3 whiff because of the stupid hit reaction moving them too far back -__________________________-

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Jesus Christ.. could somebody help me out with the CSZ matchup? Is there ANY way I CAN'T get flawlessed over and over? Bo has almost 0 options against his zoning.. and good lord that retarded dive kick. Even when I do get in, he still has the advantage with his much quicker and safer normal/strings.

kevkopdx

Noob
Jesus Christ.. could somebody help me out with the CSZ matchup? Is there ANY way I CAN'T get flawlessed over and over? Bo has almost 0 options against his zoning.. and good lord that (soap bar in my mouth) dive kick. Even when I do get in, he still has the advantage with his much quicker and safer normal/strings.
bartitsu is under dog city... i dont know what to say, i havent faced any really good cszs, just be patient, use your long ranged tools and hope for the best lol

Youphemism

Jesus Christ.. could somebody help me out with the CSZ matchup? Is there ANY way I CAN'T get flawlessed over and over? Bo has almost 0 options against his zoning.. and good lord that (soap bar in my mouth) dive kick. Even when I do get in, he still has the advantage with his much quicker and safer normal/strings.
Keep in mind CSZs neutral game is full of highs, just get to D4 distance try and get him from there. Even his long ranged F2 is a high. His best mid F4 doesn't reach as far as your D4 which is good. The real problem is if he divekicks or slides in anticipation of your D4 but that's just the matchup :p Once you've hit with a D4 use the advantage to challenge with a F1 maybe, you could use something like F1~flips or F11~flips to get in. You can't hit confirm F1 by itself so F1~flips is a risk you just have to take very occasionally but F11 is block confirmable into DF2 which not only has no gap but is also safe at -2.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
What I don't get is why he gets to suck in every possible way just so he can have 'mixups' when more than half of the roster have mixups that are just as good if not better...
D'vorah, Jax, CT Kano, Shinnok, WG Kotal all have better mixups and they can actually move and have great normals.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, I am left scratching my head at this variation.

I was so pumped to try it and learn it, but dear god his frames are terrible. His sweep is negative on hit for christ sake.

This character is always negative. ALWAYS. I'm pretty sure the only way Bo-Rai-Cho isn't throw bait after all of his strings is if he does the 11 stagger (+2).

I'm just left wondering what to do. He seems to be a major YOLO character. His neutral has range, but it's easily exploitable. I thought the df1 ender was going to be his gravy train but not even +9 can guarantee Bo his ideal strings lol.

I don't know guys, unless someone can show me how the hell I'm supposed to actually approach anyone outside of my d4 and F1 I'm lost.

Youphemism

So, I am left scratching my head at this variation.

I was so pumped to try it and learn it, but dear god his frames are terrible. His sweep is negative on hit for christ sake.

This character is always negative. ALWAYS. I'm pretty sure the only way Bo-Rai-Cho isn't throw bait after all of his strings is if he does the 11 stagger (+2).

I'm just left wondering what to do. He seems to be a major YOLO character. His neutral has range, but it's easily exploitable. I thought the df1 ender was going to be his gravy train but not even +9 can guarantee Bo his ideal strings lol.

I don't know guys, unless someone can show me how the hell I'm supposed to actually approach anyone outside of my d4 and F1 I'm lost.
Now you see why we say what we say. Meanwhile Pig is off trying to sell the bill that Bartitsu is the best lmao.

His mobility is so ass his range doesn't even make a difference 90% of the time. It's only if you somehow manage to corner someone or somehow someone lands in a yolo fart in neutral that you'll get your 5 seconds of being in on them.

There are ways to bait the armour like the few setups I mentioned in the op but it's nowhere near enough.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
My issue is his piss poor defense. Bo has trouble starting offense from defense. The majority of his strings are highs which leaves him wide open for pokes. His fastest normal is 11f and it's high. That makes for very difficult punishing.

I'm legitimately wondering if I'm missing something here. Yes he has mixups, but Bo seems incapable of any sort of pressure and if he does get in, he appears to have one shot to make it happen before its guaranteed to be the opponent's turn.

Sure he hits like a truck, but he also looks like a character that can get easily smothered.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My issue is his piss poor defense. Bo has trouble starting offense from defense. The majority of his strings are highs which leaves him wide open for pokes. His fastest normal is 11f and it's high. That makes for very difficult punishing.

I'm legitimately wondering if I'm missing something here. Yes he has mixups, but Bo seems incapable of any sort of pressure and if he does get in, he appears to have one shot to make it happen before its guaranteed to be the opponent's turn.

Sure he hits like a truck, but he also looks like a character that can get easily smothered.
I go for the 50/50 every time. If they are blocking too much I do fart pressure too. I always make them respect db3. When they do, I get my meterless vortex in. If I'm drinking I get awesome meter build, chip, and grab setups.

I played korey the dragon's smoke though and could not catch him. That kind of mobility is a huge problem. Bo literally can't catch him even if he is in the corner.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I go for the 50/50 every time. If they are blocking too much I do fart pressure too. I always make them respect db3. When they do, I get my meterless vortex in. If I'm drinking I get awesome meter build, chip, and grab setups.

I played korey the dragon's smoke though and could not catch him. That kind of mobility is a huge problem. Bo literally can't catch him even if he is in the corner.
Yea I havent looked at his other variations yet (drinking etc) but for competitive play I think he has huge issues in bartitsu. The struggle must be real against competent zoners.

Plop

Noob
I've noticed this glitch in Bartitsu. Don't know if it's known about or not. I'll just leave this here

After a jip in Bartitsu, a d4 comes out instead of a d3.
Also, instead of his bartitsu d4, his d4 from his other variations comes out.
(inputs are shown)

Youphemism

I've noticed this glitch in Bartitsu. Don't know if it's known about or not. I'll just leave this here

After a jip in Bartitsu, a d4 comes out instead of a d3.
Also, instead of his bartitsu d4, his d4 from his other variations comes out.
(inputs are shown)
I knew the D4 changed back to variationless D4 but I haven't seen D3 changing to Bartitsu's D4, thanks for sharing! Might also want to post this in the bug thread so NRS can view and fix it :)

Hiyomoto

Noob
No one EVER talks about the B14 string. It's always F1. Most pokes can't even reach you from max range of B14. Use DF2 in neutral more. Don't use Ex Fart except in the corner and that's rarely. Bartitsu is mix up god.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
No one EVER talks about the B14 string. It's always F1. Most pokes can't even reach you from max range of B14. Use DF2 in neutral more. Don't use Ex Fart except in the corner and that's rarely. Bartitsu is mix up god.
Tom Brady mentioned it earlier but it can be armored through which is why it isn't talked about as much.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Kotal is tough for Bo.

Faster strings, faster normals, mostly faster specials. Kotal just owns the neutral entirely in that MU. Fart can be useful, but spacing is key as B1 will destroy that attempt.

At least, that's been my experience.

skater11

The saltiest
df2 is slow but it works pretty great in the neutral as long as your opponent isnt a happy jumping scrub. i find d4xx df2 really good in the neutral.or even f11xxdf2 which completely jails even at max range.