What's new

General/Other - Bartitsu XL Bartitsu General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Random gimmick I've been using: doing a combo into fart into jip 41 or 413 then throwing since they have quick recovery. Not sure how well it'll work as time goes on but meh lol

TamedLizard

Buff George
So I've got to ask other fellow Bartitsu players and I don't feel like making a thread lol. How are you guys handling heavy zoning? The recovery on Sumo Stomp is ass even on hit, and that's only a viable option against slower projectiles.

His footsie game is incredibly strong, but I just can't seem to do much aside from neutral jump or duck to avoid chip and damage from projectiles at full screen. (Faced a Sektor yesterday that drove me bonkers)

I've used EX DB3 a few times, but I just don't like throwing that out there because an aptly timed cross up will catch me for a full combo.

Regardless, I'm in love. Bo is everything I hoped he would be. He's such a blast. I've actually put Reptile on the bench for now.

Also a fun and useful gimmick I've used is cancelling D4 into DF1 (only at max range where it's hard to make use of your advantage). It's caught quite a few that tried to jump, run, or dash after a blocked D4.

Youphemism

So I've got to ask other fellow Bartitsu players and I don't feel like making a thread lol. How are you guys handling heavy zoning? The recovery on Sumo Stomp is ass even on hit, and that's only a viable option against slower projectiles.

His footsie game is incredibly strong, but I just can't seem to do much aside from neutral jump or duck to avoid chip and damage from projectiles at full screen. (Faced a Sektor yesterday that drove me bonkers)

I've used EX DB3 a few times, but I just don't like throwing that out there because an aptly timed cross up will catch me for a full combo.

Regardless, I'm in love. Bo is everything I hoped he would be. He's such a blast. I've actually put Reptile on the bench for now.

Also a fun and useful gimmick I've used is cancelling D4 into DF1 (only at max range where it's hard to make use of your advantage). It's caught quite a few that tried to jump, run, or dash after a blocked D4.
I don't know about incredibly strong, he's slow as all hell. At least against characters like Smoke and Jason I feel like I can't do shit because his footsie tools are so goddamn slow you may as well not bother doing them sometimes.

And my god the gaps. The unsafety and the gaps. The gaps and the lack of safety and the horrible mobility. I want to like this variation but GOD ALMIGHTY.

Also D4~DF1 might be a tad on the slow side against some stuff, I wonder how fun D4~DB1 is.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I don't know about incredibly strong, he's slow as all hell. At least against characters like Smoke and Jason I feel like I can't do shit because his footsie tools are so goddamn slow you may as well not bother doing them sometimes.

And my god the gaps. The unsafety and the gaps. The gaps and the lack of safety and the horrible mobility. I want to like this variation but GOD ALMIGHTY.

Also D4~DF1 might be a tad on the slow side against some stuff, I wonder how fun D4~DB1 is.
I think the gaps will definitely be a cause for more concern as the meta evolves. But for now? Until I'm no longer able to get away with murder, abuse that shit. Have fun lol.

At this point, it's stupid easy to condition someone and open them up with Bo. Yeah he's not the fastest, but I played a lengthy set against a good Smoke yesterday and even with him I was able to condition (scare I guess would be the more appropriate term since it wasn't exactly my intended result) him to play his game at full screen.

Another big highlight is his AAs and NJP. Honestly, the only MU I've played so far that was a REAL nightmare (aside from heavy zoning variations) was Kotal. That JIP and his fast advancing strings shut down a good chunk of my options. I think this will prove to be a MU where the entire goal will be to keep him mid to full screen. Which will be challenging enough against War God.

To be fair though, there are still quite a few MUs that I need more experience against. Cassie springs to mind. I imagine that to be a doozy. These are merely just my first week impressions and thoughts.

Youphemism

I think the gaps will definitely be a cause for more concern as the meta evolves. But for now? Until I'm no longer able to get away with murder, abuse that shit. Have fun lol.

At this point, it's stupid easy to condition someone and open them up with Bo. Yeah he's not the fastest, but I played a lengthy set against a good Smoke yesterday and even with him I was able to condition (scare I guess would be the more appropriate term since it wasn't exactly my intended result) him to play his game at full screen.

Another big highlight is his AAs and NJP. Honestly, the only MU I've played so far that was a REAL nightmare (aside from heavy zoning variations) was Kotal. That JIP and his fast advancing strings shut down a good chunk of my options. I think this will prove to be a MU where the entire goal will be to keep him mid to full screen. Which will be challenging enough against War God.

To be fair though, there are still quite a few MUs that I need more experience against. Cassie springs to mind. I imagine that to be a doozy.
People admire his range but the problem is he's so damn slow he's still not able to compete properly. His risk reward is like 70/30, if that, just because he's so unsafe on so much stuff. Once I play a person who knows all they need to do is option select armour on every single hit I'll be fucked. However F1/F11 mixups have been doing me well from footsie range.

TamedLizard

Buff George
People admire his range but the problem is he's so damn slow he's still not able to compete properly. His risk reward is like 70/30, if that, just because he's so unsafe on so much stuff. Once I play a person who knows all they need to do is option select armour on every single hit I'll be fucked. However F1/F11 mixups have been doing me well from footsie range.
How could you not though? Lol. Once you've got them in that sweet spot mid screen, things really get interesting (and swaggy). Unless of course you're up against another character that also has god-like footsies. Alien gave me a bit of trouble in this area but I'm still severely lacking proper MU knowledge against him anyway atm.

I'm just not looking forward to the day when it becomes common knowledge that the vast majority of his specials and strings are so unsafe. Probably fear that moreso than having a string armored through lol. But at least it'll keep things interesting. The problem now is just that nobody realizes just how unsafe his specials are. Oddly, I get SO many people throwing away punishes for a poke.

You said EX DF2 is safe though right? I should probably start making it more of a habit to use that. >.>

Last edited:

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Btw, there's mistake in game frame data: d4 is -8 on block, not -4, cuz it's punishable by Reptile's ex-slide

Last edited:

Youphemism

How could you not though? Lol. Once you've got them in that sweet spot mid screen, things really get interesting (and swaggy). Unless of course you're up against another character that also has god-like footsies. Alien gave me a bit of trouble in this area but I'm still severely lacking proper MU knowledge against him anyway atm.

I'm just not looking forward to the day when it becomes common knowledge that the vast majority of his specials and strings are so unsafe. Probably fear that moreso than having a string armored through lol. But at least it'll keep things interesting. The problem now is just that nobody realizes just how unsafe his specials are. Oddly, I get SO many people throwing away punishes for a poke.

You said EX DF2 is safe though right? I should probably start making it more of a habit to use that. >.>
Both DF2 and EX DF2 are safe, -2 and -5 according to the frame data iirc.

I believe this combo (36%) is the most damaging one without using bars in Barjitsu variation. 4 is quite slow so I recommend try this combo with jump in punch as starter. (That doesn't mean jump like crazy in a fight)

Inputs: JIP1 xx 413U4 xx NJP xx Run xx 12DB4xx JIP1 xx F212BF4

Last edited:

Youphemism

I believe this combo (36%) is the most damaging one without using bars in Barjitsu variation. 4 is quite slow so I recommend try this combo with jump in punch as starter.

Inputs: JIP1 xx 413U4 xx NJP xx Run xx 2DB4xx JIP1 xx F212BF4

Keep combo videos for the combo thread please. And try not to start with a jump in punch as it's impractical to expect to start most of your combos with one.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Is it just me or does Bo struggle against zoning? Because I've noticed that in Bartitsu his only real option of fighting back is the ex-flip kicks and that unfortunately can be shut down by characters like Sektor who can easily MB rockets or kenshi even to an extent also the fact that the flip kicks are more than punishable doesn't exactly help Bo either. Any advice for dealing with zoning with BRC? Do I just need to play patient?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Is it just me or does Bo struggle against zoning? Because I've noticed that in Bartitsu his only real option of fighting back is the ex-flip kicks and that unfortunately can be shut down by characters like Sektor who can easily MB rockets or kenshi even to an extent also the fact that the flip kicks are more than punishable doesn't exactly help Bo either. Any advice for dealing with zoning with BRC? Do I just need to play patient?
Just gotta be patient and hope you can push someone to the corner.

Just decided to make a little video of some easy kombos using bo rai chos b14 in the bartitsu variation. Would really appreciate some tips

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This is his largest problem and it's a big one. You can't dash, you can't run...you have to walk in use your ranged attacks and make good reads so you can use monkey flips. Sometimes you have to just take risks.

Worst part is once you get in, they'll have built a butt load of meter and have breaker. No combos for you.

I've only had success against zoners by taking risks and then trying my best to stay on top of them.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
This is his largest problem and it's a big one. You can't dash, you can't run...you have to walk in use your ranged attacks and make good reads so you can use monkey flips. Sometimes you have to just take risks.

Worst part is once you get in, they'll have built a butt load of meter and have breaker. No combos for you.

I've only had success against zoners by taking risks and then trying my best to stay on top of them.
I wish NRS could give him better run speed to compensate at the very least or give him a projectile of some sort to at least fight back

kevkopdx

Noob

yeah pretty much this... he has a lot of problems... but he sure is fun!

Youphemism

Just decided to make a little video of some easy kombos using bo rai chos b14 in the bartitsu variation. Would really appreciate some tips
Make sure to read through the rest of the thread before posting, keep combo videos for the combo or video thread please. I see you've already posted it in the combo thread so that's cool but this is for strategy/tech/etc discussion.

And for my crop duster setup in the corner I like to dd4 until they start jumping to avoid them then I just df1 while there in the air and drag them right into it