What's new

General/Other - Bartitsu XL Bartitsu General Discussion Thread

thlityoursloat

kick kick
No one EVER talks about the B14 string. It's always F1. Most pokes can't even reach you from max range of B14. Use DF2 in neutral more. Don't use Ex Fart except in the corner and that's rarely. Bartitsu is mix up god.
B1 is nice but B14 is poo since the 4 has like 1/4th the range of B1 lol. It's nice but if I want to check people, I'd rather use D4.
and Rai Cho in general is not a 'mixup' god. Have you played the other 70% of the cast?

TamedLizard

Buff George
Don't sleep on Bart's mixup potential lol.

That's one of his key strengths in that variation. Other two? Pretty good, but idk about "godlike".

Hiyomoto

Noob
B1 is nice but B14 is poo since the 4 has like 1/4th the range of B1 lol. It's nice but if I want to check people, I'd rather use D4.
and Rai Cho in general is not a 'mixup' god. Have you played the other 70% of the cast?
You can literally turn any of his strings into a 50/50 with DB3 and he already has plenty of mix up strings. It's all on you to be random. Especially with Bartitsus variation.
F1DB3 high overhead
B1DB3 Mid overhead overhead
B14 Mid overhead low that leads to over 35%
244 high low low that leads into combo
24 high low leads into combo
2DB3 to condition for the later low.
You get my point of mix up potential.

kevkopdx

Noob
You can literally turn any of his strings into a 50/50 with DB3 and he already has plenty of mix up strings. It's all on you to be random. Especially with Bartitsus variation.
F1DB3 high overhead
B1DB3 Mid overhead overhead
B14 Mid overhead low that leads to over 35%
244 high low low that leads into combo
24 high low leads into combo
2DB3 to condition for the later low.
You get my point of mix up potential.
your reasoning doesnt make sense to me... db3 is a combo ender/special move... his strings and mixups are extremely slow and mostly reactable and full of gaps... block high, then low and youre mostly fine against him. 3,4,1 is so easy to react to the overhead ender... besides that, db3 is not safe on block, almost everything he does is unsafe really ... bartitsu has crappy pressure, no great way to get out of good pressure, no armored launcher, no counter for zoning, bad walk/dash speed, etc etc... i just dont see how this variation isnt bottom tier...

Hiyomoto

Noob
your reasoning doesnt make sense to me... db3 is a combo ender/special move... his strings and mixups are extremely slow and mostly reactable and full of gaps... block high, then low and youre mostly fine against him. 3,4,1 is so easy to react to the overhead ender... besides that, db3 is not safe on block, almost everything he does is unsafe really ... bartitsu has crappy pressure, no great way to get out of good pressure, no armored launcher, no counter for zoning, bad walk/dash speed, etc etc... i just dont see how this variation isnt bottom tier...
You're making it seem as if though I said that DB3 is suppose to be a combo starter. It's a conditioning tool to use to eventually open up someone. I highly doubt you can solely react to his mix ups. You would have to guess if the momentum in his favor. No one even talks about his F3 cancels into low, grab, or just any mix up string. I don't even use 341 cause the first hit has short range and it's slow. I use mid starters such as B1 or B14 or B233 and at right range F11 but it starts as high.

kevkopdx

Noob
You're making it seem as if though I said that DB3 is suppose to be a combo starter. It's a conditioning tool to use to eventually open up someone. I highly doubt you can solely react to his mix ups. You would have to guess if the momentum in his favor. No one even talks about his F3 cancels into low, grab, or just any mix up string. I don't even use 341 cause the first hit has short range and it's slow. I use mid starters such as B1 or B14 or B233 and at right range F11 but it starts as high.
no i dont make it seem like a combo starter, what im saying is its a knockdown move and it is not gonna make much of a difference in conditioning... all you have to is block high then low, if he catches you with db3 it leads to nothing. his mobility sucks and the only way youre gonna get pressure is in the corner. this variation is not good. simple zoning shuts him down and his frame data is sooooo slow. i will take the db3 anytime and continue high low block and punish all of his unsafe stuff or just armor through his millions of gaps

Hiyomoto

Noob
no i dont make it seem like a combo starter, what im saying is its a knockdown move and it is not gonna make much of a difference in conditioning... all you have to is block high then low, if he catches you with db3 it leads to nothing. his mobility sucks and the only way youre gonna get pressure is in the corner. this variation is not good. simple zoning shuts him down and his frame data is sooooo slow. i will take the db3 anytime and continue high low block and punish all of his unsafe stuff or just armor through his millions of gaps
Take the db3? Leads to nothing? Eating all those flips will add up and most likely cost you the round. Landing a flip leaves you at +32 which gives you the option of spinning cane that breaks armor and conditions opponent to be more careful about waking up. All I'm saying is that Bo doesn't get enough credit for his mix ups and hit advantage from db3. It's his main armor breaking set up in that variation combined with spinning cane.

kevkopdx

Noob
Take the db3? Leads to nothing? Eating all those flips will add up and most likely cost you the round. Landing a flip leaves you at +32 which gives you the option of spinning cane that breaks armor and conditions opponent to be more careful about waking up. All I'm saying is that Bo doesn't get enough credit for his mix ups and hit advantage from db3. It's his main armor breaking set up in that variation combined with spinning cane.
but blocking almost any of his strings leads to a full punish, im saying his risk doesnt make up for the reward... i love playing this character but he is ass... i would like to see some high level play proving me wrong

Hiyomoto

Noob
but blocking almost any of his strings leads to a full punish, im saying his risk doesnt make up for the reward... i love playing this character but he is ass... i would like to see some high level play proving me wrong
He can also cancel the first hit of B1 which is usually a mid overhead into low cane so it'd be a mid low and covert for a full combo for a bar. So you can start a combo off the full B1 or mix up by adding a low cane cane before the overhead hits. Either way, you get a combo for a bar. Yes his strings are punishable, don't get me wrong. It's all up to the player to be random.

kevkopdx

Noob
He can also cancel the first hit of B1 which is usually a mid overhead into low cane so it'd be a mid low and covert for a full combo for a bar. So you can start a combo off the full B1 or mix up by adding a low cane cane before the overhead hits. Either way, you get a combo for a bar. Yes his strings are punishable, don't get me wrong. It's all up to the player to be random.
we will have to agree to disagree, like i said i like playing him but he is bottom 5. he has too many drawbacks when you compare to the rest of the cast... i cant even think of one winning mu, he dominates nobody

skater11

The saltiest
A nice amount of the cast can uppercut Bartitsu's Spinning Kane on block lol. Which is still kinda scary for the opponent to punish if the BRC player has 1 bar. If the uppercut is mistimed/mashed, and BRC recovers in time to block it, he can punish nearly every uppercut in the game with EX db2 as reversal. (Saying "nearly" because I haven't went around and tested everyones uppercut, but i'm almost sure he potentially punishes all with EX db2)

Last edited:

Hiyomoto

Noob
A nice amount of the cast can uppercut Bartitsu's Spinning Kane on block lol. Which is still kinda scary for the opponent to punish if the BRC player has 1 bar. If the uppercut is mistimed/mashed, and BRC recovers in time to block it, he can punish nearly every uppercut in the game with EX db2 as reversal. (Saying "nearly" because I haven't went around and tested everyones uppercut, but i'm almost sure he potentially punishes all with EX db2)
I punish uppercuts with F11 into ex db2 . It's pretty consistent.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Playing Bartitsu makes me saltier than ever. If you ever get fullscreen (which is very often) you are 100% fucked. Run speed is awful, dash is bad, and while Bartitsu's footsies help out a lot at jump distance, he is garbage at fullscreen.

Ahum, sorry I lost to a zoning Boneshaper today, which seems like a really bad matchup for Bo. How do we get past zoners?

Playing Bartitsu makes me saltier than ever. If you ever get fullscreen (which is very often) you are 100% fucked. Run speed is awful, dash is bad, and while Bartitsu's footsies help out a lot at jump distance, he is garbage at fullscreen.

Ahum, sorry I lost to a zoning Boneshaper today, which seems like a really bad matchup for Bo. How do we get past zoners?
Drunken master

TamedLizard

Buff George
Fair enough. Still, is there anything Bartitsu specifically can do?
You can pray that Sumo will trade in your favor lol. And as risky as it is in certain MUs, I almost always immediately go for a second one because the opponent is rarely expecting it. Hell, I've landed 4 in a row before.

It's not fool proof and it's nothing special, but at least it provides some incentive for them to come in.

Kitana, Piercing, HQT, Cybernetic, Shinnok, and CSZ are rough MUs. Especially when they decide to kick back and play lame with projectiles. Dealing with zoners is what makes me the most salty when using Bo. Even more so than his gaps and unsafety.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Guhhh...I played some Bartitsu last night. You know what else is annoying? You can get the life lead, back up and create your bubble and make it tough for people to get in, but you cant build any meter. All his specials are too slow to just whiff them. I find myself constantly without meter. Cant combo without meter unless you're punishing, and cant breaker.

Why are we not allowed to have a hit confirmable combo starter that's meterless? Does 34 really have to be -11? Does 341 and 21 really have to be -12?

Ehhhh what am I even talking about. If I build my safe space at full screen they can just throw whatever projectile they want and there's nothing I can do about it. It's a lose lose.

I'm fucking salty that he's this bad...

DDutchguy

Guhhh...I played some Bartitsu last night. You know what else is annoying? You can get the life lead, back up and create your bubble and make it tough for people to get in, but you cant build any meter. All his specials are too slow to just whiff them. I find myself constantly without meter. Cant combo without meter unless you're punishing, and cant breaker.

Why are we not allowed to have a hit confirmable combo starter that's meterless? Does 34 really have to be -11? Does 341 and 21 really have to be -12?

Ehhhh what am I even talking about. If I build my safe space at full screen they can just throw whatever projectile they want and there's nothing I can do about it. It's a lose lose.

I'm fucking salty that he's this bad...
Can't you just hit confirm into the safe DF2 if you see the opponent blocking?

DDutchguy

It's not safe. There's a big old gap there. And in the case of 21, it's not cancellable.
There's still 431 to work with. Also a gap doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, it's just something you'll have to keep in mind so you can't just cancel into DF2 all day without taking any risks.

TamedLizard

Buff George
There's still 431 to work with. Also a gap doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, it's just something you'll have to keep in mind so you can't just cancel into DF2 all day without taking any risks.
4()31 also has a gap lol.

But true, you're not ALWAYS going to get blown up for gaps, but you're adding a second gap by cancelling into a special so there's now two chances for them to armor or backdash.

DDutchguy

4()31 also has a gap lol.

But true, you're not ALWAYS going to get blown up for gaps, but you're adding a second gap by cancelling into a special so there's now two chances for them to armor or backdash.
Hm, didn't even know 43 had a gap. That's a really weird move to have one.