What's new

Xbone vs PS4: Controllers and Online

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I disagree. Go to amazon and price out the sanwa parts that are in the 200$ madcatz fight stick. Decent buttons and a decent joystick is not cheap then factor in the xbox1 PCB, the wires, leds, the case, and the build quality and you can easily see how reasonable the 200$ price point is. 200$ is expensive and not cheap for a video game controller, but it's not overpriced for what you get.

I'd be interested to hear what other modders take are on the cost since I'm sure they are more familiar with the cost of parts. Early mods usually take the PCB right from an existing controller which means the initial cost before any parts starts at 60$ just for the controller you're going to tear apart for the build.
Look 200 bucks is a huge investment on a video game controller, of course buying it part by part is likely going to cost a lil more, but again as I say why spend 200 bucks on a stick that isn't even dual modded anyway. I am not a modder therefore I want a stick that does these out the box.